It it worth shopping around for quicker delivery?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #174417 Reply
    Matthew

I want to order the vivaro elife van but my closest dealer mumbled a bit about “it usually has more details” when he checked his system after I enquired about build times/lead times, and then said “up to 26 weeks”. So I assume he is just guessing.

I know there are delays and shortages across all manufacturers and cars but do some dealers get priority or more allocations and is it worth shopping around to try and find a faster delivery option?  In my experience what the say and what happens doesn’t have much in common, is this everyone else’s experience? And it’s not worth the bother and they are all the same?

Thanks for any insight you can offer, despite being on the scheme for.many years, I am pretty clueless and always dread reordering cars and dealing with salesmen and paperwork.  I definitely want this van and ideally before August to make use in the school holidays but I guess that’s just pie in the sky?

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #174421 Reply
    James

I’d ring around if I was you, we have dropped on before and had a quick turnaround with either current stock or cars in the system.

id also be careful because dealers could lie to get your order and just tell you it’s been delayed.

No harm in looking, best of luck

#174433 Reply
    BigDave
    Participant

I want to order the vivaro elife van but my closest dealer mumbled a bit about “it usually has more details” when he checked his system after I enquired about build times/lead times, and then said “up to 26 weeks”. So I assume he is just guessing. I know there are delays and shortages across all manufacturers and cars but do some dealers get priority or more allocations and is it worth shopping around to try and find a faster delivery option? In my experience what the say and what happens doesn’t have much in common, is this everyone else’s experience? And it’s not worth the bother and they are all the same? Thanks for any insight you can offer, despite being on the scheme for.many years, I am pretty clueless and always dread reordering cars and dealing with salesmen and paperwork. I definitely want this van and ideally before August to make use in the school holidays but I guess that’s just pie in the sky?

It maybe worth signing upto one or two of the Motability related groups on Facebook.

Often they have Motability car dealers who post on the groups whenever they have vehicles they want to ‘offload’ quickly to Motability customers, mainly due to cancellations or overstocking etc.

Obviously you are tied to what they are offering (model/colour/engine/transmission etc) and perhaps geographically, or by timing etc, but you may fall lucky.

#174533 Reply
    Mark Holland

We rang around 30 dealers and found one less than 30 miles away took delivery in 4 days this time as we’re quoted 18 months delivery at the time, also you could make an order and then still hunt around cancelling said order should you find one. Don’t forget to tell a dealer you make an order from that you would be open. To a cancellation should they get one

Viewing 3 replies - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
Reply To: It it worth shopping around for quicker delivery?
Your information: