Is it time to stop revealing the number of COVID cases?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #172497 Reply
    Brydo

With so many cases throughout the world, are the numbers becoming meaningless? Over 100,000 cases each day, nearly two years of this pandemic and we are no further forward. We all know what we need to do to stay safe so let’s just drop the daily infection numbers as they mean very little. If we need to know anything and What, IMO, would be more effective is to release the number and AGE of those in hospital and any underlying health conditions that those who die, suffered from.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #172501 Reply
    joss

I tend to switch off from the covid  numbers TBH. Not that I don’t care, its just the over load. You can’t escape the figures because everywhere you turn its in your face. As you say @Brydo it becomes meaningless.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#172505 Reply
    Brydo

It’s “manna from heaven” for the news programs as they can sensationalise the numbers creating a feeding frenzy exasperating those with mental health conditions and depressing the mood of the public in general.

#172519 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Yup. I’ve stopped looking at the figures too. Figures are just too big. Depressing.

#172907 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

It’s all about perspective, isn’t it? People get I’ll for all sorts of reasons, but we don’t go around testing for them all the time.

Viewing 4 replies - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
Reply To: Reply #172505 in Is it time to stop revealing the number of COVID cases?
Your information: