July 1 Predictions/Hopes

• Creator
    Topic
    MFillingham
    Participant

It’s June now, so I thought I’d post a wish in the somewhat optimistic hope that something can be done (as if they’ll listen to little old me).

Electric SUVs – last quarter both the Enyaq and Ariya dropped considerable in price and have added higher models either then or later.  This is a great model going forward.  If the Mustang Mach-E, Q4 and Ioniq 5 all follow suit then the offerings on the scheme will be spectacular.

If we can see some correlation between prices that’d be great.  The megane is £36 to £41k and has an AP up to £2450. The Enyaq  The Q4 is £49,915 and is 3 times as much.  The Mach E is £50,750 and is 3 times as much.  So that’s a retail price difference of £8-15k and the AP difference of over £5,000.  It doesn’t make sense if the Mach-e Select comes down to something around £5 -6.5k that leaves room above that for the longer range or the higher model.  Likewise those others currently representing themselves as far more ‘premium’ to Motability customers than retail and, presumably, other fleet and lease customers maybe need to rethink this strategy.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 17 replies - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Glos Guy
      Participant

I would expect new ICE or hybrid cars will be sold off at a cheap price within a year of the ban. I also imagine those not wanting an EV, haven’t categorically said no they don’t – rather more of the case they don’t want one right now or for foreseeable future! I’m afraid this constant drum beat goes unheard! ?

I agree that the date of the ban will move back at least 5 years (in the first instance – it may well move further subsequently) but I actually think that the opposite will happen with ICE car prices. I predict that new prices will hold steady as the ban draws nearer (as there will be less supply but the demand will still be there) and used ICE prices will actually rise. There are a number of reasons for this.

Whilst this forum has a disproportionately high number of people who are huge EV enthusiasts, those sourcing an EV through Motability don’t have the high acquisition costs to contend with, nor the cost of the home charger installation. Most also have the ability to charge at home. As manufacturers are now discovering, demand from private individuals who have to front all these costs themselves isn’t growing at anywhere near the rate that they anticipated – hence the price drops and reports of production slowing (see VW article provided earlier).

Also, keep in mind that also unlike Motability customers, the vast majority of people do not buy a brand new car. The average age of cars on U.K. roads is around 9 years old. These reasons alone will see the ICE car market remain robust for at least the next 15-20 years, and that’s before you start to consider the other issues, such as millions of peoples inability to charge at home, charging infrastructure concerns (it isn’t growing at the rate required), worries over replacement battery costs for second hand privately owned EVs etc etc etc

Leo

Hi all,

long shot here but does anyone have any insider knowledge on any changes at Mazda? Also does anyone know when the new Kodiaq will be back on the scheme, if at all?

Thanks

James

Sitting here waiting for the kia and hyundai updates only ones im interested in

Lord muc

Any updates on Alfa, decent spec tonale, would be nice.

MFillingham
              Participant

Sitting here waiting for the kia and hyundai updates only ones im interested in

Some are in.  EV6 added by KIA, Ioniq5 has increased trim levels.

Skoda has added the Enyaq Coupe.  Lexus has the UX.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

Glos Guy
                Participant
                  wmcforum
                  Which Mobility Car

Interesting:

kezo
                    Participant

Has anyone seeing Mazda’s AP’s particularly the CX-60

MFillingham
                      Participant

5995 – 7995

Mark

kezo
                        Participant

5995 – 7995

Thanks. Sound’s similar to q2 prices shame rally, back to the drawing board!

Participant

Just built a Renault Clio e tech hybrid in orange very nice nil payment and captor hybrid in highland grey just £495 happy days

Battlestar

No Kodiaq but doubt we will see it this year. Gone for the Peugeot 5008 GT.

Glos Guy
                              Participant

5995 – 7995

Thanks. Sound’s similar to q2 prices shame rally, back to the drawing board!

The devil is in the detail though Kezo. Prices are down around £1,500. Instead of £7,995 getting you the entry level Exclusive Line, it now gets you two trim levels higher to the top level Takumi model including Convenience Pack & Panoramic roof. Still a very steep AP, but that’s a car that’s over £50k, yet isn’t an EV and is a decent size (equivalent to BMW X3).

kezo
                                Participant

The devil is in the detail though Kezo. Prices are down around £1,500. Instead of £7,995 getting you the entry level Exclusive Line, it now gets you two trim levels higher to the top level Takumi model including Convenience Pack & Panoramic roof. Still a very steep AP, but that’s a car that’s over £50k, yet isn’t an EV and is a decent size (equivalent to BMW X3).

Indeed mate, however I not sure whether I want to pay £6-£8k on a car thats not mine and will need to seriously think about it 🙂

I’m not usually a Mazda fan, however I do like the cx-60, plus it has decent amount of power 0-60 5.8ss and 5.4 in off road/snow mode hich I like ?

Glos Guy
                                  Participant

Indeed mate, however I not sure whether I want to pay £6-£8k on a car thats not mine and will need to seriously think about it ? I’m not usually a Mazda fan, however I do like the cx-60, plus it has decent amount of power 0-60 5.8ss and 5.4 in off road/snow mode hich I like ?

I know exactly what you mean and feel the same. It’s about the largest SUV on the scheme and I’ve never owned a Mazda, nor yearned for one, but I’d take a look at it if we were renewing now. However, when added to the sacrificed benefits it’s one hell of an outlay and would go a long way towards getting something on the private market.

vinnym70
                                    Participant

CX-60 is definitely in with a chance for me, despite the high AP. But, something doesn’t sit right. Whilst the range topping Takumi is now on the scheme, Mazda’s website won’t allow you to configure one. The online brochure still mentions it though. That puts me off, wondering whether that trim has been pulled for some reason. and whether there are underlying supply issues for Mazda.

Oh, and no sign of Volvo, despite being at the show in Birmingham,

• This reply was modified 1 year ago by vinnym70.
                                      Glos Guy
                                      Participant

CX-60 is definitely in with a chance for me, despite the high AP. But, something doesn’t sit right. Whilst the range topping Takumi is now on the scheme, Mazda’s website won’t allow you to configure one. The online brochure still mentions it though. That puts me off, wondering whether that trim has been pulled for some reason. and whether there are underlying supply issues for Mazda. Oh, and no sign of Volvo, despite being at the show in Birmingham,

Yes, I noticed that the Takumi isn’t on the configurator but, having now read the detailed spec, I think I’d go for the Homura and save £800. The Takumi adds no extra kit, just trim and styling differences which, IMHO, aren’t as nice as the Homura.

Viewing 17 replies - 101 through 117 (of 117 total)
                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.