is the new list an April fools joke?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Avatar mikme 2 years, 6 months ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #27855 Reply
    mikme

I know this may pre-empt the release of the official motobility list, but looking at the prices that have appeared on this site It appears to be a joke. Not very palatable. It is bad enough the government screwing disabled people, but motobility? You would think with the car buying/acquiring power they have they have they would have negotiated better deals with the manufacturers. Brexit negotiations could be blamed for the price of the £ versus the euro impacting on the retail price of the or even the pittance of an increase to the rate of DLA or PIP payments or just the fact that the Government does not give a rats arse about people with a disability. This is clear to see when they left it too late to vote for the motion regarding disability payments for the 160,000 people who are effected with MH conditions. So I hope they manage to have a good Easter knowing they have screwed disabled people over (not). Oh and by the way, how many Tory MP’s/ministers are still patrons of motobility?

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #27860 Reply
    Joe London

It would seem either they dont use their buying power, or they dont have any, motobility would be perfect for manufacturers to clear stocks of cars or looking to gain a presence on the road, or for dealers to get bonus points from the manufacturers by shifting models, especially near year end, all for and to the benefit of the people on the scheme , and this outdated quarterly farce needs to stop now.

#27861 Reply
    Kam

It’s sad. Clearly it’s now about turning a sizeable profit rather than benefiting the user. I have a an xtrail £33k that had an ap of £2600. It’s great and had everything I would ever need. The shape hasn’t changed, but the new cap means that model is nowhere to be seen.

This is a great disadvantage to us, as now for any options (that would probably come standard on the next trim up) are a cost to us.

The new 3008 is a prime example. To spec the GT line model the same as the GT, would cost an extra whopping £4k and that doesn’t even give you half the toys.

Come on Motability, work for the people on the scheme and not the tabloids ….

#27862 Reply
    Vinnie

My Volvo has doubled the ap from 799 to 1399?!! Would have to think about it now, so glad I ordered last quarter!

#27863 Reply
    Kam

I think we all need to get behind Alisha’s post (about 5 threads down) and all write a paragraph as to why this had consequently hit the Motability users directly

#27870 Reply
    mikme

the 3008 model that I was looking at went up by £400 overnight. Its time for an X1 that comes in at £1400ish for the manual. I will not pay that amount for a non-premium brand. Call me a badge snob, but the rise is just excessive.

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
Reply To: is the new list an April fools joke?

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: