Ioniq 5 …… Wow !!!

• Creator
    Topic
    sagwala123
    Participant

Anyone else been wowed by the Ioniq 5. Ive got an ID4 on order but given todays newly released AP prices thought I would pop down for a butchers.

Got to test drive the Ultimate 236Kw 77kwh with tech pack. What a car. It couldn’t have more tech in it of it tried. And the speed……. Needless to say I was very very impressed.

At Circa 2k AP (with Mtblty contribution) and just a two week wait for a stock car, I have an interesting decision to sleep on.

I feel a trip to VW coming on……

Any thoughts from others in a similar situation ?

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      MickC
      Participant

They are the old model (stock),but even so its gotta be better that the VW.

Ionic 5 new/facelift model coming soon and it comes with a rear wiper.

ScotT
        Spectator

They are the old model (stock),but even so its gotta be better that the VW. Ionic 5 new/facelift model coming soon and it comes with a rear wiper.

That’s wrong information!, I’ve ordered this morning, factory order and ETA December, dealer said they should have notice about the facelift model shortly, there is no guarantee, but it’s likely mines will come as facelift model as the factory has already changed over for the updated model which is already being sold in S Korea, deliveries to take place in the next 8 weeks. so updated reviews just after that.

sagwala123
          Participant

There is a lot of stock around the country at different dealers.

Phenomenal vehicle for the money that’s for sure.

I think may go 168kw 77kwh ultimate tech pack and take advantage of the £1250 AP

crippleddad
            Participant

Shame it looks like a child’s drawing of a car.

MFillingham
              Participant

It’s a lot of car for the money and the Ultimate with Tech Pack is ridiculous value in comparison to previous quarters.

It’s styling is different by intent and that will always have those who love it and those who don’t.  The Update does help with some design features that some have mentioned but the overall design is unlikely to change massively, so if you don’t like it, it’s not going to get better in the next facelift.

Funnily enough, you don’t realise how much you use the rear wiper until there’s not one to use.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

ScotT
                Spectator

Shame it looks like a child’s drawing of a car.

Looks are subjective.

indecisiveone
                  Participant

Pound for pound it looks like an outstanding stand out for Q2 2024 but think I’d like the rear windscreen wiper if it’s coming later in year

moggy
                    Participant

If you haven’t got a rear wiper, use rain x on the rear window.

MFillingham
                      Participant

I use a water repellent coating, I just need to wash the car more often.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

sagwala123
                        Participant

I use a water repellent coating, I just need to wash the car more often.

I can live with that if it gets me into this level of car.

I was pretty wowed on the test drive.

tvs
                          Participant

The Ioniq 5 is one of the stand out cars on the scheme. Roomy, comfortable, loaded with tech. Spaceship styling makes it stand out, if you like it. Very good range. Low AP makes it affordable to many.

The rear window gets dirty quicker due to it’s less aero angle, nice to see they are putting a rear wiper on it on future factory orders.

2024 - KIA EV6 GT Line AWD
                            2019 - 2024 BMW X1 2.0d X Drive Sport Auto
                            2017 -2019 Audi Q3 2.0d Quattro Sport Line Plus
                            2005 - 2017 Honda CRV Exec 2.0d

MickC
                            Participant

They are the old model (stock),but even so its gotta be better that the VW. Ionic 5 new/facelift model coming soon and it comes with a rear wiper.

That’s wrong information!, I’ve ordered this morning, factory order and ETA December, dealer said they should have notice about the facelift model shortly, there is no guarantee, but it’s likely mines will come as facelift model as the factory has already changed over for the updated model which is already being sold in S Korea, deliveries to take place in the next 8 weeks. so updated reviews just after that.

@Scott
                              the OP said himself that the car he was getting is a STOCK car !

MickC
                              Participant

I use RainX on my windows and i have a rear wiper,but that does’nt stop the coating of mist you get most mornings on all the glass.

Hyundai have put the rear wiper on the facelift car because they know its the best option having listened to owners,there is a YT video from SK with the facelift car and that was the info relayed to watchers.

Djw38uk
                                Participant

Massive shout out to Holly at Howard’s Yeovil.
                                  Two months ago they allocated me a car in stock (RWD Premium Long Range) when I ordered but today resubmitted my order, thereby saving me £2300 without a quibble.
                                  Well worth a visit if in the SW and looking at a Hyundai.

ScotT
                                  Spectator

Massive shout out to Holly at Howard’s Yeovil. Two months ago they allocated me a car in stock (RWD Premium Long Range) when I ordered but today resubmitted my order, thereby saving me £2300 without a quibble. Well worth a visit if in the SW and looking at a Hyundai.

Well done, a super dealer and a great saving in your pocket. happy days

MLH
                                    Participant

Massive shout out to Holly at Howard’s Yeovil. Two months ago they allocated me a car in stock (RWD Premium Long Range) when I ordered but today resubmitted my order, thereby saving me £2300 without a quibble. Well worth a visit if in the SW and looking at a Hyundai.

Lovely to hear that, congrats!

Just up the road from me, so will definitely bear that in mind if my ID.4 is no further forward by next month.

joninprague
                                      Participant

Do you have an email address for Holly, Its always nice to reward good customer service and its a little farther from me but am happy to go further for good service.

Thanks

Jon

Djw38uk
                                        Participant

Do you have an email address for Holly, Its always nice to reward good customer service and its a little farther from me but am happy to go further for good service. Thanks Jon

Holly.Johnson@howardsgroup.co.uk

Please let her know it was from here you heard. Ta

joninprague
                                          Participant

Thanks so much for that, I have popped her an email. am still not sure if the namsen edition or the ultimate tech pack 239kw. Not sure I love the wing mirror screens 🙂

ScotT
                                            Spectator

Thanks so much for that, I have popped her an email. am still not sure if the namsen edition or the ultimate tech pack 239kw. Not sure I love the wing mirror screens 🙂

there are numerous issues with the DSM, they stopped producing them Namsan for a while due to this, and the new facelift Ioniq 5 (not yet out in the UK) has a completely redesigned DSM

There are a few people on here with the Namsan, they might not have experienced any issues with them, yet.

Ioniq
                                              Participant

The Ioniq 5 is a spaceship, and people stop and stare at it. They not seen anything like it. Aaaaand no, its not my driving ..lol.

Got my car from stock in December and with the dealer throwing in £750, the gcb bonus£250  and 750 from MB, it cost £1700 for the Ultimate version. And it took 2 weeks from ordering to delivery.

sagwala123
                                                Participant

So, slept on it. Pro’d and con’d and decided to stick with the ID4

Although the AP is very low for the car it will still be circa 1500 extra to put down against the ID4 for the model I would want.

I did the right thing and went straight to the VW dealer after driving the Ioniq and viewed and sat in the model ID4 with the same colour combo etc. and I was not disappointed or underwhelmed.

So sticking with our original order and delivery this month. Had the Ioniq come on last quarter at the APs in is in Q2 I think there would be one on the drive, but all things considered sticking with VW.

Few things with the Ioniq ….. No rear wiper, seats although comfortable are not quite as ‘hug’ comfortable as ID4 and just couldn’t settle on a colour combo that I liked with the Ioniq. Whereas absolutely loving the rich red and black roof combo of the ID4

MFillingham
                                                  Participant

Yes, the colour options on the 5 are somewhat limited, unless grey is your thing.  There’s a light grey, very light grey (white), dark grey, very dark grey,  matte dark grey, very very dark grey (black) a blueish grey and a green that’s blue in some light and grey in most but bright green in the summer sun.

I’d have much preferred a red or deep blue (even the dark blue on the 6) but the choices aren’t great.  Teal Green is what I got and it’s one of the best for the car.

Sounds like you did the right thing and picked the best car for you.  The Mrs pretty much bounced out of the ID4, she hated the seats but we’re loving the soft hug of the 5.

Mark

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
                                                  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.