Kia Sportage GTS HEV 2024

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Update from dealership ,he said my25 sportage going into production a month early ,his words ,and said he should get some dates through soon. Just passing on to those with sportage on order.

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 321 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      bigmac7288
      Participant

update from my dealer ordered 13th march  car has arrived at dealer. Dealer asked to pick up on the 26th but im on holiday that week so pick up on the 1st july.

cant wait

Markymate
        Participant

Welldone tvs. Markymate your car does look great.

Cheers, Micky.  I don’t what Autoglym put in the stuff, but the dust and grime seems to just bounce of it, as 5 days later the car is still gleaming like I’d just finished applying it!!!

Markymate
          Participant

update from my dealer ordered 13th march car has arrived at dealer. Dealer asked to pick up on the 26th but im on holiday that week so pick up on the 1st july. cant wait

Nice one, bigmac, glad you didn’t have to wait too long.  You are going to love it, without doubt!

Participant

Participant

Had an update from my dealer today to say there’s a 5-6 week delay on my delivery for my Sportage, I asked where in the process it is but haven’t received a reply.

Still…. looking forward to when it’s finally here!

Participant

Well that’s sod ,for you I’m still waiting too ,hope you get soon.

Participant

When did you place order cururo what area.

Participant

26/03/2024 and Kidderminster (Worcestershire) estimated delivery was for 30/06/2024.

But to be honest I was expecting it to be around end of July beginning August looking at the wibblers list on the kia forum, around 5 months is the average wait time (from a quick skim of the document).

Hopefully it means it’s built and on its way!

Participant

Yes I hope it is for you ,I ordered 6/3/24 have been emailed by kia myorder 9/6/24  ,it’s built and on boat with thousands other kias arrived immingham ,so expect it in next 2 weeks.

Participant

Image car I expect but 24 plate

kezo
                          Participant

Took my MY25 Tucson PHEV on a 400+ mile round trip over weekend and averaged 50.4mpg in HEV mode which I’m happy with.

Main reason I went for the PHEV rather than HEV, is so I can take dd to school and run local in electric mode.

Participant

That’s good I prefer petrol fhev, hope get it soon.

subzy
                              Participant

Hello Kezo,

Excuse me for maybe posting this on wrong thread. My first post here on this site.

Cancelled my Sportage GTS PHEV after one accessory ordered wasn’t compatible (illuminated side sills – only compatible with HEV & ICE, NOT PHEV). Didn’t bother me too much after I saw the new Tuscon MY25 was released. Been following your posts on that thread. Very helpful – thanks.

You said after 400+ miles you got 50.4 mpg in HEV mode.

Does that mean you never plugged in to charge the battery ? Just drove with ICE only ?

Thanks

kezo
                                Participant

Hello Kezo, Excuse me for maybe posting this on wrong thread. My first post here on this site. Cancelled my Sportage GTS PHEV after one accessory ordered wasn’t compatible (illuminated side sills – only compatible with HEV & ICE, NOT PHEV). Didn’t bother me too much after I saw the new Tuscon MY25 was released. Been following your posts on that thread. Very helpful – thanks. You said after 400+ miles you got 50.4 mpg in HEV mode. Does that mean you never plugged in to charge the battery ? Just drove with ICE only ? Thanks

Hi, I did not plug in during the trip and let the car drive in hybrid mode as a self charging hybrid HEV would drive so mixture of electric only – ICE – then back to electric and so on, if that makes sense.

If I had started the journey in EV mode, I would have been able to drive on electric utill the battery reached 10-15% and then the car would have automatically switched to hybrid HEV mode as described above. I’m not going to guess and give a false answer how many miles it would have travelled but, my plan is to try this in 3 weeks when I make the journey again, to see which is the most economical way of doing this journey. However, I can confirm the car will easily travel above 70mph on battery power alone.

In sport mode it goes like 💩 of a shoval, yet still manages to drive as a self charging hybrid (HEV), although not as much as in eco mode.

As said previous, I got the PHEV to save money taking daughter to a from school and driving locally, which is where I think a PHEV shines. Prior to taking delivery I took a guess, I would need to charge it 2.5 times a week, which turned out to bang on really. For that I am getting to take my daughter to and from school (80 miles p/week) plus shopping etc say an extra 10 miles or so. I currently pay 9p kwh off peak, so the 90 odd miles are costing £2.88 or £2.40 if I join Octopus Intelligent. Am I happy with that (range) Yes and no! I would have liked a bit more range between charges but, I have to take into consideration, I live ontop of a mountain and generally hilly area, so logically it’s going to use more of the battery when going up a mountain than going down or living in an area which is more flat, so taking this into consideration I’m happy, especially given my previous nx4 Tucson used 3 gallons of petrol for the same journey.

I have yet to play in depth with the regen settings, when I feel brave enough to use anything other than level one. The car has 3 regen setting and a one pedal driving setting. I imagine using a setting higher than one will massively help to kee the battery topped up especially going down the mountain lol. I am use to ICE, so it will take time to get use to these.

This is relevant to the Sportage PHEV, apart from the my25 Tucson having a larger kW motor, which I guess the Sportage will get next year.

I will copy this and add some pic’s to the facelifted Tucson thread as an initial review.

Participant

Hello, I see utube videos of 2024 kia sprortage awd suv with black coated wheels like gts fhev but black, which model has these wheels PHEV , ??? Uk european spec.

Markymate
                                    Participant

Hello, I see utube videos of 2024 kia sprortage awd suv with black coated wheels like gts fhev but black, which model has these wheels PHEV , ??? Uk european spec.

The wheels you are thinking of have been powder coated by the owner on the owners forum which is what I was going to have done. Was quoted £280 + VAT, I didn’t think that was to bad.  The only Youtube videos I’ve seen with the black HEV wheels was the grey 30th edition which is not available in the UK.

kezo
                                      Participant
                                        Participant

Ahh nightline edition ,

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Avatar photomickyarmy.
                                          Participant

Thanks I think also it’s german sportage nightline. edition ,from what I can see black wheels but not alot else, no power tailgate no sunroof ,maybe it’s just videos I’ve seen ,german kia sportage nightline. I’d rather have what ordered gts fhev awd red , when . Get it.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Avatar photomickyarmy.
                                            Participant

subzy
                                              Participant

love the dark chrome

Participant

Participant

Update email ,dealership. Your car is arriveing tomorrow ,so arrangements to be made handover this week

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 2 days ago by Avatar photomickyarmy.
                                                    Participant

wmcforum
                                                      Which Mobility Car

Update email ,dealership. Your car is arriveing tomorrow ,so arrangements to be made handover this week

I imagine I speak for everyone associated with the forum and we are collectively delighted with this news.

Viewing 25 replies - 176 through 200 (of 321 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.