Ioniq 5 Facelift 2025

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

I see that Hyundai have released pictures and video of the new facelift Ioniq 5 and it looks really nice. Larger battery pack along with new bumpers and spoiler and the interior is also much better. Re designed center console and the same dash and software as the ioniq 6. Also a fast N line edition which im not interested in but the re worked model is very appealing as it addresses everything i didnt like in the old model.

I have an Ioniq 6 on order but my head is spinning now…godamit why do they keep doing this, wonder if and when it will appear on the scheme ???

----------------------------
      Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate
      Scale modeller in my spare time

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Ioniq
      Participant

Thats one thing about Hyundai/Kia, they do a facelift every year or so. You will be constantly eagerly awaiting the next facelift version, year upon year.

They do quickly fix the faults and  shortcomings of their product.

But yeah, keep on that hamster wheel of indecision, waiting for the next facelift model. Or enjoy the model you have ordered.

MickC
        Participant

The Ioniq interiors are too Space 1999 for me,if i got one i would have to get missen a bobbed pink wig.

MickC
          Participant

Thats one thing about Hyundai/Kia, they do a facelift every year or so. You will be constantly eagerly awaiting the next facelift version, year upon year. They do quickly fix the faults and shortcomings of their product. But yeah, keep on that hamster wheel of indecision, waiting for the next facelift model. Or enjoy the model you have ordered.

I touched on that in another thread somewhere,they have updates and facelifts just like Samsung do with their phones,its to make you want the new model by making the old model feel outdated.

Ioniq
            Participant

The Ioniq interiors are too Space 1999 for me,if i got one i would have to get missen a bobbed pink wig.

Is that your weekend outfit sorted Mick???

MickC
              Participant

This video just popped up on YT,i do like the dark interior of the N Line its reyt up my street that.

And it has a rear wiper…..yay.

When is the facelifted version available ?

Tam
                Participant

UK deliveries from Q4 this year, Summer for USA and Oz markets available to order now in S Korea

I suspect the UK announcement this month. Dealers already quoting 9-12 for orders here for new Ioniq 5 order I suspect this is due to the facelift.

It’s quite a substantial facelift over and above the cosmetic changes.

kezo
                  Participant

solent60
                    Participant

Shame Hyundai have axed its petrol N-Line cars in Europe – the i20-N and the excellent i30-N.

Mind you, if you’re an owner of one of those, the values will increase no end.

Participant

Sadly as its not available in the UK until winter if it does appear on the scheme will more than likely be next year so for now im sticking with my Ioniq 6 order. I really do think the tweeks that they have made now make it a more desirable option.

Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate

Fastbike1000
                        Participant

I was very close to ordering one not too long ago but I had a few niggles with it, now though those niggles have been sorted. Saying that I don’t particularly like the new wheels but I’m going back to check with the dealer when the facelifted version arrives.

Participant

I agree fastbike1000 all the issues I had with the old model have been addressed, would be very interested to hear what your dealer says if you would be so kind to inform us all.

Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate

MFillingham
                            Participant

Facelifts will happen year on year, solving a few common issues and creating a need for previous owners to renew/update.  We, as Motability customers will have a different outlook as we are dependent upon what is available on the scheme at time of renewal. Whether it’s an upgrade of the current car or something completely different tends to be determined by availability and price, as well as the experience with the dealer over the past 36 months.

Personally, I’m happy with the MY24 I have even without the rear wiper.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                              I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

Tam
                              Participant

Facelifts will happen year on year, solving a few common issues and creating a need for previous owners to renew/update. We, as Motability customers will have a different outlook as we are dependent upon what is available on the scheme at time of renewal. Whether it’s an upgrade of the current car or something completely different tends to be determined by availability and price, as well as the experience with the dealer over the past 36 months. Personally, I’m happy with the MY24 I have even without the rear wiper.

I am really glad you are enjoying your I5 I have been following your journey and when I order mine I’m going for the same colour its so so nice, please keep us updated especially form a range POV.

This is the first facelift the I5 will get, Its not just a MY update where there would be additions or trim changes.

It’s a substantial update, with the larger battery, revised motors, suspension updates and vehicle OS system rear wiper, these changes alone are major for the I5 the cosmetic changes for the interior trim and exterior bumpers are minor to what’s happening, its been a much needed update for the vehicle.

We have been able to order since September but I knew the update was coming so we have held off, the change over is now and vehicles are available to be ordered now in Korea, the UK spec will be finalised for May, but anything that’s already on order but not yet built will automatically be upgraded (hopefully not like the Enyaq fiasco).

We are placing our order the end of the month

Happy motoring.

Fastbike1000
                                Participant

I agree fastbike1000 all the issues I had with the old model have been addressed, would be very interested to hear what your dealer says if you would be so kind to inform us all.

I popped into the dealer this morning seeing it was on the way back from appointment. He said from probably from June with delivery December but he stated that could/will change. I also asked about Motability and again he stated that he has had no information concerning the facelifted model being removed from Motability, personally he said he couldn’t see it being removed. At the moment he’s getting about 85% business from Motability, he did say the ap might change but he hopes not.

GAMO
                                  Participant

I am really glad you are enjoying your I5 I have been following your journey and when I order mine I’m going for the same colour its so so nice, please keep us updated especially form a range POV. This is the first facelift the I5 will get, Its not just a MY update where there would be additions or trim changes. It’s a substantial update, with the larger battery, revised motors, suspension updates and vehicle OS system rear wiper, these changes alone are major for the I5 the cosmetic changes for the interior trim and exterior bumpers are minor to what’s happening, its been a much needed update for the vehicle. We have been able to order since September but I knew the update was coming so we have held off, the change over is now and vehicles are available to be ordered now in Korea, the UK spec will be finalised for May, but anything that’s already on order but not yet built will automatically be upgraded (hopefully not like the Enyaq fiasco). We are placing our order the end of the month Happy motoring.

I agree the Enyaq fiasco really stressed me out and made it less appealing.

I called my local Hyundai dealer yesterday and they said there were no dates yet and would PROBABLY would be available for ordering in Q3. I asked about production upgrades and they said it would be upgraded if the factory changed over production but there was no time frame and wouldn’t know what’s being built until 2025 models start to arrive in the uk.

They have said that there are long lead times on I5 orders but they seam to be catching up and COULD possibly be deliverd this side of the new year.

Think im going to order the Namsan now and hopefully it will be converted to 2025 and im also hoping the equivalent will be the N Line, but as long as the interior is 2025 I’ll be happy.

kezo
                                    Participant

Think im going to order the Namsan now and hopefully it will be converted to 2025 and im also hoping the equivalent will be the N Line, but as long as the interior is 2025 I’ll be happy.

@MFillingham
                                      has a Namsan.

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by kezo.
                                      MFillingham
                                      Participant

There is a lot of talk on many Ioniq 5 groups of the Namsan Edition being dropped, not sure whether that’ll be in the new facelift or prior to.

I’m so glad I went big and got the top of the range, the sun roof alone makes it worth in when you’re not shutting out the rain.  The heat pump meant we could travel at motorway speeds with the heating on or off and not really notice any difference in range or consumption.

If you’re use to wireless CarPlay or AA, get an adaptor or you’ll soon lose your sense of fun with the long cable required.  There’s a known fault for that USB socket and plugging in repeatedly can’t do that much good.

Living in Cornwall, there’s probably 4 or 5 I5s in the county that I know of, when we went to Southampton there were plenty and we were still the only one with the DSM which has also been the talking point for so many conversations, whether it’s when we park, return to the car or are charging, there’s often someone trying to work out why the mirrors are so small.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

GAMO
                                        Participant

There is a lot of talk on many Ioniq 5 groups of the Namsan Edition being dropped, not sure whether that’ll be in the new facelift or prior to. I’m so glad I went big and got the top of the range, the sun roof alone makes it worth in when you’re not shutting out the rain. The heat pump meant we could travel at motorway speeds with the heating on or off and not really notice any difference in range or consumption. If you’re use to wireless CarPlay or AA, get an adaptor or you’ll soon lose your sense of fun with the long cable required. There’s a known fault for that USB socket and plugging in repeatedly can’t do that much good. Living in Cornwall, there’s probably 4 or 5 I5s in the county that I know of, when we went to Southampton there were plenty and we were still the only one with the DSM which has also been the talking point for so many conversations, whether it’s when we park, return to the car or are charging, there’s often someone trying to work out why the mirrors are so small.

Glad you are enjoying it Mark. there’s plenty of car there. I was torn between I5 and the Yaq back in October and ended up going with the Yaq because I wasn’t keen on the I5’s interior. But after the drama with the change over and the wait times and also with the issues @phaedra is having with his Advanced pack ect its put me off.

Hadn’t heard anything on the Namsan being dropped till you said but Im hoping  that it will be replaced by the imminent N Line variant. Iv been browsing through the Korean Hyundai site trying to work out what spec we might get in UK. its looking like quite few features will be paid extras on all trims like the vision roof, integrated dash cam and the digital side and rear view mirrors but who knows what spec we will get over here.

For now im just gonna get a factory order in for a Namsan and see what happens when its conversion time. worst case ill be back to square one with no car and no idea what to buy again. Ideally id want a AWD N-Line with all the bells and whistles

MFillingham
                                          Participant

@GAMO to be fair, the Namsan isn’t bad value, when you start at the AP for the Ultimate with Tech Pack and then add on a grand for the heat pump, you’re only paying a grand for the pano roof and power rear bench.

The risk in waiting for the facelift is that you’ll not get anything like the spec you want.  It’s only recent that the AWD Ultimate joined the scheme, you really can’t guarantee getting the whole range straight off.

Mark

GAMO
                                            Participant

@MFillingham I agree not terrible value. But the interior of the current I5 is not my cup of tea so I’m prepared to risk it all. Hopefully it pays off.

kezo
                                              Participant

@MFillingham I agree not terrible value. But the interior of the current I5 is not my cup of tea so I’m prepared to risk it all. Hopefully it pays off.

What in particular?

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by kezo.
                                                GAMO
                                                Participant

What in particular?

@kezo
                                                  the steering wheel is the main thing. My mind won’t let me ignore the 2 spoke thing. But also the light coloured dash/infotainment surrounds. made it feel less premium in my opinion.

Not to mention old fashion USB. made me feel like I was in a car from the “onesies”

kezo
                                                  Participant

What in particular?

@kezo the steering wheel is the main thing. My mind won’t let me ignore the 2 spoke thing. But also the light coloured dash/infotainment surrounds. made it feel less premium in my opinion. Not to mention old fashion USB. made me feel like I was in a car from the “onesies”

You can get a black surround for the displays and a replacement black thing for the for the cloth bit on the end of the displays from ev-vida store. I did put a pic of it up for @MFillingham but. cant find it.

Can’t help with steering wheel sorry.

GAMO
                                                    Participant

What in particular?

@kezo the steering wheel is the main thing. My mind won’t let me ignore the 2 spoke thing. But also the light coloured dash/infotainment surrounds. made it feel less premium in my opinion. Not to mention old fashion USB. made me feel like I was in a car from the “onesies”

You can get a black surround for the displays and a replacement black thing for the for the cloth bit on the end of the displays from ev-vida store. I did put a pic of it up for @MFillingham but. cant find it. Can’t help with steering wheel sorry.

Appreciate the suggestion but the steering wheel can’t be lived with.

Servanus771
                                                      Participant

I looked at Ioniq 5 ultimate awd tech pack last week – the sales person said if ordered now it would be November delivery- does this mean that I would get a facelift 2025 model ?

thanks in advance

???? Enyaq 85x Sportline Plus, 2021-2024 5008 GT Premium, 2016-2021 Golf GTD DSG, 2013-2016 Ds3 D-sport 1.6 thp, 2010-2013 Mondeo 2.2 Titanium X, 2007-2010 Civic 2.2 EX, 2004-2007 Mazda 3 2.0 Sport, 2001-2004 Fiesta 1.6 Zetec-S, 1998-2001 Escort 1.6 Zetec

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 32 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.