Issue with Motability Car

This topic contains 80 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by Avatar myself33 4 months, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #74818 Reply
    SurreyGuy1981
    Participant

I will start from the beginning.

I had a Renault Clio Motability Car for 8 months, I got permission from Motability to cancel because of worsening health and needing a car that was bigger and higher up so I wasn’t climbing out of it.

Then……..

I’ve just got a Renault Captur Iconic.

I’m very unhappy with the service I have had, even though the car is ok, I did not get the car that was 100% suitable for me and should have had because firstly at first they were not honest with me and didn’t tell me that they had a Renault Captur GT Line in stock at Renault Aldershot SMC even though they supposedly checked on their system.

On Monday 1st April 2019, I ordered a Renault Captur Iconic at My local Renault SMC, it was apparently a car that had already been cancelled and was on the forecourt, I ordered it because they informed me that they did not have a GT Line Captur in stock which is the one that met my requirements and the one I wanted.

However, they were not honest with me and I found out that the other local Renault SMC had one in stock at their branch in the showroom which I could have.

So on Thursday 4th April, I went to the other local Renault and I viewed and sat in the Captur GT Line and made sure it was suitable.

Me and Renault agreed I would have it, Even though I already had a Iconic Renault Captur on order from the other local Renault branch, they were happy to change this, so it was all agreed for me to have the Renault GT Line model.

This met my requirements because of the height of the seats and the heated seats which would be beneficial for my pain issues.

So it was all agreed but then suddenly when I got home Renault wanted to charge me £215 on top of the £595 advance payment of the car because it had a dashcam installed, I have the emails to prove this also.

I spoke to someone from Motability on Friday 5th April regarding this and was told by Motability that if I wanted the car without the dashcam then I could do that and Renault would have to take it off.

However, Renault refused and I couldn’t have the car I wanted and which was more suitable and I had to have the Iconic Renault Captur which I really didn’t want. I felt pressured into having it because they wouldn’t let me have the other one unless I paid £215 for the dashcam, making it over £830 in total with the advance payment on top of the dashcam fee.

The GT Line version was more suitable for me and that is what I wanted and what me and Renault agreed I was going to have.

Then I felt I couldn’t back out for the order of the Iconic Renault Captur so I picked it up on Monday, however the other one is what was more suitable.

I’m really not happy with this because I haven’t got the model I wanted to have and not only felt pressured but Renault made it extremely hard for me and went against what I was told by Motability.

It’s been a stressful experience and after having the opportunity to change my car I’m disappointed that I haven’t got the car that met all of my requirements.

As I say I have all emails confirming I wanted the GT Line version and it was all agreed and all emails from both local Renault dealers stating they would go ahead and arrange for me to collect the Renault Captur GT Line model.

Plus the emails stating they would charge me £215 for the dashcam and also then refusing to remove the dashcam therefore leaving me with no choice but to have the other car and going against what I was told by Motability.

I have several emails that will show all of what I have said.

I will also add that I wasn’t given the chance to inspect the car when I collected it and just had to enter the PIN and it had 12 miles on the clock.

Also I ordered a Desert Orange/Black car and it’s more Brown/Black and I hate the colour and it wasn’t what I was expecting and to me isn’t as described either.

I have put in a complaint to Motability but don’t expect anything to happen unfortunately.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75168 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Hi Surrey guy it seems when things go wrong like for you motability seems to put the blame on the customer and to be honest i know someone who was banned from the scheme for a year due to terminations when some of the fault was with adaptions fitting company and motability and the customer all had some input.But i think even though motability made a massive surplus profit from us disabled they have cutback on back office problems when things go wrong.All they told my friend was he would have to go to the financial ombudsman if he was still not happy.I hope you let us know your outcome by the way when motability insists you have a test drive i told them you ask a dealer and they tell you as i found most of the time they do not have any automatics to test.

#75182 Reply
    Philb

I’ve had it in the past when the dealers say we’ve not got a test car in but when we get one in for service we will ring you and you can have a short test drive? WTF?

I bet the owner would have been really happy. Obviously they weren’t telling them.

#75308 Reply
    Jack

Sounds like fun, we have currently have a complaint with motability and the senior account manager there handling it (Danny Edwards) has been very helpful even with me giving him a few good ear bashing’s he’s been more than reasonable and on my side.

#75544 Reply
    SurreyGuy1981

Just an update for you all.

My complaint was passed onto a customer relations manager who is currently investigating.

My biggest reasons were that on 4th April 2019 Renault said they were cancelling the order for my car that I’ve just got and thay didn’t.

The colour to me isn’t what was ordered or described and I felt pressured into getting this one with the dashcam issues that Renault caused with the other car that I wanted from them.

Also they didn’t offer a test drive and I didn’t get to inspect the car before entering the PIN.

I feel I have a case maybe quite a good one too, what do you think?

The latest email today states that the customer relations manager is gathering further information and is going to consult with Motabilitys legal team.

Have I got them rattled? Does this mean they will end up letting me change the car free of charge do you think?

Thank you.

#75545 Reply
    SurreyGuy1981

The account manager I’m dealing with seems like a decent guy.

And reference the test drive issue, I did request one when I ordered but again they said they had no cars for me to test drive.

#75546 Reply
    SurreyGuy1981

What do you guys think will happen? They wouldn’t consult with their legal team if I didn’t have a case would they?

#75556 Reply
    Philjb

I still think it could go either way tbh, only for the reason you physically entered the pin and drove away.

As it happened to you in the past and used the same dealer also. only my opinion.

unless you can prove you’re disability effects choice making? As you could have requested any of these at the final stage.

What was was the issue with the dash cam and would it have been that expensive to remove itthink  in the car you wanted? As for the colour I think that is Renaults version of orange.

Fingers crossed you get the outcome you want.

#75560 Reply
    Trev

I think, the investigation will primarily for –

Also they didn’t offer a test drive and I didn’t get to inspect the car before entering the PIN.

The case worker, or someone higher up, will have approached the dealership for their opinion of how things went. They then have to compare yours and their recollection of events and make a decision.

None of us know what the ‘consulting with legal team’ actually means, it could go either way, as i said previously there are various outcomes – they could let you change the car free of charge, they could let you do this but you can no longer use that dealer, they may charge you to change the car, or they may say you have to stick with the car or the scheme is not right for you…..I would try not to dwell on things, easier than said i know, but don’t try and 2nd guess things are going your way or you could brings yourself down further if they don’t.

Good luck, and keep us updated.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#75563 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

One thing i will say is if you want anything in writing from motability do not hold your breath as i tried to get evidence which is still ongoing and the ombudsman is now looking into it for me as i asked for letters signed from the grants team and motability operations and they refused to do this as they know they may be in  trouble they also will not produce a document on there duty of care to disabled customers which under equality act of 2010 they should have.How can an organization that deals with and for disabled people act like this its totally illigal under the human rights act as well i was treated very bad and my mental health suffered due to no duty of my care, like said when things are going well they are very good but in some cases they abuse you.

#75564 Reply
    wonky

Hi Daveblue,   You have highlighted an issue of great concern. That is the continued abuse of disabled and vulnerable people in society, who are supposed to have legal rights and be protected.

I have experienced this with social services, Doctors, health professionals etc etc.

Our rights look good on paper but that’s as far as it goes generally.

Good luck with your fight !!

Regards,  wonky

#75567 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Your so right wonky i have myself experienced this as well i think that with legal aid being cut back unless we can defend ourselves against corporate abuse we have no chance.

#75570 Reply
    Phijb

Ive basically been discharged as there is no more help available and it’s effected my mental health badly.

i can understand the disappointment of not getting what getting you want.

We should get better hep every step of the way.

I was lucky as my youngest daughter came with me and had read and understood the process.

But not everyone gets this help.

Motability are a big enough organisation they should make sure everything goes smoothly, not wait till something goes wrong.

#75573 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

The mobility salesman was very young and very inexperienced when we signed up for our Kuga 2.0 diesel auto, we ended up with a quick test drive of a petrol auto, as regards the adaptations did you want any nothing about price. We really need a hoist for the mobility scooter but thought we could not afford such an expensive adaptation.

Since coming on this forum I realised I could have a hoist for around £100 on the scheme, I contacted Mobility they we less than helpful, stating I would have to pay full price or would have to wait till the end of my lease. No mention of termination of the lease early.

You live and learn, the Kuga is a nice car, but next time I will be wiser.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#75914 Reply
    Surreyguy1981

Just another update.

The accounts manager from motability has stated that he is waiting to hear from the legal team regarding the Consumer Rights Act and then he will be able to communicate their position and what the outcome will be.

I feel I have a good chance given its all going through the legal team and I haven’t just been fobbed off.

#75951 Reply
    Trev

Interesting one Surreyguy, i thought they were looking to see if the dealer had breached Motability’s own policy agreements that are in place. But from what you say it seems to have gone further than that.

Stay positive, but keep your expectations realistic, and keep us updated.

Good luck.

Mota History - Nissan Qashqai Ford Focus Seat Leon ST Mazda CX-5

#75953 Reply
    JS

Ditto as Trev says. And Hopefully its their intention to refuse the car at no cost to them I can’t see any other reason for them to resort to comsumer rights,

#76098 Reply
    Surreyguy1981

I won ?

It’s void and cancelled now and I can keep it until I order another one!!!

#76100 Reply
    Surreyguy1981

And now that I’ve won ?

I’ve got a budget of £495 and need a car with height, heated seats would be good.

So the Mokka at £349 and the CHR at £495 is what I’m looking at.

#76101 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

I would go for Toyota CH-R Toyotas reliability is legendary were as the Vauxhall Mokka well I will make your mind up.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#76103 Reply
    Surreyguy1981

Yeah CHR is my number 1. I almost ordered it last time, I should have.

To have front and rear sensors and camera, a good height, heated seats, traffics sign recognition, auto parking, automatic  handbrake, blind spot monitoring, lane departure, sat nav etc.

Great spec for the price I think.

And I love the look of it, I know some don’t but its different, looks like a better and bigger Juke.

#76105 Reply
    Philjb

Well done.

Make sure you test drive as many cars as you want this time.   ??

#76107 Reply
    Surreyguy1981

Motability said because I didn’t get to inspect the car before entering the PIN, that was the deciding factor.

They gave me 2 options.

1.Reject the car and take it straight back to Renault now and be without a car and I’d get the allowance money until I get another one.

2. Keep it until another one is ordered.

I can’t go without a vehicle so I chose 2.

#76109 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Yeah CHR is my number 1. I almost ordered it last time, I should have. To have front and rear sensors and camera, a good height, heated seats, traffics sign recognition, auto parking, automatic handbrake, blind spot monitoring, lane departure, sat nav etc. Great spec for the price I think. And I love the look of it, I know some don’t but its different, looks like a better and bigger Juke.

The C-HR 4WD is on the money £495 personally I would go for a 2WD which is the one more fuel efficient and only £95 AP, be cheeky and ask for some matts etc.

The Toyota is vastly superior manufacture well built and bullet proof, as regards the CVT gearbox you have to change your driving style, don’t just floor the pedal but squeeze it, good luck you deserve it.

#76118 Reply
    Surreyguy1981

Unfortunately due to only being able to drive automatic it has to be the £495 excel 1.2 petrol turbo awd.

They do the 1.8 hybrid in auto for £245 but it’s fairly basic spec compared to the other one and doesn’t have things that I’m looking for.

#76758 Reply
    daveblue
    Participant

Hi surrey guy im glad you got your problem sorted but it seems motability legal team have got to this forum and threatened them as the post about my complaint and equality issues with motability has got nothing to do with the ombudsman there is no legal problem with free speach on here as under data protection i agree with my details on here its a shame that motability has been protected against the small person and the post has been shut down by mods as motability seem to be a law upon themselves i hope others on here like surrey guy were alowed to keep there post as i had told motability i would be posting what they have done to me they have got to this site which im sorry about.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 80 total)
Reply To: Issue with Motability Car

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: