Ioniq 5 saga

• Creator
    Topic
    Djw38uk
    Participant

Where to begin………

So I picked up my Ioniq 5 Premium RWD on 30th of April.

Within days I started getting an awful buzzing noise from one speaker and days later the radio packed up completely.

Ten days after collection it went back in to dealer. The service department have been awful with no or little updates. They did initially give me a demo as a courtesy car which was good of them but I am now in a hire car from Europcar.

It needs a speaker and new head unit. Unfortunately there are no head units available in the UK so the car has no date of completion of the repairs.

This is where I must say Motability have been excellent!

I called yesterday and explained the situation and they immediately offered me a cancellation with no fee to pay.

Long story short I started ringing round and found a stock car (albeit in black, not my first choice) in Milton Keynes and should collect it Thursday or Friday!

They have been really helpful and it turns out they even have a Managers Offer on and I do not have to pay the £549AP!!

What a great result in the end.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

Good to hear your all sorted 🙂

MFillingham
        Participant

That’s one thing Hyundai aren’t doing at all well.  There’s a lot of stories on various owners groups where a car is stuck for months on end waiting for a part that should be held in stock somewhere.  What’s worrying is that it’s not the same part, so you can’t simply put it down to a supply issue, just an unwillingness to hold parts.

What’s the new car?

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
          I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Djw38uk
          Participant

Believe it or not I’m sticking with an Ioniq 5.
            I love the car and willing to give it another go.

Fastbike1000
            Participant

I’m in the same boat as you, but mine is the Nissan Ariya. Just constant niggles the latest was yesterday the screen wash bottle split.

MFillingham
              Participant

Believe it or not I’m sticking with an Ioniq 5. I love the car and willing to give it another go.

It’s a good car, I’ve not had any trouble with it.  It’s brave to stick after having a bad experience, hopefully you get a good one this time.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Ioniq
                Participant

It is indeed a fantastic car. You only ever hear of the very few problems some people have with new cars and never hear of the vast majority of happy motorists!

Having said that, my one goes in for a recall in a couple of days for the charging module. Usually the dealership wants to check the car over after a few months to make sure everything is ok.

They are gonna give the Ioniq a once over, check the module is good and should take 40 minutes. If it needs changing it will take 3 hours.

MickC
                  Participant

Glad you had a happy ending with the I5.

Rico
                    Participant

I have had so many issues with my 5, flat 12v, drastic battery loss (main traction battery) but we loved the car so much we are going with another one, I have done the research and it seems its all related to the iccu, basically they know their is a issue as all their have been 5 in total iccu software updates, with the last one being a govt involved thing due to safety concerns.. apparently all the december 2024 onward cars have the newer version of the iccu which has a different part number.

Genesos
                      Participant

Hi, do you mean December 2023 onwards?,   (my Namsan build date February 2024)

Rico
                        Participant

Hi, do you mean December 2023 onwards?, (my Namsan build date February 2024)

yes, December 2023 onwards iccu has a different part number and is the revised version.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
                        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.