Joss's BMW X2 Topic

This topic contains 50 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Philjb 3 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #80683 Reply

joss
    Participant

Having just picked up my new motability Car yesterday. The BMW X2 Sport 2.0i S drive Auto Petrol. I thought I would do a topic on the car.

So I have chosen the The BMW X2 Sport 2.0i S drive Auto Petrol. Plus Extras. The Sport pack. In Mineral White metallic.

I first ordered the car February 2019 and picked it on the 22nd of June 2019. Yes it took a little longer than expected. This was mainly due to a shortage of Engines. ( BMW are a Just in time car maker. ) as such there is no stock pile of cars sat waiting to ship. This is not a bad thing IMHO, as it means your car has not been sat in a muddy field for months waiting to be ordered.

Rear

The dealership was Stratstones BMW Doncaster. The hand over of my previous motability car and paper work for the BMW went very smoothly. In all, it took less than an hour before I drove away.

I was quite surprised when the staff took me to my new car. It was not outside in the car park, but inside the showroom. It was all covered up and then revealed with a swish of the black cover. Hey presto! one beautiful white BMW X 2.

It was all a bit surreal. All that was missing was Procol Harum’s a White shade of pale playing in the back ground.

We skipped the light fandango. Turned cartwheels ‘cross the floor ( I wish) I was feeling kind a seasick
    But the crowd called out for more. You get the picture by now, Right?
    So once the cartwheels were done I sat in the car. Wow!  wait. This nothing like the X2 I test drove. It was so much more. Full digital dash and display. Ambient lighting. The sports steering wheel and centre consol were all so much better looking than the test car.  I was well chuffed to say the least.
    So there she stood on her 19 inch stilettos oops Alloys. Truly a site to behold. So select drive and off I go with a rather silly grin on my face.

front

• This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  joss. Reason: new image
    • This topic was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  wmcforum.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0 Sport sDrive Auto 2019
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #80714 Reply

wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Sorry @joss, the spam filter must have something against BMW’s.

#80716 Reply

joss
    Participant

Many thanks wmc

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80718 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Joss what a choice looks fantastic all it needs now is a couple of hundred miles journey, motorway and country lane, to get a real feel for it.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#80757 Reply

Dutchy

hi there,

Lovely car! I’m after the very same, always had diesels but don’t do enough mileage now.

Can you let us know what mpg you get as I’ve read some ridiculously low figures for urban short journeys which is what I’ll be doing.

Enjoy your new car, does look amazing

#80759 Reply

Jason

Hi Joss

Can I ask is there reasonable boot space, enough for a non folding chair?? We are due to change soon and was thinking of looking at one of these but looks a lot smaller than the Merc C class estate we currently have.

Looks a lovely car …enjoy ?

#80763 Reply

SaintsMan

Enjoy it Joss. Slide the gearshift over to sport, put the performance control to sport and put your foot down. Then listen to the turbo waste gates when you brake hard. Drinks a fair bit of fuel in this configuration but it’s fun to do every now and then.

#80771 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looks gorgeous

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#80780 Reply

jamesg

Looks  great  and  white shows it of   good  enjoy

#80802 Reply

joss
    Participant

@Dutchy Sure thing, I will be updating this thread as time goes on with mileage etc. My last car was a diesel.

@Jason. You might be better off looking towards the X1 reason being the X2 is more a coupe style. As such it is a lot lower on the roof line than the X1. I will take a few pics of the boot area for you Jason so you can see for your self.

x2 boot

The floor can fold back and gives you a really deep space I forgot about. see next pic.

boot 2

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  joss. Reason: added new image

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80805 Reply

Mike

I just had test drive with 2.0d they had no petrol didn’t impressed me with the performance.. is the petrol better and sound sporty? Thanks

#80807 Reply

Trev

Love the sexy, sporty white Joss – fantastic looking car, hope you have many enjoyable miles in her.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#80814 Reply

Carmad
    Participant

Lovely looking car, Joss.  I hope you enjoy many safe journeys ahead.

#80822 Reply

joss
    Participant

@mike.

I test drove the 2.0d as well but not enough to put it through its pace. I can say the the petrol 2.0i is a beast especially in sport mode. Its so quite after having a diesel. So before you know it you flying. I will get a good few miles on it before going for a thrash. But for now, I am very impressed with the performance.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80824 Reply

Dutchy

cheers Joss.

What made you change from diesel to petrol out of interest?

#80825 Reply

SaintsMan

I would assume he went for petrol since there are no diesels on the scheme.

#80828 Reply

mitch
    Participant

another car that looks good in white.

i have always avoided white but more and more i am being tempted for next time.

the i3, ds3 crossback,jeep renegade,mini countryman or the jimny if it comes on the scheme thats the shortlist so far lol.

#80836 Reply

joss
    Participant

cheers Joss. What made you change from diesel to petrol out of interest?

Mainly because I no long do the long runs that the diesel excelled at. I do know the x2 is going to be slurping more juice but I am not to worried about that. I don’t smoke or drink so got to spend cash some where lol.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80837 Reply

joss
    Participant

another car that looks good in white. i have always avoided white but more and more i am being tempted for next time. the i3, ds3 crossback,jeep renegade,mini countryman or the jimny if it comes on the scheme thats the shortlist so far lol.

The white is called mineral white and is a metallic. I did really want that nice light blue but not on offer so chose the white.

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80838 Reply

Winston
    Participant

Congrats on the new car! It looks really nice ?

Can you post a few pics of the interior including the dash etc in all its glory and it’s headlights if possible?

No rush lol

#80842 Reply

Confusicated
    Participant

Jason

Re. space for a wheelchair. Height can be the problem, especially if you have a hoist. The X1 has 73.9cm clearance, the X2 just 67.2cm

I find the RIDC site really useful… https://www.ridc.org.uk/content/car-search?nid=19589

Current Motability car: Ford Kuga Vignale 1.5 petrol auto AWD. AP £2,395 + £199 for 4-way 80kg hoist.

Previous Mota cars:
    2013-16 Ford Focus estate petrol auto. AP £95. No adaptations.
    2016-19 Vauxhal Zafira 1.4T petrol SE Auto. AP £795 inc. basic hoist.

#80844 Reply

joss
    Participant

Congrats on the new car! It looks really nice  Can you post a few pics of the interior including the dash etc in all its glory and it’s headlights if possible? No rush lol

No problem Winston. Probably be tomorrow as its pishing it down here and looks like its for the day.passenger side interior

here’s a few but not very good.

Winston you need to get rid of that smiley thing, or is caused by something else ?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 3 weeks ago by  joss. Reason: added new image

Joss
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#80873 Reply

vinnym70

Still amazes me how few X2s are on the road. Great choice. I think it’s a lovely car.

#80898 Reply

solent60
    Participant

Nice looking car on the outside. No doubt that interior is quality (being a BMW), but I wish the designers would improve the somewhat dull and uninspiring cabin which, in my view, is long overdue for a serious redesign.

#80907 Reply

Dutchy

I think that’ll come shortly in the new 1 series to compete with MBenz. Bmw have always been on the meagre side with the bells & whistles.

Joss, is it to early to get an idea on the fuel consumption yet?

hope it’s driving well

#80908 Reply

BionicRusty (Wayne)
    Participant

Congratulations Joss.

She looks gorgeous. I hope that you enjoy.

I have an X1 and, after 1 & 1/2 years am still loving it.

Entry/Exit is hugely important to me and the X1 fits the bill perfectly.

Happy Travels ?

? I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 50 total)
Reply To: Joss's BMW X2 Topic

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: