Joss's BMW X2 Topic

• Creator
    Topic
  • #80683 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Having just picked up my new motability Car yesterday. The BMW X2 Sport 2.0i S drive Auto Petrol. I thought I would do a topic on the car.

So I have chosen the The BMW X2 Sport 2.0i S drive Auto Petrol. Plus Extras. The Sport pack. In Mineral White metallic.

I first ordered the car February 2019 and picked it on the 22nd of June 2019. Yes it took a little longer than expected. This was mainly due to a shortage of Engines. ( BMW are a Just in time car maker. ) as such there is no stock pile of cars sat waiting to ship. This is not a bad thing IMHO, as it means your car has not been sat in a muddy field for months waiting to be ordered.

Rear

The dealership was Stratstones BMW Doncaster. The hand over of my previous motability car and paper work for the BMW went very smoothly. In all, it took less than an hour before I drove away.

I was quite surprised when the staff took me to my new car. It was not outside in the car park, but inside the showroom. It was all covered up and then revealed with a swish of the black cover. Hey presto! one beautiful white BMW X 2.

It was all a bit surreal. All that was missing was Procol Harum’s a White shade of pale playing in the back ground.

We skipped the light fandango. Turned cartwheels ‘cross the floor ( I wish) I was feeling kind a seasick
    But the crowd called out for more. You get the picture by now, Right?
    So once the cartwheels were done I sat in the car. Wow!  wait. This nothing like the X2 I test drove. It was so much more. Full digital dash and display. Ambient lighting. The sports steering wheel and centre consol were all so much better looking than the test car.  I was well chuffed to say the least.
    So there she stood on her 19 inch stilettos oops Alloys. Truly a site to behold. So select drive and off I go with a rather silly grin on my face.

front

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by joss. Reason: new image
    • This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by wmcforum.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's
    "It is a great ability to be able to conceal one's ability."

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #104423 Reply
    Mark C

@joss,

How you still getting on with the X2?? Just ordered mine from Scunthorpe, 20i sport Xdrive in metallic black, black alloys, hopefully here end of April…..

Mark 👍

#104460 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Still loving the car Mark, if not the fuel consumption. That’s short local town driving for you though. Is your X2 petrol or Diesel? Mine is Petrol.

Mine is front wheel drive. yours is rear wheel I think.

I took the sports pack on mine for the 19″ alloys and sport seats plus ambient lighting etc.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#104462 Reply
    Mark C
    Participant

Joss,

Petrol….., Xdrive is some sort of intelligent all wheel drive system distributing torque where needed as so not to lose traction (or thats what I think it is, lol). Went for heated seats and roof rails, as so I can get the roof box on when needed comes with sport seats and ambient lighting, limo tint the back windows on arrival at the dealership.

#104463 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Yes Mark sport seats did come as standard. My bad. They are real nice cars to drive, I am sure that you will enjoy it very much.

Is it auto Mark?  So smooth gear changes I have to say.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#104465 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

The 7 speed Getrag DCT box in the transverse engined BMWs and Minis  is the best thing since sliced bread.

I’ve driven a new Audi with the similar Audi/VW gearbox and while it was good, it didn’t compare.  BMW have spoilt me for any other auto box.

#104472 Reply
    Mark C

Joss,

yes, Auto, can’t wait to collect it….got a bargain too with £0 AP 😁

#104521 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Brill. I am pleased for you that you got a good deal on the zero AP

How did you wangle that?

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#104558 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

£0 AP? Now that’s a bargain. 👏👏

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#104560 Reply
    davjg

Mark C

We are all very pleased you managed to get Nil AP on the car, I am ordering an BMW X1 in 3 weeks.

Soooooooooooo, how did you manage to do it?

Best I can do is free Sun Protection Glass.

#104569 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Come on Mark C, Share the love on how you got zero AP.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#104577 Reply
    TomThumb
    Participant

I’m in the position of a car change in July, so order in March.

Been doing my homework & have seen the BMW lineup at the local stealers, The X1 dose have a slight edge in size over the X2 but both are top of my list. I’m in the position that the wife has recently been awarded the higher rate mobility so also have the option of placing an order at anytime for the right deal,

So I’m also interested in Mark C’s approach.

Fantastic deal btw Mark.

Tom…

#104578 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

i think it was the marshalls deal earlier this month 0 ap on all bmw’s it was on for like 48hrs, someone got an i3s with an ap of £2999 normally for 0 ap. i hesitated and missed it lol.

although the test drives i did the countryman was easier on my back so i am happy with my £500 discount.

#104590 Reply
    Mark C
    Participant

Hi,

Yes as @mitch says, Marshalls were doing the deal a few weeks ago…..

#104604 Reply
    Lord Muc

The 0 AP was a flash offer at marshalls, you had to be quick. It was on for a day. To shift cars. Rob got his i3s from hampshire.

#106599 Reply
    joss
    Participant

BMW X2 (F39) 2018+ choice of LDPE boot liner rubber load mat bumper protector

Just ordered the above for my X2 should any other X2 owners be on the look out for one.

Here’s the link  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/382848047210

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#106606 Reply
    Elly

Lovely car and I love white cars! Wishing you many miles of safe and happy driving 😁

#106610 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Lovely car and I love white cars! Wishing you many miles of safe and happy driving 😁

Thanks Elly. The colour is a metallic Alpine white. It looks white until you park against an other white car, then, you really see the difference.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#106627 Reply
    Noel

What MPG are you getting these days @joss ? We have the countryman with the same engine and gearbox, and I’ve never driven over 10 miles in one go yet so can’t get a true reflection

#106631 Reply
    joss
    Participant

Hi Noel

On short runs and town driving I am averaging 31.5 mph in eco pro mode. On motor ways I have achieved 42 mph.

Whilst some would say a tad thirsty, including myself initially. I find on reflection it isn’t that bad compared to other similar type SUV’s

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#106635 Reply
    Landyman

I hope you meant MPG joss and you wasn’t travelling down the motorway at 42mph.

I don’t know if I could stand 31 mpg it’s a big difference between my own mpg which is average 45.5 and the best I have ever seen was 56.3 in my X1 2.0d Xdrive.

#106642 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Like the boot liner, got mine last week (I’ve had one for every car in the last 15 years) for the bargain price of £42, had to wait 3 days to come from Poland but it’s very good.

I seem to remember you asking about front parking sensors in another thread but I’m crap and can’t find it just now (I’m rubbish on a morning). Dolphin do the front sensors and depending on the type and car some can be fully integrated into the car systems to work the same as the factory fit jobbies and they do home fitting.

#106644 Reply
    Noel

thanks Joss,

round the doors ours is doing about 35-36 and thats with driving it quite hard, once the weather breaks and I’ve added some more miles it might even go up a little.

#106648 Reply
    joss
    Participant

@Landyman of course it should read MPG but it was early and I don’t function well at that time. I am sure on longer motorways drives it would return more than the 42mpg which was over 20 miles.

@vinalspin
      the boot liner was £30 quid from fleabay. Regarding the front sensors I have a very talented Auto electrician pal who does all my electrical stuff on cars. So I will be having a chat with him in the week.

@Noel
    No problems. The clubman is a lot smaller than the X2 so would expect better MPG.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#106650 Reply
    BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Joss, I have a similar boot liner in my X1 and think it was the same price. I would not be without one. When I hand my car back I want it to be as clean and tidy as the day I picked it up, or as close as possible. It’ll certainly be shinier! 😂

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#116046 Reply
    joss
    Participant

<p style=”text-align: center;”>BMW X2  Harman Kardon surround sound system
    A rebel leading the way: The intricate sound and rich volume of the Harman Kardon surround sound system is miles ahead of the competition: with twelve high-performance speakers in the adventurous, all-new BMW X2, it automatically ensures a wide sound stage for every passenger, regardless of where they are sitting in the car. The two central bass woofers underneath the front seats also ensure a punchy and tremendous bassline. And if that’s not enough, the sound can be amplified with a maximum output of 360 watts.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: center;”>https://www.harmankardon.co.uk/bmw.html</p&gt;
    HIGHLIGHTS

12 speakers
    360 watts Amplifier Power
    Class-D Technology

System overview

BMW X2 Sport sound system
    1. 5 ×26 mm metal-matrix dome tweeters (front and rear)

2. 2× 217 mm woofers central bass (below the front seats)

3.  5 ×100 mm ALumaprene midrange speakers (front and rear)

4. Harman Kardon Logic 7® DSP amplifier with a total output of 360 watts

Harman Kardon
    cutting edge technologies
    At Harman Kardon, we strongly believe in first-class quality music reproduction. Music must always preserve its character and nature. Music is meant to be a full and rich emotional experience. That attitude determines how we see and use technology. For Harman Kardon, technology has one purpose and one purpose only – to serve the music!

Auravox
    AuraVox is a software-based equalizing system for the most challenging of sonic environments – the car interior. AuraVox is breaking new ground in perfect in-car sound coordination, permitting a level of computer-based adjustment. With AuraVox applied, speakers will unleash their full potential, sound systems will create a clean, distortion-free sonic spectacle when on the road. A generous but realistic soundstage – for every listening position.

Logic 7®
    Sometimes, more is actually more. Discrete Logic 7 offers superior surround sound from discrete, high-resolution 5.1 sources and even stereo recordings. Discrete Logic 7 manages the immense wealth of audio signals and distributes them across the entire system architecture. The result is an impressive 360° sound spectrum at any location in the vehicle. Turn on your audio system and the perfect sound is right there. No need to adjust the controls for your individual listening position.

Stunning sound system that came as a part of the X2 Sports package.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 80 total)
Reply To: Joss's BMW X2 Topic
Your information: