July 1 Predictions/Hopes

• Creator
    Topic
    MFillingham
    Participant

It’s June now, so I thought I’d post a wish in the somewhat optimistic hope that something can be done (as if they’ll listen to little old me).

Electric SUVs – last quarter both the Enyaq and Ariya dropped considerable in price and have added higher models either then or later.  This is a great model going forward.  If the Mustang Mach-E, Q4 and Ioniq 5 all follow suit then the offerings on the scheme will be spectacular.

If we can see some correlation between prices that’d be great.  The megane is £36 to £41k and has an AP up to £2450. The Enyaq  The Q4 is £49,915 and is 3 times as much.  The Mach E is £50,750 and is 3 times as much.  So that’s a retail price difference of £8-15k and the AP difference of over £5,000.  It doesn’t make sense if the Mach-e Select comes down to something around £5 -6.5k that leaves room above that for the longer range or the higher model.  Likewise those others currently representing themselves as far more ‘premium’ to Motability customers than retail and, presumably, other fleet and lease customers maybe need to rethink this strategy.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 117 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Lord muc

Bmw Gran coupe back on at ap of just short of £3700. Mad. Glad i extended for 2 years now.

Jack

Skoda have removed the Kodiaq and dropped the Enyaq prices a bit

Jack

wmcforum
            Which Mobility Car
              MFillingham
              Participant

A bit !?  All Enyaq under £3,000 including the bigger battery versions.  That leaves a huge price difference between them and the others, unless everyone is dropping by thousands.  The Ariya looks not cheap, even for all the kit in the Evolve.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

Glos Guy
                Participant

BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe also coming onto the scheme. Just the 1 spec. 218i M Sport. Auto and Manual £3700 AP

Parked next to a purple one the other day. Far too small for us, but looks fabulous in that colour.

Glos Guy
                  Participant

Do you have the rest of the BMW list by any chance?

Participant

BMW 2 Series Gran Coupe also coming onto the scheme. Just the 1 spec. 218i M Sport. Auto and Manual £3700 AP

Parked next to a purple one the other day. Far too small for us, but looks fabulous in that colour.

Had the 2 door version a few years ago, lovely car but lost it when they changed me over from DLA to PIP.

Car History:
                      Ford Fiesta
                      Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                      Mazda 3
                      BMW 2 Series Coupe
                      Mercedes A Class
                      Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
                      Renault Austral (On order)

Matty
                      Participant

Matty
                        Participant

RogerWilko

Those of you wanting £50k ICE cars in the scheme, dream on.

There is no resin why they should be on the scheme, the only reason EVs of that price are on is the current cost of EVs in the marketplace, as more EVs turn up that will drop.

ICE cars are done and any government based group will toe the line regardless of which party is in power as they all have bought into the 2030 cut off and so have the manufacturers.

Andy
                            Participant

The ID range now seems reasonable, once the new car payment of £750 is taken off. Hate the lack of proper  buttons and knobs in the interior though. Style over function.

Glos Guy
                              Participant

Those of you wanting £50k ICE cars in the scheme, dream on. There is no resin why they should be on the scheme, the only reason EVs of that price are on is the current cost of EVs in the marketplace, as more EVs turn up that will drop. ICE cars are done and any government based group will toe the line regardless of which party is in power as they all have bought into the 2030 cut off and so have the manufacturers.

I know that you bang this drum continuously, but ICE cars are far from done. The 2030 cut off will move during the next Parliament. No point in the current government getting the flack for extending it when they won’t be in power after next year. I’m not yet 60 and will easily be able to drive a petrol car, should I wish to, for the vast majority of my remaining driving life.

Glos Guy
                                Participant

Thanks. I’m guessing it’s just the 1 and 2 series then? Nice cars but way too small for many of us, sadly.

MFillingham
                                  Participant

The ID range now seems reasonable, once the new car payment of £750 is taken off. Hate the lack of proper buttons and knobs in the interior though. Style over function.

The way it’s looking there’s great value in the IDs and the Enyaqs.  The latter has physical buttons too.

Tomorrow’s going to be an interesting day.

Mark

kezo
                                    Participant

Those of you wanting £50k ICE cars in the scheme, dream on. There is no resin why they should be on the scheme, the only reason EVs of that price are on is the current cost of EVs in the marketplace, as more EVs turn up that will drop. ICE cars are done and any government based group will toe the line regardless of which party is in power as they all have bought into the 2030 cut off and so have the manufacturers.

I know that you bang this drum continuously, but ICE cars are far from done. The 2030 cut off will move during the next Parliament. No point in the current government getting the flack for extending it when they won’t be in power after next year. I’m not yet 60 and will easily be able to drive a petrol car, should I wish to, for the vast majority of my remaining driving life.

Given the EU have pushed back the sale of  “new”ICE cars from 2030 to 2035. The UK will have little choice but, to follow give the the majority of cars we buy come from the EU regardless of what the current goverment say’s.

The governments ideaology of fining manufacturers with hefty fines from 2024 increasing yearly upto 2030 if they don’t sell enough EV’s or aren’t able to buy carbon credits from a manufacurer is suicidal, as UK car manufacturers will relocate to the EU rather than risk hefty fines. Its also probably a ploy to get more EV’s on the road before 2030 as the government know they will have little choice but push back the date here to.

Not everyone wants an EV or is tied to scheme and free to walk away at any time. I would  expect new ICE or hybrid cars will be sold of at a cheap price within a year of the ban. I also imagine those not wanting an EV, haven’t catagorically said no they don’t – rather more of the case they don’t want one right now or for forseeable future! I’m affraid this constant drum beat goes unheard! ?

MFillingham
                                      Participant

New Renault pricing
                                        Clio starting from £0 AP
                                        Captur starting fro £0 AP
                                        Arkana starting from £1495 AP
                                        Zoe starting from £0 AP
                                        Megane E-Tech starting from £995 AP
                                        Austral starting from £2995 AP

Mark

kezo
                                        Participant

New Renault pricing Clio starting from £0 AP Captur starting fro £0 AP Arkana starting from £1495 AP Zoe starting from £0 AP Megane E-Tech starting from £995 AP Austral starting from £2995 AP

What trim of the Megane starts at £995 out of interest 🙂

Participant

New Renault pricing Clio starting from £0 AP Captur starting fro £0 AP Arkana starting from £1495 AP Zoe starting from £0 AP Megane E-Tech starting from £995 AP Austral starting from £2995 AP

What trim of the Megane starts at £995 out of interest ?

Kezo it’s the megane e tech techno a blooming bargain

Participant

Toyota full Q3 list on Toyota website Yaris cross from £1095 fantastic news high up to get in etc it’s made my day

Andy
                                              Participant

What trim of the Megane starts at £995 out of interest ?

Kezo it’s the megane e tech techno a blooming bargain

That does look like a real bargain! Nice to see the scheme settling down a bit with these AP’s.

Rico
                                                Participant
                                                  Berty

The Megane Iconic has jumped to £1995

The Techno is £995

paul helliwell

techno £995

Iconic £1995

Participant

Techno everything you need looks fantastic in ceramic grey absolute bargain at £995 as is MG4 long range

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 117 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.