Kia opens order books for new Niro EV and confirms final UK prices and specs

• Creator
    Topic
  • #183312 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #183315 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Wow those prices are a joke for that car.

#183317 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Kia has tried to hard with this one.The rear quarter panel looks like a bolt on after thought, not flush with rear door only made worse if you choose it with a different colour quarter panel to rest of car. Its also expensive for what it is.

#183319 Reply
    MarkF

I prefer the front over the old one.  The price, for and EV, isn’t bad.  That rear quarter panel though, just looks wrong.

The old one has more space than the Kona, I was hoping that this would continue and the new one would be a real option but I couldn’t leave my front door at look at the back of that every morning.

#183335 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

Kia has tried to hard with this one.The rear quarter panel looks like a bolt on after thought, not flush with rear door only made worse if you choose it with a different colour quarter panel to rest of car. Its also expensive for what it is.

It is a bolt on, its part of the aero package to help with range efficency, there is a gap behind it from back windows to rear.

#183337 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

It is a bolt on, its part of the aero package to help with range efficency, there is a gap behind it from back windows to rear.

Not seen one yet @Rico but surely that will cause more drag than a relatively flat sided vehicle where air can more freely flow past rather than be restricted. It might help with down force in a similar way to a spoiler but its not exactly a quick car. I also wonder if it will whistle at high speeds LOL.

Like ?I say not seen one in the flesh yet but going by the images and reviews Ive seen my personal opinion is it looks weird, ugly and spoils the look of what could be a good car. But that’s only my opinion

#183382 Reply
    Rico
    Participant

I dont like it, if I was having one I would order black and get mat black vinyl to cover it 😛

#184397 Reply
    Ldc7080

I think it looks nice.  The white body and grey C pillar look modern

#184422 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Not seen one yet @Rico but surely that will cause more drag than a relatively flat sided vehicle where air can more freely flow past rather than be restricted. It might help with down force in a similar way to a spoiler but its not exactly a quick car. I also wonder if it will whistle at high speeds LOL.

Don’t underestimate aerodynamic weirdness. There could’ve been, for example, a vortex somewhere at the rear panel that this channel counters – reducing wind noise. I don’t think it’s for driving dynamics.

Channelled air flow can improve efficiency, BMW does it too – here for example.

My guess is that it’s to reduce the wake at the rear of the car as BMW states.

That all said, whether it does something or not, i do think it looks odd. It’s not a particularly pretty car. The interior is going to be nice (looks like a Sportage as far as i can tell), so that’s good – and the price isn’t particularly unreasonable too.

Since it’s highly likely that we’ll get it on the scheme too, it’s another decent EV option if you can see past the looks (i can’t, but looks are subjective).

Current: SEAT Ateca Xcellence Lux 1.5 TSI DSG MY19
    On Order: VW Golf GTE PHEV DSG MY22

#184462 Reply
    Effkay

looks like they already added it to the scheme: https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/offers/motability-scheme/full-price-guide/

Niro 3 1.6 GDi 1.56kWh lithium-ion 139bhp Auto: Civ AP £2,749.00 or WP AP ££1,586.00

#184491 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I had the May edition of LifeStyle drop on the doormat today and the new Niro is in there on page 23 under the “Coming Soon” banner.

#184494 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

looks like they already added it to the scheme: https://www.kia.com/uk/new-cars/offers/motability-scheme/full-price-guide/ Niro 3 1.6 GDi 1.56kWh lithium-ion 139bhp Auto: Civ AP £2,749.00 or WP AP ££1,586.00

I believe that is the current Niro not the new model

#185108 Reply
    ldc7080

i dont know where i heard this but in the newest Motability magazine it says “coming soon” dont know what derivatives we can expect between PHEV, BEV and ICE and models 2,3,4  hopefully APs wont be  £3000+ either

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Kia opens order books for new Niro EV and confirms final UK prices and specs
Your information: