Just filled the WAV up, but not completely

• Creator
    Topic
  • #167155 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

I’ve just been to Asda to fill up the WAV (VW Transporter conversion) I paid 142.7 for diesel. It stopped dispensing at £99 and would have taken more. My energy bills just increased by 25% overnight too.

Is it me or are things getting a little out of control?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #167156 Reply
    joss

A little out of control” A lot out of control me thinks and it is only going to get worse.

Christmas 2021 cancelled due to lack of Turkeys and toys. Lack of food stuffs. Can’t afford gas to cook Christmas dinner or have heating on. Can’t visit anyone due to the cost of fuel. Covid is on the rise again so wont be visiting anyone. Christmas gifts are in a container on a ship that can’t dock anywhere. So might get them in time for Christmas 2022! There is a distinct lack of loud bangs in the sky due to fireworks being on afore mentioned cargo ships. \0/ yah at least something positive at last.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#167157 Reply
    Tim

It all has to burst eventually, right?

#167158 Reply
    struth
    Participant

indeed prices not creeping up, but leaping… not that i fill up much and when i do its only under 20 notes, but it used to be about 14, now its about 17/8. about 140 a litre. roll on my electric; no doubt lekky prices will then double

#167159 Reply
    Markw
    Participant

Managed to get£70 of Derv into mine last week, it wasn’t completely empty and I didn’t fill it completely, just happy I don’t do much mileage these days.

Currently driving Seat Ateca 2.0 FR Sport TDI 190 DSG 4drive

#167160 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

I’ve just been to Asda to fill up the WAV (VW Transporter conversion) I paid 142.7 for diesel. It stopped dispensing at £99 and would have taken more. My energy bills just increased by 25% overnight too. Is it me or are things getting a little out of control?

And if all of that wasn’t enough, we’ve had two power cuts here today! Winter of discontent 2? 😂 One positive, when we used to have power cuts in the 70’s we had to scrabble around for candles in order to move around safely. As I’ve just discovered, lights on mobile phones are a far better substitute 😂

#167161 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Crazy, at the start of the pandemic, 99.9. My private pension rises in line with the RPI, 4.9% but almost all of that will be swallowed up in increased fuel and council tax. The tough times, and not just here in the UK, are a reality check for us all.

#167163 Reply
    Glos Guy
    Participant

Crazy, at the start of the pandemic, 99.9. My private pension rises in line with the RPI, 4.9% but almost all of that will be swallowed up in increased fuel and council tax. The tough times, and not just here in the UK, are a reality check for us all.

It could be even worse flippers. Many private pension schemes have RPI caps of around 2.5%.

#167166 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I think mine is 5%.

#167167 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

My heart bleeds for you fwippers, inflation for September came down to 3.1% so your “quids in”.

I like a conspiracy theory as much as the next guy so inflation in September is down from last month, i cant understand that but, of course, many government, and private pensions, rise on the value of Septembers inflation figures mmmmmm.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#167199 Reply
    Ditch

Just paid 140.9 for unleaded at sainsburys wtf is going on 🙈

#167201 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

What’s going on. Ditch, is that petrol prices are being affected by world oil prices, supply and demand within sectors of the oil processing industry and the energy markets in general.

#167202 Reply
    brydo

Ditch its rip off Britain at its best.

You are paying 5p a litre more than me and almost 10p a litre more than I paid pre fuel “shortage”.

The large supermarkets should be stepping in and reducing the fuel price after the £billios they’ve racked in as a result of the pandemic.

The oil rich countries could of course reverse this overnight by opening up the oil ” taps” and increasing their output, but that won’t suit them as they are making a fortune what’s the saying “make hay while the sun shines”.

#167203 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

#167204 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

I find it hard to understand your logic, Brydo.  Markets operate on supply and demand, whether it’s a supermarket or an OPEC oil producer.  Their primary responsibility is to their shareholders and investors.

Those same investors that provide everyone’s pensions, by the way…

#167205 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Seeing Andorra low down your list, wmc, reminds me of driving across the border many years ago to be met by the biggest petrol station I’d come across.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by Wigwam.
    #167207 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Unless we see a slight reversal in wholesale prices, we can expect in the next couple of weeks a rise of 3-5p per litre.

The global surge in gas prices was driving up the cost of diesel because heating oil “comes from the same part of the barrel” and – since it was an alternative for gas – had seen increased demand.

#167216 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

My local Sainsbury’s forecourt has huge queues again, as does the Asda forecourt opposite. Unleaded costs £1.34 p/l and diesel adds 10p more in Sainsbury’s. Asda is 0.7p less across the board.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#167217 Reply
    struth
    Participant

cheaper fuel maybe… probably spend as much driving there and back plus sitting in queue.  i had a mate thate drove 7 miles round trip to save a penny a litre, and he only put 5 or 10 quid in at a time.lol

#167218 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

cheaper fuel maybe… probably spend as much driving there and back plus sitting in queue. i had a mate thate drove 7 miles round trip to save a penny a litre, and he only put 5 or 10 quid in at a time.lol

Possibly. It probably doesn’t help that North London is in very close proximity to Watford. And haha 😆.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#167225 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

“I find it hard to understand your logic, Brydo. Markets operate on supply and demand, whether it’s a supermarket or an OPEC oil producer. Their primary responsibility is to their shareholders and investors.”

“Those same investors that provide everyone’s pensions, by the way…”

Wigwam supermarkets regularly drop fuel prices for reasons other than supply and demand. The optics of treating their customers well and in a fair manner are also high on their agenda.

Pricing oil is a bit of a dark art, too high and inflation goes up, which, in the medium to long term, stiffles demand which in turn lowers the demand for oil and therefore the price. High inflation will bankrupt many countries who are in massive debt and have taken the debt on with the hope of low interest rates High inflation means high interest rates and calamity for many, including our own countries, who are massively in debt.

Whats happening now is in no ones interest and is unsustainable in the medium term never mind the long term.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#167226 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

It’s all an internationally state sanctioned cash grab by the fossil fuel industry to generate profits and taxes from a sector that knows its days are numbered.

#167233 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

You think? Very little of oil production goes into road fuel.  There’ll always be a demand for oil.

#167235 Reply
    brydo

I could choose a number of countries as examples but let’s take the USA who are the biggest consumers of oil in the world, 44% of the oil they use goes to power their cars, so not an insignificant percentage.

#167239 Reply
    Rene

Probably not the right time to point out that our second GTE test drive netted 116mpg over 68 miles (albeit fully charged, and battery down to around 20% on arrival).

#167245 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Our XC40 has averaged 80.7mpg over its 2200 odd miles. Total spurious of course because it ignores the electricity used, but it’s comforting never the less.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 36 total)
Reply To: Just filled the WAV up, but not completely
Your information: