is VW going to be on display at the mobility show at the NEC?

• Creator
    Topic
    Paul_1964
    Participant

Just got the email about this years mobility show at the NEC in May, the email talks about new EV’s and ones with good range, it shows the VW ID3. but the list of who is at the Show has most names you can think of even lesser know ones but i cant see VW on the list, is that right, i would expect VW to be at the show. I wanted to compare the ID4 next to a few other such cars and the show is a great place to walk right from one car to the next.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      des
      Participant

I wouldn’t know tbh. Surely there must be a way of checking.

Ottiebow
        Participant

Pity there is not a motability show in the South East of England. unless I am mistaken?

MissingSound7
          Participant

Pity there is not a motability show in the South East of England. unless I am mistaken?

I’m in south east Kent and just checked Motaclarity which says: ‘10 September 2024 – Rise Roadshow (Kent)
            Discover cutting-edge disability equipment and services at the exhibition, with charities on-hand offering free advice. Attend motivational talks by individuals with lived experience in conference theatres and workshops. Access the latest innovations and valuable insights all in one event’.
            That’s at the Discovery Park, Ramsgate Road, Sandwich, just a couple of miles from me.

Don’t think that’s something that’ll be showing cars on the scheme though so not sure why it’s on Motaclarity. London is probably the closest that’ll have a show.

kezo
            Participant

Never been to one to be honest. Apart from the need to travel to one, I’d much prefer to visit a dealer once I know a vehicle has made it to the scheme. Less hussle and bustle than these events!

Participant

Never been to one to be honest. Apart from the need to travel to one, I’d much prefer to visit a dealer once I know a vehicle has made it to the scheme. Less hussle and bustle than these events!

Went to the Birmingham one since it was only an hour away, you’re certainly better of spending the day going around a few dealerships to look at some cars. At the event you’ll be basically fighting other people to have a sit in a car.

Car History:
                Ford Fiesta
                Vauxhall Astra Mk6
                Mazda 3
                BMW 2 Series Coupe
                Mercedes A Class
                Vauxhall Astra Mk8 (Current Car)

Adrian
                Participant

Went to the Birmingham one since it was only an hour away, you’re certainly better of spending the day going around a few dealerships to look at some cars. At the event you’ll be basically fighting other people to have a sit in a car.

🤣 So much this. But free pen 🤷🏻‍♂️

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                  kezo
                  Participant

🤣 So much this. But free pen 🤷🏻‍♂️

Use to go the Electrical, Fire & security events. Loads of free goodies from USB sticks designed in appropite shapes, notbooks, pens, fluffy’s, along with samples of the goods. It was mayhem then, with the number of folk waking around. I can’t see the point of going with everyone scramming to sit in a car and wait hours for a test drive.

belfast4
                    Participant

No VW are not at the show you speak of.

Viewing 8 replies - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
                    • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.