Is There Any Makes or Models of Vehicles That Never Get Leased on Motability

This topic contains 11 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Karl 1 month ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #95555 Reply

martino

I was wondering if there was any makes or models of vehicles  that are on the Motability scheme that just never get leased

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #95561 Reply

BigDave
    Participant

I was wondering if there was any makes or models of vehicles that are on the Motability scheme that just never get leased

I would say possibly yes in cases where a manufacturer wants to be seen to be offering a certain vehicle/model on the scheme, but for commercial/political or other reasons negotiates a stupidly high Advance Payment that only someone insane would pay.

Thus, they are seen to offer the vehicle but are almost sure no one will buy one.

A case in point may-be the current Vauxhall Astra Automatic with the cheapest DLA/PIP/AFIP Advance Payment being £1399. Compare this Advance Payment to the equivalent Peugeot/Citroen automatics from the same company (PSA) or even a competitor vehicle such as the Ford Focus etc.

It is obvious that PSA don’t want to sell many (if any) Vauxhall Astra automatics on the scheme as there are so many much better value automatic vehicles for much less advance payment.

#95563 Reply

SaintsMan

I would assume Dacia, especially the ones over £2000 AP.

#95569 Reply

Craig

Aston Martin ?

#95612 Reply

martino

Craig i think i would suffer the pain trying getting into an Aston Martin

#95663 Reply

Michael Flude

Jaguar ,any of the models.

#95666 Reply

mitch
    Participant

i see its going to be one of those days eh!

#95668 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Years ago the Range Rover was on motability I’m sure it was around £7000 to £9000 advance payment

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#95740 Reply

PillBoy
    Participant

I really wish they had Lexus on Motability.  As an ex owner I rate them exceptionally high and the standard kit is excellent.  You won’t have to spend £1000s on extras like you do with most other ‘luxury’ brands.  Best dealerships going also, they can’t do enough for you.

#95773 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

I don’t think you will ever see a Tesla on Motability, but then I don’t think I will see a Tesla that could store my fully assembled pavement scooter and keep 4 usable passenger seats. ?

#95780 Reply

Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes I’d love a Lexus most reliable hybrid on road year after year

BBC Breakfast expert, VW Golf driver.

#95785 Reply

Karl

id force myself in to an aston martin..gont think i’d ever get out again though…lol

Viewing 11 replies - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
Reply To: Is There Any Makes or Models of Vehicles That Never Get Leased on Motability

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: