JLR and Motability scheme

This topic contains 82 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  SaintsMan 3 weeks, 3 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #49955 Reply

AlanA

As I gave Dr Seth’s email, I contacted JLR about them rejoining the Motability scheme.

the answer is disappointing, but seems to lay the problem on Motability.

the response from JLR was this:

“Thank you for your letter addressed to Dr Speth dated 1st May 2018, in reference to request for Jaguar Land Rover to revisit joining the Mobility scheme.

Given my responsibilities within the Executive Office, Dr Speth has asked me to respond on his behalf.

Jaguar Land Rover were informed by the charity Mobility, that contracts to Motability Operations, who manage the scheme, that the eligibility parameters around the cars on the scheme would be changed. The new guidelines on vehicles now exclude Jaguar Land Rover products, unfortunately we have not received any further information to this.

Please allow me to confirm that Jaguar Land Rover can only apologise for the disappointment caused by the decision taken by Mobility. As you can appreciate such decisions are outside of the control of Jaguar Land Rover and it is with regret we are unable to influence any further changes.”

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #91330 Reply

Russ

Ordered Seat Ateca FR Sport 2.0d auto 4 drive, only to be told after 3 months delay that when car arrived they have ordered incorrect model, what can be done and can I seek compensation

#91338 Reply

Macca

I can totally see why you’ve ordered the spec that you have. If we were to opt for an Ateca, we’d choose the same, for me the other specs don’t look anywhere near as good.

You must think the same otherwise you’d have ordered a different spec to begin with. Stick to your guns and put the problem back in the dealers lap. They will absolutely want you to accept what has been delivered but if its not what you want then you’ll likely spend 3 years regretting it if you take the wrong spec.

Speak to motability about it. If you’re in a motability car now, they’ll likely just extend it while the dealer gets it right.

#95949 Reply

Mason smith

Mercedes have some great cars on the mobility scheme to suit everybody’s needs and there also luxurious and elegant and also bmw

#95953 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

Mercedes don’t have a single car on the scheme that will fit an average sized powerchair or larger scooter, neither do BMW.

#95957 Reply

SaintsMan

@vinalspin

My Pride jazzy select 6 power chair is sitting in the back of my BMW Gran Tourer as I write this, oh, and the second row seats are up. It also fits into a BMW X1 sideways.

#95975 Reply

vinalspin
    Participant

My puma 20 powerchair would not fit in the back of an x1 or grand tourer, not enough height to clear and my 8mph scooter wouldn’t fit without the 2nd row seats folding.

#95998 Reply

SaintsMan

But you said BMW didn’t have a car on the scheme that would fit an average sized power chair.

What you meant to say was yours didn’t fit. There is a difference.

Viewing 7 replies - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
Reply To: JLR and Motability scheme

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: