Jazz & Jazz Crosstar Hybrid

This topic contains 29 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Bandit 3 weeks, 5 days ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #117777 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

Has anyone had the chance of driving either of these? With the 1.5 hybrid i-mmd?

It could be a CVT that actually ticks the boxes when it’s in conjunction with their direct drive thingamabobs. Malaysia already has the HR-V version as well, I’d certainly like to see that on the scheme.

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #117866 Reply

Clipped wings

Hi,

I believe it is a smaller version of the CRV Hybrid drivetrain so no CVT. The engine drives a generator when required that both charges the small battery and powers the primary drive which is an electric motor. At higher speeds the engine can become the primary drive using a single Speed drive. There are no gears, only an automatic clutch. Clever and seamless to the driver.

#117879 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes this looks very interesting and I would think very economical ?

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#118068 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

Hi, I believe it is a smaller version of the CRV Hybrid drivetrain so no CVT. The engine drives a generator when required that both charges the small battery and powers the primary drive which is an electric motor. At higher speeds the engine can become the primary drive using a single Speed drive. There are no gears, only an automatic clutch. Clever and seamless to the driver.

You’re absolutely right, but they’re still calling it ecvt on the site. Probably running out of initials! Lol. Certainly looks interesting though on got crv and jazz, hence interested if anyone has tried it yet?

#118069 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Any road tests online ? Starts at £199 very well equipped

#118070 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m sure it’s got keyless sat nav etc

#118098 Reply

Shaine

Not sure if this works? Jazz crosstar review by auto bears.

#118116 Reply

Bandit
    Participant

Yes, most I found on the toob tended to be by Honda dealer employees and thus were rather, unsurprisingly, positive. As a 2020 car I think public reviews are somewhat delayed, understandably, by the impact of you know what!

#118120 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

https://www.whatcar.com/honda/jazz/hatchback/review/n17343

Looks good to me in mid trim, got everything you would want in a compact size.

Can’t seem point of Crosstar and it has a smaller boot.

#118160 Reply

Gordon

Bassets Honda in Swansea and Bridgend are offering £500 off the deposit of an Honda. Makes the £499 version nothing to pay. I’m in the north of Scotland sadly too far for me.

#118167 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Shaine that’s a fantastic review on the cross star it’s higher than the civic and love the magic seats can put my rollator there ! Does the civic have magic seats too ?  His mpg was fab on the road test getting 64 mpg ! And faster than a Toyota CHR too and great visibility is it in HONDA SHOWROOMS NOW ?

#118168 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Does it have keyless ?

#118169 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Looks like EX has keyless but can’t see a reversing camera ?

#118172 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Smallcar yes it blows your picanto out of the water

#118174 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Just saw 3 reviews on you tube on civic fantastic

#118177 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Menorca Mike

Would have considered it but due to difficult parking chose a car half a metre shorter and 100mm narrower, whilst still easy for my disabled partner to be comfortable.  So as you put it, the Honda was blown out of the water for us.

We all have to compromise unfortunately.

#118179 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Small car what a shame

#118180 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Not really, seems to suit our needs well  for front space ( passenger and over 6ft driver). Boot space for folded wheelchair which is used on every outing. Auto air conditioning. Rear parking camera and sensors. Sat nav and DAB radio on large screen etc etc

#118181 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Magic seats on Honda lift up for wheelchair behind front seats digital display hybrid 64 mpg keyless heated steering wheel sat nav etc etc

#118182 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Omg it can’t be right just saw picanto automatic mpg on honest John 35 mpg !

#118186 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

Crumbs,

I only posted that the Jazz looked good , but wouldn’t suit us. The mpg is somewhat irrelevant on our car due to the amount it is used due to health issues.

I hope you are as happy with the car you get or have got, we all have different requirements.

let’s get back on subject.

#118187 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes of course but just a warning of the mpg to buyers who use it more I’m shocked that’s really poor but then isn’t a hybrid etc yes let’s get back on subject

#118188 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’m tight fisted so like very good mpg 😀😀😀

#118190 Reply

Ade

Honda cars have build quality, and that Jazz crosstar car is quite different, good visibility all around high and small. It will tick all the boxes for some people. It looks very much like a city car, it is indeed very quirky.

#118192 Reply

Menorca Mike

Well said Ade

#118193 Reply

Menorca Mike

I’ll e the visibility I saw init on you tube

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 29 total)
Reply To: Jazz & Jazz Crosstar Hybrid

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: