Kia Sportage Waiting times.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #182484 Reply
    ysokary1
    Participant

Hi all.

Just trying to see what most people have been told what there waiting times are at the moment. Mine was ordered on the 1st of April (I had been waiting for the Sportage as it had been rumoured to be in this quarter) I was told September for the gtline s hybrid FWD by the dealer but I’m not sure to believe that!

What have others been told?

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #183500 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

@kezo good advice re trying out a MHEV Tucson. I ordered the MHEV GT Line-S today, but if I’d of thought of it, I would have tried Hyundai dealerships to see if they had a MHEV Tucson.

I’ve not driven an SUV before, but when test driving the Sportage HEV, I felt it was suited to a more relaxing drive rather than finding a twisty B road to blast along. So hopefully I’ll be happy with the MHEV.

#183506 Reply
    KSN
    Participant

Thanks all for the comments, giving a Hyundai a try is not a bad idea at all!

Amazing how you get used to more powerful cars overtime, I remember when  0-60 under 10 secs was considered a hot hatch! And 150 bhp was sports car territory.

#183507 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@kezo good advice re trying out a MHEV Tucson. I ordered the MHEV GT Line-S today, but if I’d of thought of it, I would have tried Hyundai dealerships to see if they had a MHEV Tucson. I’ve not driven an SUV before, but when test driving the Sportage HEV, I felt it was suited to a more relaxing drive rather than finding a twisty B road to blast along. So hopefully I’ll be happy with the MHEV.

We test drove both the ICE and MHEV Tuscon end of last year power wise there was no real difference and I think the MHEV helps a little with BIK rates bring it under 150g C02 plus there was a £1k difference between the two with AP’s which we wouldn’t have made the difference up with the little gain in fuel economy. In the end we chose the Tuscon Ultimate ICE (MHEV Ultimate not on the scheme) and are generally pleased with how it drives and performance is adequate (of course we would all like 230hp) but not as blistering as our previous car, plus its nice to get back in an SUV with the extra seating height.

I’m sure you will be happy with your GT line s which has a better interior than the Tuscon and I do kick myself sometimes for not waiting for the Sportage to join the scheme.

#183508 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Thanks all for the comments, giving a Hyundai a try is not a bad idea at all! Amazing how you get used to more powerful cars overtime, I remember when 0-60 under 10 secs was considered a hot hatch! And 150 bhp was sports car territory.

At least you will know whether you’ll be happy with the engine which I’m sure you will before putting an order in for the Sportage.

Yes how times have moved on from those days!

#183730 Reply
    Paul

The HEV “4”TRIM in uk does not get the electric boot, but  I’ve seen a few videos of European models(for example https://youtu.be/081HCX0Ifos)of the 4 trim where the boot is electric and kia don’t do option packs ,when i ordered mine i knew the electric boot was not included as its only in the G LINE S TRIM, but i find these europe videos of the 4 trim confusing and wandering why not uk model?

#183762 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

@Paul at what point does he call this a “4” trim? I’ve just watched it and didn’t hear.

#183766 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@Paul at what point does he call this a “4” trim? I’ve just watched it and didn’t hear.

Have a look at the rear seats @4.36 they look like the 3 or 4 trim to me. As far as I’m aware other markets including the EU do get better goodies on lower trims than us. This was also the case with the Tuscon where as the premium got electric tail gate but was only standard on ultimate trim here

#183769 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

I understand that EU lower spec cars may get more goodies than UK, but I just can’t compare an EU spec car and somehow get confused that it’s not a “4” spec.

When I collect my car (which will be the highest spec, GT Line S) I won’t be expecting it to have adaptive suspension like some of the EU models.

Another feature I’d like is the ability to plug a usb stick in to one of the ports and be able to use the front camera as a dashcam. This feature is available on the Tucson in some other areas, so I presume it will be available on the Sportage in some areas. I have an OBD11 for my VW Golf which opens up lots of “hidden” features. I don’t know if there is an equivalent for KIA, but if there is, I’m sure this is something that can be unlocked.

The EU cars that get extra goodies are there to compensate for putting the steering wheel on the wrong side 😉

#183776 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Another feature I’d like is the ability to plug a usb stick in to one of the ports and be able to use the front camera as a dashcam. This feature is available on the Tucson in some other areas, so I presume it will be available on the Sportage in some areas. I have an OBD11 for my VW Golf which opens up lots of “hidden” features. I don’t know if there is an equivalent for KIA, but if there is, I’m sure this is something that can be unlocked.

Yes @gliders I would of liked to have done that but its only available in Korea from what ive read. It also uses an additional dedicated sd/usb port (can’t remember which one) which we don’t get.

Yes the VAG group was great for enabling extra features via the the OBD port. Unfortunately from what I can see when I had a quick look the other day Hyundai/Kia next to nothing could be done. Whether or not that was because I was using OBD11 i don’t know but will be looking more in depth into it when I get more time.

The EU cars that get extra goodies are there to compensate for putting the steering wheel on the wrong side

LOL. It wouldn’t surprise me if they took features off for putting the steering wheel on the right to punish us for being in a minority market 🙂

#184398 Reply
    Ronz

Do you think they will reopen their books for the hybrid, the day I got my grant letter they took it off. Really don’t know what to do and time is running out….

any Advice would be gratefully received

#184410 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Do you think they will reopen their books for the hybrid, the day I got my grant letter they took it off. Really don’t know what to do and time is running out…. any Advice would be gratefully received

A few on here were told the hybrid will not be rejoining for the rest of the year due to the backlog.

#185792 Reply
    Paul

Good thing about wait times being extended, is the few niggles appearing  in some  cars   being corrected  .The blackscreen   mentioned on odd forums a few times.  https://youtu.be/D2ocShyJ9eY

#185788 Reply
    Gordon Smith
    1. BE CAREFUL EVERYONE!!!

I ORDERED A NEW KIA SPORTAGE ISg 2 MODEL ON THE 28TH JANUARY 2022 – ESTIMATED DELIVERY WAS APRIL 7. MY NEW DATE (EARLIEST) 4TH JULY. THEY HAVE BLAMED EVERYTHING FROM UKRAINE WAR, COVID, BREXIT, CHINA TRADE WAR AND THE LATEST – WHEAT EXPORTS FROM INDIA …… AVOID KIA – AVOID AVOID AVOID

#185800 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I ORDERED A NEW KIA SPORTAGE ISg 2 MODEL ON THE 28TH JANUARY 2022 – ESTIMATED DELIVERY WAS APRIL 7. MY NEW DATE (EARLIEST) 4TH JULY. THEY HAVE BLAMED EVERYTHING FROM UKRAINE WAR, COVID, BREXIT, CHINA TRADE WAR AND THE LATEST – WHEAT EXPORTS FROM INDIA …… AVOID KIA – AVOID AVOID AVOID

Still a good delivery time, better than most other manufacturers.

#185802 Reply
    joss

@Gordon Smith Please do not use all Capitols in your post. There is no need. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by joss.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#185814 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Still a good delivery time, better than most other manufacturers.

Yep, no need to scream and shout about it, my order for a VW from last October will be lucky to be seen by this October and I was told it would be April just gone, but I’m a reasonable guy and knows poo happens.😁

#187641 Reply
    Kia rio

Ordered car feb 18th was told may/June now am being told September latest with no updates in between! So disappointed

#187846 Reply
    DaveH

Hopefully good news for others as well as myself, I order my sportage 4 on 1st of April and I have just been informed I should take possession no later than the end of this month.  Hopefully others will get this type of time line as well.

#187855 Reply
    stav

Now thats a big chunk of good news Dave H. We were told the a similar timeline (sept – oct.) so really hopefull now.

#187878 Reply
    Zak
    Participant

That’s good news. Hybrid, petrol or diesel?

#187924 Reply
    DaveH

It’s the 1.6 diesel 48v DCT awd, the one with small 48v motors for junctions and stop/start performance.

#187936 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

@DaveH Please could you write a quick review a few drives after receiving it?

I’ve had to order the petrol mild hybrid (a few days too late for full hybrid) and as well as as the mpg, I’m also concerned that the the only review I’ve found for the mild hybrid is very negative toward the 7 speed DCT.

I only got to drive the full hybrid which seemed very smooth, but I’m getting very tempted to cancel my order as the petrol mild hybrid seems so inferior to the full hybrid.

#187939 Reply
    stav

gilders, we currently have the 7 speed dct on the 1.4 tgdi kia xceed and I find it fine. I actually find it smoother and better then the vw tiguan dsg as its not hesitant when starting off.

#187982 Reply
    DaveH

@gliders, I certainly will provide a review for you.  I wouldn’t cancel yet, plenty of time for folk here to review it, I’ll be comparing it to a nippy awd 1.5 petrol auto kuga.  The 2018 model kuga didn’t get particularly good reviews but I honestly love it, minus its guzzly 22.7mpg and old school auto box of course.

I’ve not been able to find anything outwardly negative about the dct, only that it’s a bit hesitant on the diesel but that was on the old model sportage.  Reviews on the Soul and ceed suggest its fine.  One reviewer on YouTube (carwow or something like that) said she actually ended up buying a sportage after reviewing it for the show.  I am full of hope that my leap of faith is rewarded.

#188204 Reply
    Paul

This was posted on the ‘Kia forum’

“”Placed order 2nd april for HEV 4.Dealer rang today (appreciate they made contact considering many on here been told nothing).Anyhow from order was told august then november but now told march 23 at latest..really depressing .Mine was placed via motorbility so private /business orders i wouldnt read to much into my update.Seems common news on forums that motorbility are back of the queue from what i can gather.😠”””

Hope the march 2023 is not the case for all?,as the poster put.Depressing news

Viewing 25 replies - 101 through 125 (of 139 total)
Reply To: Kia Sportage Waiting times.
Your information: