KIA UK

• Creator
    Topic
  • #185956 Reply
    Paul

Just noticed this on Twitter from Kia UK:

We made the difficult decision to suspend Sportage orders from various fleet providers including Motability due to extended lead times and ongoing production constraints. All existing Motability orders will be fulfilled . . . . . Kia profit from Motability as with any business purchase but regrettably, production constraints mean we can’t meet the high demand. If we didn’t suspend orders, more Motability customers would be left disappointed next year.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #185960 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

That’s my plans scuppered then.

Current car: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#185968 Reply
    dayskipper

Yeah, we knew about it last week, see the “Ordered Kia Sportage” thread.

#185970 Reply
    Paul

Ah ok, feel free to delete this thread then.

#185972 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

The last sentence “If we didn’t suspend orders, more Motability customers would be left disappointed next year.” doesn’t make sense.

If they didn’t suspend orders, there would be more Motability customers happy that they were getting the car they wanted next year, NOT disappointed customers next year. So long as the KIA dealerships were honest about the expected delivery dates, customers wouldn’t be disappointed.

The truth is that KIA earn more money from private purchases and (understandably) would rather sell to them and don’t want to risk those sales.

So long as Motability don’t offer manufacturers competitive prices for their vehicles, they will have no interest in Motability sales. This was different went supply issues weren’t a problem. Dealerships were happy to not earn much from Motability because it still counted towards their sales, which in turn led to the dealerships getting bigger discounts from the manufacturers. Dealerships no longer need these Motability sales to boost their sales because manufacturers can’t even keep up with the volume of regular private purchases.

#185976 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

The last sentence “If we didn’t suspend orders, more Motability customers would be left disappointed next year.” doesn’t make sense. If they didn’t suspend orders, there would be more Motability customers happy that they were getting the car they wanted next year, NOT disappointed customers next year. So long as the KIA dealerships were honest about the expected delivery dates, customers wouldn’t be disappointed. The truth is that KIA earn more money from private purchases and (understandably) would rather sell to them and don’t want to risk those sales. So long as Motability don’t offer manufacturers competitive prices for their vehicles, they will have no interest in Motability sales. This was different went supply issues weren’t a problem. Dealerships were happy to not earn much from Motability because it still counted towards their sales, which in turn led to the dealerships getting bigger discounts from the manufacturers. Dealerships no longer need these Motability sales to boost their sales because manufacturers can’t even keep up with the volume of regular private purchases.

Youve hit the nail on the head @gilders

#185974 Reply
    Melanie Hodges

I’m actually trying not to cry. After lots of stress, grant application etc, I was intending to order the Sportage at the end of next month, it was the only car that met all of my needs. Now I have no idea what to do

#185981 Reply
    DougieB
    Participant

The last sentence “If we didn’t suspend orders, more Motability customers would be left disappointed next year.” doesn’t make sense. If they didn’t suspend orders, there would be more Motability customers happy that they were getting the car they wanted next year, NOT disappointed customers next year. So long as the KIA dealerships were honest about the expected delivery dates, customers wouldn’t be disappointed. The truth is that KIA earn more money from private purchases and (understandably) would rather sell to them and don’t want to risk those sales. So long as Motability don’t offer manufacturers competitive prices for their vehicles, they will have no interest in Motability sales. This was different went supply issues weren’t a problem. Dealerships were happy to not earn much from Motability because it still counted towards their sales, which in turn led to the dealerships getting bigger discounts from the manufacturers. Dealerships no longer need these Motability sales to boost their sales because manufacturers can’t even keep up with the volume of regular private purchases.

My son works on the procurement side of a major vehicle leasing company and they hammer manufacturers margins to within an inch of their lives. Motability is simply following industry practice.

Current car: VW Tiguan R-Line Tech auto in nice shiny black. 🙂

#185987 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

Although overall not as good a car the Vauxhall Grandland in Ultimate trim is as close as I can find for an alternative of similar size and relevant creature comforts to meet my personal needs.

#185986 Reply
    Dave k

Looks like extension to lease on our xc40

shame liked the looks of Kia 😩

#185992 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Although overall not as good a car the Vauxhall Grandland in Ultimate trim is as close as I can find for an alternative of similar size and relevant creature comforts to meet my personal needs.

When I was due to change end of last year I looked at the Grandland and found the boot and rear passenger space a little on the small size for our needs, plus we wanted leather seats. In the end I opted for the Tuscon Ultimate after seriously considering leaving the scheme due to the lack of vehicles. Our first choice was the Kodiaq.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by kezo.
    #186003 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I know why they do it as I managed to get an order in for a Tiguan that I knew would take a year to deliver but at least my current car is OK but think Motability customers should be able to make their own minds up whether to wait or not as long as were given truthful delivery dates.

My thinking as to why all or most of the manufactures suspend the orders for both we Motability customers and other fleet buyers is all to do with inflation.

My Tiguan ordered last October has had a retail price increase of near on £2,000 (without discounts) and there’s another price increase in the pipeline, so they say, for August so the longer they take to deliver, whatever the cause, it cost them money if the price is fixed at order time.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by ChrisK.
    #186007 Reply
    rox
    Participant

Indeed chrisk, Plus also with the current global energy situation, all costs will go up including production and shipping. The kicker is, as I’ve been saying for quite a while, our allowance ain’t keeping up and some car prices have increased hugely over inflation, partly to do with new tech and hybrid system being added have increased costs.

Some new cars are up to 26% more expensive than in 2019.(what that means for the scheme is higher ap’s)

I was watching an interview with vertu group ceo and it was intresting how they selling less cars, have less stock but are making their biggest ever profits and it’s not down to selling online. He was saying that was the new model and they won’t be going back to the old one of having over supply of new cars or lots of used cars sitting around.

The dealer I’m buying my new car from has sold all the ones they ordered before they have even arrived.

Which imo also meens no deals for scheme vehicles, like we’ve seen before. Look there will be some if you able to move quick but not on factory orders.

What ap will the kia’s come back on the scheme at, I bet higher than now.. which is one reason why I’m making my move now back to ownership.

Lack of supply always, inflates prices as i have seen in other markets and it can be artificially created all you need is an excuse to do so, an event and then exploit that. 1st We had covid, now Ukraine and also the green agenda, with some levy or other, will all drive up prices and they won’t come back down to prior levels.

Then you say it’s a better way and keep it that way. Personally i know there’s some other agenda at play set by the un, wef etc and goverments rollout the polices and car makers have to fall into line to remain viable or face huge fines.

You will not own anything and you will be happy.

If your starving and get offered a slice of bread how happy will you be.. ecstatic. You get used to the new normal in 21 days.

Right now that seems many cars not being on the scheme at all. Which i don’t see getting any better only worse as we move toward 2030 or 2035.

Some companies are campaigning for the switch over sooner like volvo and tesco as they are going fully electric soon and their competitors should not be allowed to have an advantage over them so all should be forced to do as they do, even if it’s their choice to do so sooner they want new legislation brought in sooner to force others and everyone else to comply, rather than allow the market and adoption of the technology of the masses to dictate change, rather than have it forced upon us, which is the model we seeing put in place.

#186025 Reply
    Paul

This is the 2nd car reviewer ive seen who has ended up ordering one after reviewing.

At the end she says she has been quoted 4months wait,?good luck with that.

#186145 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

@Paul

Whoever she ordered the KIA from will know she is a Motoring Journo so will go out of their way to meet the dead line or even better it.

As for Motability customers, who cares.

BTW I seen another review just this morning with this girl doing side by side comparison with the KIA Sportage, Hyundai Tucson and the Ford Kuga.

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
Reply To: KIA UK
Your information: