Kia Sportage GT Line S advice on which engine?

• Creator
    Topic
    coruro
    Participant

I ordered a golf back in October and circumstances have now changed as my son is being home schooled meaning I need to carry more kit in the car, where as before it was a simple home to school drop off everyday.

I spoke to the garage I ordered the Golf with as its due in the next few weeks and they have said that I need to think long term and its not a problem, they are a VW SKODA dealer and have said to go in to consider other VW models, or even a Skoda. However I really like the Kia Sportage and Renault Austral, I viewed both yesterday, and the Kia Sportage really stood out to me, Size and practicality of the vehicle no lip in the boot, nice leg room in the rear seats the cockpit on both Renault and Kia felt premium ( definitely more than the golf)

Im booked in to test drive a Sportage tomorrow.

Any advice on which Engine/Hybrid is best to go for?

1. 1.6T GDi 157 48V ISG GT-Line S 5dr DCT
      2. 1.6T GDi 212 HEV GT-Line S 5dr Auto
      3. 1.6T GDi 212 HEV GT-Line S 5dr Auto AWD

And i’ve seen some comments on here about orders being MY25? what’s the difference?

My local Kia Dealer said end of April or latest end of June Factory Order.

TIA 🙂

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

I would go for HEV as will get better economy than the AWD HEV guess it depends where you live city or rural to whats best.

I believe MY25 has 212bhp and previous models had 230bhp.

There is a potential for PPF problems but less prone on the HEV’s and PHEV’s

coruro
        Participant

Thank @kezo – a bit of both I live in a village, use rural roads to get to other towns but also have A road dual tracks up to 70mph by me too! so I presume this I come under combination driving?

Thanks for the info about PPF.  Just took a look online, I was looking at a HEV.

Daffy
          Participant

What does “MY25” mean?

Markymate
            Participant

What does “MY25” mean?

Model Year, @Daffy

Markymate
              Participant

@coruro  I ordered the GT Line S HEV in January, dealer said 16 to 22 weeks, and this bears out on the KIA owners forum.  I’m 10 weeks in, so hoping to get my,  ‘in the production queue’ email in about 4 weeks.

If you can charge at home then the PHEV is the one you want, if like you can’t, then the HEV is perfect. I wouldn’t bother with the MHEV as it’s pointless and produced just to get around emissions.

Daffy
                Participant

What does “MY25” mean?

Model Year, @Daffy

thank you!

@Markymate

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Daffy.
                  DJP
                  Participant

As I have said many times before it’s not just Kia that are having ppf problems other manufacturers are

coruro
                    Participant

Thanks, everyone, my VW Golf order has been cancelled and deposit refunded, and I test drove the Sportage this morning and was really really pleased with it, in comparison to the VW Tiguan I previously had, it feels much more premium.

Looking at end of June delivery.

Markymate
                      Participant

@coruro.  You sound the same as me after my test drive!!    Even though mine is not even built yet, I’ve been watching the two DFDS RoRo’s going back and forwards between Cuxhaven and Immingham.  I really need to get out more LOL!

Which model did you go for?

tvs
                        Participant

Kia’s Sportage is a very popular, when we picked our EV6 up (End of Jan) was chatting to another mobility customer who was collecting his 3rd Sportage HEV GT Line S. He loved the car.  We also are so pleased with the quality and finish of ours as well.

Enjoy

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
                          2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
                          2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
                          2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

coruro
                          Participant

@markymate I went for the 212 HEV, they advised me it was much better value for money against the 48V, I test drove the 48V and was surprised with it responsiveness being as its a 150 like my current Kuga.

Greyhoundlady
                            Participant

We ordered ours in AUGUST 2023 and it still hasn’t gone into build yet 🙃

Lovely car but don’t be too excited.

No modifications or adaptions either, just a long wait with no end in sight.

coruro
                              Participant

@greyhoundlady – That’s a long time, have you spoken to your dealership? do you get monthly updates? I ask for an update monthly. I was quoted last month when looking at a PCP on Sportage and was told May/ June, by the same dealership but they didn’t know it was me when I ordered as I did this via Carwow online.

My dealership have said they have stock coming in end of the month and then the next is expected end of June.

I guess shipping could be a major factor currently.

I went to look at a Renault Austral and was told stock available if I wasn’t fussy and the same end of June/July for factory.

Markymate
                                Participant

Shipping is not the problem, both DFDS ferries are running to schedule and have been for 3 months, they even put on 3 extra sailings which were exclusively car only, not trailer freight.   I’m more inclined to think that KIA have just had so many orders for the Sportage, they don’t have any more capacity to build extra numbers.  From the numbers I’ve seen on the KIA owners forum it’s taking 12-17 weeks to get the queue for production email to 18-22 pick up.  And 90% of orders are GT Line S HEV models.

• This reply was modified 2 weeks, 3 days ago by Markymate.
                                  Robert88
                                  Participant

I ordered mine end of June arrived at end of February so 8 month wait and all through that time did not get 1 update only thing they could tell me is they won’t know until it actually lands with them and true to there word the first thing they could tell me was that’s car at dealership.

Greyhoundlady
                                    Participant

I wonder if it’s the colour maybe?

I have had a few updates and nothing positive.

The last one said it ‘should’ be going onto the production list end of April but who knows.

If it does it’ll be a delivery of at least August which is mad isn’t it really.

kezo
                                      Participant

There were problems last year at the docks and ships were diverted which added 3 weeks to get cars to Imminham however this has being solved now. Ontop of that there were transporter issues and still are to some extent.

Markymate
                                        Participant

I wonder if it’s the colour maybe? I have had a few updates and nothing positive. The last one said it ‘should’ be going onto the production list end of April but who knows. If it does it’ll be a delivery of at least August which is mad isn’t it really.[/quote

It’s more to do with left hand/right hand drive, and slots in the products line.

Good news is that if yours does go into production you should pick up end of May, beginning of June.

Robert88
                                          Participant

If you read the kia sportage forums most  of the private buyers are being given an average of 12 weeks delivery time by most dealerships I don’t know if that’s realistic or are private buyers getting preferential status.

tvs
                                            Participant

Went for the EV6 AWD (Besides being a great EV) as KIA UK had around 50 in the compound for immediate delivery back in January.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
                                              2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
                                              2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
                                              2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

tudor777
                                              Participant

@markymate I test drove the 48V and was surprised with it responsiveness being as its a 150 like my current Kuga.

When you say surprised at the responsiveness of the 48v, is that pleasantly or unpleasantly surprised? Often wondered what the performance of the 48v was like.

Markymate
                                                Participant

If you read the kia sportage forums most of the private buyers are being given an average of 12 weeks delivery time by most dealerships I don’t know if that’s realistic or are private buyers getting preferential status.

Pretty much shows on the Wibblers list on the KIA owners forum, that waiting times are around the 4 to 5 months, regardless of private or Motability customer.   People who have ordered in November, both Motability, and private, are now getting to pick up their Sportages.

From my own experience, the dealer said to expect a wait of 16-22 weeks, I’m 11 weeks in, so I’m hoping to get my, “In production queue”, email from KIA in the 3 to 6 weeks.

coruro
                                                  Participant

@tudor777 – pleasantly surprised at the responsiveness much better than my 1.5 150 ecoboost Kuga that’s for sure! drive was a lot smoother than my Kuga, which I could tell by getting back into the Kuga and driving the same roads as I did on the test! Major difference in comfort.

I guess only time will tell with the delivery.

@markymate
                                                    – yep! i’ve updated mine on the wibblers list too! and become a KIA forum member. I’d be happy with a July/August delivery! even better if it’s sooner, but its always best to presume worst case, at least any earlier it would be a nice surprise!

mickyarmy
                                                    Participant

I test drove kia sportage gt s hev petrol feb 2024 AWD. loved it placed order then feb,£3399 AP  red matalic   , cambridge kia emg ,dealer was exellent ,told me he expected get car end June 24, he said at time red is colour that comes quicker ?? Green ,blue grey  colour  etc takes longer ,prob as alot order that colour, as you all say its nice popular car,ive got my mercedes until it does arrive .

mickyarmy
                                                      Participant

My kia dealership told me delivery end June 2024 ?? & red colour is easier colour to get ?? He said it would be 2025 model that I will get ,not meaning it arrives 2025 lol, he said, only difference is rear airbags for rear passengers & projection headlights, I signed up to my order email ,but on a forum it was said those that had , not had updates ? I guess we just wait.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 34 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.