Kia Sportage Waiting times.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #182484 Reply
    ysokary1
    Participant

Hi all.

Just trying to see what most people have been told what there waiting times are at the moment. Mine was ordered on the 1st of April (I had been waiting for the Sportage as it had been rumoured to be in this quarter) I was told September for the gtline s hybrid FWD by the dealer but I’m not sure to believe that!

What have others been told?

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 139 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #182585 Reply
    ysokary1
    Participant

Thank you for the detailed review! I agree about the parking feature. The ev6 parka itself in spots I don’t understand why they didn’t implement this feature in to the Sportage.

#182593 Reply
    rico

I had a testdrive in one monday, it was good mpg on motorway at are speeds better than our diesel tiguan, the school run a round trip of 4 miles mpg was doubled so ordered in case it dissapeared, but still maybe not our final car as I will testdrive the 308 hybrid plugin if its still on when showrooms get demonstrators.

#182824 Reply
    Ldc7080

How many miles per year can you do ?

#182834 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

20,000 miles

#182924 Reply
    Paul

Does the uk version offer the choice of lighter cream  interior?Seen few utube vids from other countries showin lighter interior.Looks really nice.

#182926 Reply
    ysokary1
    Participant

Does the uk version offer the choice of lighter cream interior?Seen few utube vids from other countries showin lighter interior.Looks really nice.

Unfortunately not paul!

The cream one does look good and it is a shame but they do not have any interior options in the UK model

#182927 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Does the uk version offer the choice of lighter cream interior?Seen few utube vids from other countries showin lighter interior.Looks really nice.

Unfortunately not paul! The cream one does look good and it is a shame but they do not have any interior options in the UK model

Unfortunately not paul! The cream one does look good and it is a shame but they do not have any interior options in the UK model

There’s also a nice light brown colour ive seen along with cream colour that both come in full leather, that would be top of my list. As you say sadly not to be available in the UK. Yet you can get cream as well as dark grey on the Tuscon which I find strange given they are essentially the same company.

#182928 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Thank you for the detailed review! I agree about the parking feature. The ev6 parka itself in spots I don’t understand why they didn’t implement this feature in to the Sportage.

You’re welcome, Ysokary1.

You and me both!

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#182955 Reply
    rico

to add to my earlier comment my dealer said look straight up, hopefully october, but be prepared for a nov date.

#183016 Reply
    Asc

I just ordered my Kia sportage 1.6 hev GT-line S trim today and dealer give me estimated delivery time for first half of January..

#183017 Reply
    ysokary1
    Participant

I just ordered my Kia sportage 1.6 hev GT-line S trim today and dealer give me estimated delivery time for first half of January..

Damn! That is a long wait! But I bet it will be worth the wait. I’ve watched and read so many review’s the wife has had enough of hearing the word Sportage 😂

It looks fantastic.

#183021 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Wow! That’s quite a while. Do we think that Kia may temporarily pull the Sportage off the scheme to ease the waiting list? I would imagine the range-topper would utilise more semi-conductors than the base model as there’s more technology on board.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#183027 Reply
    Asc

Aygo1991Participant
    Asc wrote:
    Wow! That’s quite a while. Do we think that Kia may temporarily pull the Sportage off the scheme to ease the waiting list? I would imagine the range-topper would utilise more semi-conductors than the base model as there’s more technology on board.

What dealer told me is, sportage wil Not pull out of the scheme very soon, only delivery times will go longer..

#183028 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

The way it is going, 1 year will soon be the new norm!

#183030 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

That’s what seems to be the future but not to worry Motability customers can order 3 months in advance to take a bit of the sting out of the waiting times. 😊😖

#183037 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

That’s what seems to be the future but not to worry Motability customers can order 3 months in advance to take a bit of the sting out of the waiting times. 😊😖

3 months is ludicrous in the current scheme of things and they know that.

Why oh why haven’t they at least upped it to 6 months.

#183038 Reply
    Paul

How would it work if 6months was the order timeframe,if by some miracle someone ordered a car and was available a couple of months later?leaving 3to4 months left before end of orignal lease.Would motorbility allow early change or would dealer have to hold the car?

#183040 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

How would it work if 6months was the order timeframe,if by some miracle someone ordered a car and was available a couple of months later?leaving 3to4 months left before end of orignal lease.Would motorbility allow early change or would dealer have to hold the car?

I’m sure mb have a good idea how long a wait would be and the likely hood of a car turning up before six months would be a miracle, but they do happen. The real answer is I don’t know 🙂

#183041 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Quick answer is you have to wait until your 3 year lease is up.

#183068 Reply
    Donna

Ordered GT line S HEV 2WD inPenta Grey with two tone extra £150. Given an estimated delivery date of November with £2836 + Paint
    Praying for an earlier date!! First motability car – have to sell mine

#183070 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Ordered GT line S HEV 2WD inPenta Grey with two tone extra £150. Given an estimated delivery date of November with £2836 + Paint Praying for an earlier date!! First motability car – have to sell mine

I thought the GT line S Hybrid was £4k advance payment or did you put £2836 deposit down?

#183073 Reply
    gilders
    Participant

WPMS is £2836

#183075 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

WPMS is £2836

It never crossed my mind to look at WPMS AP’s 🙂

#183076 Reply
    Paul

You’re not alone @kezo .I was scratching my head at the figure £2836 too. 😆

#183101 Reply
    Donna

Yeah. On WPMS

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 139 total)
Reply To: Kia Sportage Waiting times.
Your information: