Kia Sportage GTS HEV 2024

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

Update from dealership ,he said my25 sportage going into production a month early ,his words ,and said he should get some dates through soon. Just passing on to those with sportage on order.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 321 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Metro96
      Participant

We ordered ours (GT Line S PHEV) at the end of Feb.
        dealer rang last Friday to say it had gone into production. Delivery at the end of the month.
        reading the comments here, I’m not holding my breath.

Robert88
        Participant

Hope yous all avoid the ppf issues that many of us are having. My last 2 vehicles on motability where diesel and was always advised against because of my short journeys was told I should be driving a petrol so took their advice and got a petrol now having issues that I never had in 8 years of having a diesel doing the exact same journeys.

Participant

Yes kia seem to be processing those been waiting longest first ,so they should , My mondeo I had 2 years ago never did alot mileage ,was diesel never had any problems .

Markymate
            Participant

Just been into the dealership today to give them my number plate retention certificate, My dealer said he had good news, my Sportage is at Stallingborough(KIA facility at Immingham) and will be delivered next week. They have 3 deliveries schedule and won’t know which one till it arrives.   Happy days!!!

So although I’d registered for MyOrder notifications I never received a single one. Between me and the dealer, we think baulk of orders and trying to keep up with all the builds.

Ordered the 12th of January so will be within the 22 weeks he said it would be.

Participant

Pleased for you markymate ,exiting times ,I had email from dealership suggested my25 free off ppf problems, but if should have problems dealership will sort it ? He seems genuin honest guy. Hope I hear soon ordered march 6.

72 dudes
                Participant

Pleased for you markymate ,exiting times ,I had email from dealership suggested my25 free off ppf problems, but if should have problems dealership will sort it ? He seems genuin honest guy. Hope I hear soon ordered march 6.

@mickyarmy
                  , you’ve heard the one which goes “How do you know when a car salesman is lying?”

His lips are moving.

He’s not going to say don’t buy one, they’re not suitable for anyone doing a low mileage.

I’m sure all those with MY22/23/24 Sportages and Tucsons were also told they would be fixed if anything went wrong by the dealer too.

I certainly wouldn’t be ordering one (or a Tucson) with some of the stories we’ve heard on this forum.

I genuinely hope yours is okay, you may be lucky, but judging by the number of posts and replies you’re making, you are clearly worried about whether the MY25 version will have the GPF problem.

Why put yourself through it?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by 72 dudes.

2024 - BMW i4 Grand Coupe eDrive 35 Sport
                  2020 - Volvo XC40 T4 Inscription
                  2017 - Audi Q3 TFSi Sport S-Tronic

Phaedra
                  Participant

I wouldn’t believe a word they say!

They’ve known about this problem for a very long time and still continued building and selling thousands of cars with a known fault.  Add to that they’ve already lied and said the software update fixed it when it didn’t.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Robert88
                    Participant

My ppf came on last week only done  500 miles. Haven’t been out anywhere yet but will be out at weekend so will drive on motorway and give it a go in clearing it using the 3rd gear 50 mph high revs and taking foot off accelerator and keep repeating I’ll let you know how I get on. Hopefully it clears quickly and it won’t bother me if that’s all it needs.

Participant

OK we will see , enjoy

Participant

@mickyarmy

As with any manufacturer there are so many vehicles out there experiencing problems, take me for instance, VW Tiguan had it 13 months on the scheme – Travel assist error (no way to fix temporarily and 5 month wait for part) MB allowed me to change to a Kuga two weeks ago I had a recall letter my vehicle was one of  around 1,200 (ish) to be effected by the fuel injector issue ( luckily for me I had it booked in for a service and received the letter the day after booked it in so called up to add on the recall).

Every manufacturer has issues… clearly I should know, haha!

And like you, I have gone with a Sportage for a change due to needing an automatic and it was and still is the only appropriate vehicle on the vehicle to change to, that’s where we have an advantage as MB customers to cancel or change the lease when faults arise that can’t be fixed, but we always allow the opportunity for repair.

Got my update and told still on for end of June start of July delivery.

Participant

No offence to anyone ,yes , ,but in all reviews from all sorts of organisations topgear ,which,carwow  sportage 2024  owner reviews etc I only read good things about reliability etc 2024 kia sportage, but on forums hear about ppf issues on kia sportage , yes it’s hard to know what to think ,but it’s on order and I will take my chance with my25 gts hev . Or start useing pushbike again ,if I could.

Participant

Yes well put caruro. You are so right only yesterday my mercedes went in for power stearing recall, and all cars  have issues ,I’m looking forward to my sportage,what comes with it ,will just have to deal with issues, no matter what car,, recalls issues with them. Bless all.

Robert88
                              Participant

The ppf issue only becomes an issue if you can’t clear yourself apart from that it’s a fantastic car enjoy.

Markymate
                                Participant

All the reviews, either written or video spoke very highly of the Sportage, without any complaints. Even two or three reviewers ordered the car themselves.   That’s what convinced me to look into the Sportage when I’d extended the Tarraco for 2 extra years.   I did as much research as I could find, going not just on UK websites, but many other countries including Australia, South Africa and the USA.  And like all car manufacturers, they was problems, but once you take into account the volume of Sportages sold since 2022 the percentage of defects is no better, or worse than any other car producer.   Edmunds, which is the most renowned car reviewer in the USA, 5 days ago that the Sportage was there choice of best all round SUV, not small, medium or large, but all, the best SUV of 2024 for the second year running.   Cars are what they are, just like humans, you’ll get the odd one or two wrong un’s in every batch!!

Now, my last five motors have been trouble free, and I don’t about odds, but I’m probably due a wrong un sooner rather than later:(

Participant

Yes I do the same constant research into reviews, of course if it’s trabant review written by trabant it will praise trabant , but everyone praises sportage ,of course ( which, ) always want you subscribe to view their reviews,I’d like to read them but not going to join which. I look forward to my red sportage gts FHEV. Bless all. Top gear reviews are exact ,nothing to do with Clarksons mob now .

Participant

One thing irritates me is all these 2025 sportage videos ,they are just mishmash of low profile tyres old style kia grills absurd colours, totally invented not official kia 2025 sportage, as we know it’s not changed much from 2023 sportage 2024 spoetage.

Participant

Participant

Above example of invented 2025 sportage ,fantasy

Participant

Markmate read Edmunds kia sportage review ,yes long wheel base usa ,but alot in common with uk european sportage  car , interesting honest.

Participant

Participant

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Above as you know uk european ,and usa sportage.</p>

Participant

EMAIL FROM KIA not dealership , new sportage car is in production.

Participant

My car.

Markymate
                                                    Participant

That’s great news Micky, is it in production queue, or ready for production?

At least you got an email through KIA MyOrder app, I never received a single one!!

Participant

Yes markymate was surprised to get email from kia my order , it says in production queue. I have emailed kia twice may be that’s why I got my order email response.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 321 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.