July 1 Predictions/Hopes

• Creator
    Topic
    MFillingham
    Participant

It’s June now, so I thought I’d post a wish in the somewhat optimistic hope that something can be done (as if they’ll listen to little old me).

Electric SUVs – last quarter both the Enyaq and Ariya dropped considerable in price and have added higher models either then or later.  This is a great model going forward.  If the Mustang Mach-E, Q4 and Ioniq 5 all follow suit then the offerings on the scheme will be spectacular.

If we can see some correlation between prices that’d be great.  The megane is £36 to £41k and has an AP up to £2450. The Enyaq  The Q4 is £49,915 and is 3 times as much.  The Mach E is £50,750 and is 3 times as much.  So that’s a retail price difference of £8-15k and the AP difference of over £5,000.  It doesn’t make sense if the Mach-e Select comes down to something around £5 -6.5k that leaves room above that for the longer range or the higher model.  Likewise those others currently representing themselves as far more ‘premium’ to Motability customers than retail and, presumably, other fleet and lease customers maybe need to rethink this strategy.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
      I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 117 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

As always, it depends on their sales, if they can shift loads of units to company car drivers they won’t bother with decent discounts or Motability pushing for a deal.

Despite us wincing at a 6k AP, the Ariya 63Kw Advance, for example, would be £17k over 3 years on Motability, Select Car Leasing does the same car with maintenance/tyres/road tax/breakdown and 10,000 miles would be £26k.

Let’s look at some more Select “bargains” with 10k miles and full maintenance included over 3 years…

The Mach-E Select 70kw is £26,500

The Ioniq 5 77kw Premium is £28,850

The Enyaq 82kw Loft with clever pack & transport pack is £30,371

The Megane Iconic is £21,462 – clearly a Motability bargain at £12,370

And, for comparison, a Kuga Vignale FHEV, £24837 – so not a lot different really for the same medium SUV class, especially as its on special offer due to it being replaced soon.

I know Motability gives 20,000 miles, but 10,000 is above the average mileage most of us do (well, not  me, I am over that by some way).

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Phaedra
        Participant

The Kuga Vignale FHEV is almost half the leasing cost at £13,021.

£11,076 PIP and £1945 AP (£2695 – £750 New Car Payment).  And of course there’s the GCB I’ll receive back 🙂

I had a grwat deal when I leased my Yeti back in 2017 but nowadays there’s nothing to lease that I can fit in that would be anywhere near what I’ll pay using Motability.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Jojoe
          Participant

I’d like to see the Model 3 Tesla. The price for new inventory stock is now £38,790. Price wise I can’t see a problem, I think the only reason they are not on the scheme is because Tesla rely heavily on online sales, maybe Motability don’t think the dealer network suits their model.

Participant

Well although I’m only two and a bit months into a new lease, on behalf of everyone else I’ll wish for increased choice and decreased prices. Simples!

Tommy

I’m hoping the Ford galaxy or the vw sharan will come back on

Macca
                Participant

1. X Trail in Tekna spec woiuld be welcome

2. I’d love to see Subaru rejoin the scheme and offer a good range of models and specs for sensible money.

3. The Volvo XC60 shows its face

4. Oh and the rank outsider, …. the BMW X3 back on the scheme would be incredible, …. but lets face it, there’s more chance of Betamax making a comeback ?

MFillingham
                  Participant

Volvo could well return after their almost glancing appearance a few weeks ago.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

Ad1

The new Volvo EX30 would be a welcome edition. But I expect the XC40 and C40 are more likely to return given these are older models now.

Stevie

I’ve only got one wish after seeing the new Volvo ex30 it’s miles ahead of  anything in it’s price bracket I suppose I can dream

crippleddad
                        Participant

Less of these horrific MPV/SUV Frankenstein things that are flooding the Motability scheme.

Participant

I’d like my PIP renewal decision lol. Then i can cancel this Astra that’s never getting built.

Still not interested in electric cars but if that new Volvo appeared on the scheme i’d seriously consider it.

Car History:
                            Ford Fiesta
                            Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                            Mazda 3
                            BMW 2 Series Coupe
                            Mercedes A Class
                            Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Lease ended early)
                            Renault Austral (On order)

Participant

BMW 2 series Coupe ?

Bit ostentatious maybe ?

Jamie

Some 4 wheel drive options!

Tommy

My hopes are, ford galaxy, vw sharan, kodiaq and tiguan in diesel format

Chris

My wish is for a Cupra formentor with a “reasonable” AP. I would come out of my extended lease for that

Ferrari 296GTB???   🙂

Or failing that, I’d love to see the Volvo XC60 back.

RogerWilko

I.d. Buzz, Skoda Enyaq Sportline, or failing that Enyaqs with the spec packages,  Kia EV6, Tesla model Y

Berty

The 2023 Toyota Prius looks absolutely gorgeous.

The 2023 models are all good.  As mentioned, Volvo back on the scheme would be nice.

Maybe even Tesla getting rid of its old stock Model 3’s…..nah Musk wont let that happen.

More imnportantly the AP coming DOWN and  FAST DELIVERY would be a good thing….again we can olny dream..

MFillingham
                                          Participant

Tesla are going unlikely to make the scheme for a number of reasons, the insurance groups are very high which increases costs to MB and the dealer network is sparse.

APs are dropping but new cars are being added (especially EVs) right at the highest budget offered.

Mark

Mossfinn
                                            Participant

I’m only 6 months into my latest car so only passing interest but I have no desire for EV and would like to see manufacturers release more ice models onto the list. The first MB car I got was in 2015, a Volvo XC60 R Design and got that because the all new model was arriving in a couple of months. Similarly, my latest is the Mazda CX5 in January at a very good AP because of the new Hybrid versions arriving.
                                              When I’m due to upgrade, hope other cars are being dumped onto the list!!

Oscarmax
                                              Participant

The Kuga Vignale FHEV is almost half the leasing cost at £13,021. £11,076 PIP and £1945 AP (£2695 – £750 New Car Payment). And of course there’s the GCB I’ll receive back ? I had a grwat deal when I leased my Yeti back in 2017 but nowadays there’s nothing to lease that I can fit in that would be anywhere near what I’ll pay using Motability.

You never know the AP may drop on the Kuga FHEV/PHEV?

Phaedra
                                                Participant

It would be nice if it did but after the £800 drop last quarter who knows?

As long as mine arrives with Sync4 as promised I’ll be happy 🙂

I know a couple of Kuga owners with the Sync3 and smaller screen and they’re not happy with it.  One changed to a new Focus ST Line X with Sync4 and he says it’s a massive improvement.

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

Phaedra
                                                  Participant

Stupid Edit function! why can’t we have longer?  Some of us have wonky brains that take longer to work!!!

Anyway, What I was going to add is that I’ve emailed Ford UK and asked them to confirm Synce4 will be fitted.  Not bothered about the light bar above the grill or other cosmetic tweaks.

wmcforum
                                                    Which Mobility Car

Stupid Edit function! why can’t we have longer? Some of us have wonky brains that take longer to work!!!

I will look into this, I was not even aware there is a time limit!

Oscarmax
                                                      Participant

Had SYNC 3 on our last Ford Kuga useless it could not find our house at at one stage did not the M1 motorway. I used my reliable Garmin, hopefully SYNC 4 will be less useless.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 117 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.