Kia niro PHEV on scheme £699

This topic contains 12 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Brian 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #85906 Reply
    EVman

Has this come on today?

36miles on electric

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #85908 Reply
    EVman

Real world electric range 20miles and that is on a 30hp motor. 30hp? What must that be like? 😨

#85912 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Good spot!

#85918 Reply
    JamesG
    jamesg

If  you  had  looked on //// cars on scheme  today\\\\   thread    4  Kia  Nero  ?   Why  do i  bother !

#85923 Reply
    JS

James, like me the original poster probably looked at your thread first, then looked on motability car search to see if there was anything of interest, noticed Niro above the word Kia on the list (which is an indication its newly added) I too was unsure if its New or just readded. Asking the question on your thread would result in a bombardment of replies, messing up the flow of the informative thread so a new thread asking the question was always going to happen as we are a curios bunch and with over 600 motability users gettig a new car Everyday 7 days a week I’m sure you don’t want them all potentially directing questions at yourself lol.

#85925 Reply
    EVman

Exactly that J.S.

#85945 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Ah, the Niro is back, I test drove the outgoing Niro & my primary criticism was the foot operated handbrake…. the incoming model has an electronic handbrake.

If the APs are similar when it comes to ordering next April, I’ll very likely have a Niro.

Not sure if I’d go for the HEV or the PHEV, having only driven the HEV I’d be happy enough but I fancy the PHEV for when I drive into London (currently I spew diesel fumes in London with the Alhambra).

If the full eV Niro became available on the scheme I think we’d all be looking at one.

#85951 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

Real world electric range 20miles and that is on a 30hp motor. 30hp? What must that be like? 😨

The PHEV Niro has a 60hp motor

#85958 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

A full 60bhp, the G-forces must be incredible.

#85960 Reply
    SaintsMan

My wife’s Suzuki Celerio only has 63hp. 🙂

#85964 Reply
    philjb

60 bhp But the torque will be high so it’s still probably surprisingly spritely off the lights.

#85976 Reply
    gothitjulie
    Participant

125 lb.-ft. of torque from the electric motor alone, which isn’t a silly amount

Niro PHEV total max torque from the motor & engine 195 lb.-ft.  and 139hp

in comparison though my Cortina Mk1 1500 had 81 lb.ft @ 4600 rpm and 59hp

my current Alhambra has 251lb/ft. and 148hp from its 2.0tdi

#85985 Reply
    Brian

Had a look at one yesterday, such a shame that the boot is so small – it’s 3cm too short for my chair.

Didn’t think to check if the rear seats move forwards like the Venga though, but I haven’t seen anything to say they do.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: Kia niro PHEV on scheme £699

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: