Ioniq 5 delivery times?

• Creator
    Topic
    paddy1001
    Participant

Hi all,

We ordered an Ioniq 5 through the scheme in the middle of April, our dealer was unable to find a vehicle with the spec we wanted in stock so advised it would likely be a factory build. As of Friday past they have been unable to give a date that we might expect to get the car as they apparently haven’t been given a date from Hyundai. Does this seem right?
      To be honest I would rather wait to get the updated version but I am somewhat confused that the dealer hasn’t received a date yet and wondering are they hoping there will be one appear from stock with the spec I want? When questioned they denied all knowledge of an updated model coming out later this year.

What sort of lead times are others been given for the factory build Ioniq 5 and will it be an updated model or current model?

Many thanks,

K

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      BillyTang
      Spectator

Ordered Ionic 5 Namsan on the 26th May. Quoted 9 months minimum as it is a factory build and none available in the dealer (?) network. Originally ordered Ecotronic Grey but had to change to Gravity Gold as Hyundai changed the colour options available for this batch of orders. 9 months lead time must mean that it’s going to be a 2025 model if they have changed over production now. Any ideas how Hyundai match the models from old to new or whether it’s likely they’ll find a 2023/24 version somewhere?

Unfortunately your vehicle will not be a the facelift, Hyundai have already confirmed the Namsan will be discontinued.

torrac
        Participant

If it’s a factory build and they’ve switched manufacturing over to the new model how can it be a 2023/2024 model? Is it likely they will just cancel the order or will they do what Skoda did with the move from the enyaq 80 to 85?

Rico
          Participant

Ordered Ionic 5 Namsan on the 26th May. Quoted 9 months minimum as it is a factory build and none available in the dealer (?) network. Originally ordered Ecotronic Grey but had to change to Gravity Gold as Hyundai changed the colour options available for this batch of orders. 9 months lead time must mean that it’s going to be a 2025 model if they have changed over production now. Any ideas how Hyundai match the models from old to new or whether it’s likely they’ll find a 2023/24 version somewhere?

I would cancel and if prepared to travel, there is a Nasman in Ecotronic grey 24 model sitting in marshels ashford unregistered.

Ioniq
            Participant

Just to add my experience today with this – I spoke to a local dealer asking if they had any Ultimate spec in stock. He looked on his system and said there were none in the country. He then said if I did a factory order it would definitely be the MY25 model with possibility of a car in October, but probably December

I did what you did last Wednesday asked a Hyundai dealer (not local to me) if they could find me an Ultimate AWD,he came back within an hour and said there are two a black and a white one at another dealership,which did i prefer,told him my choice,and within minutes he had all my details and the order was logged onto my Motability online account. Badgered him by email today asking for an update…………this is what he said….. > “Yes, I have sourced it and sent payment on Friday, I am waiting for confirmation they have received funds and then will arrange to send a transporter to collect it. Soon as we get delivery sorted I will be in touch ASAP” Anyone know if this is normal practice ? ^^^^

That is correct @Mickc. It is the process my dealership went through in transferring a car from another dealer. Each dealer have accountants to transfer funds between them. Your dealer takes a hit on the transportation costs which can be considerable. As they stated, when the car lands at their garage, they will let you know.

Ioniq
              Participant

I cant even see that with a magnifying glass.

if on computer right click on image and open in new tab, if on phone hold finger on the image and open in new tab, forum not the best for wide images.

On your phone, turn it on its side, landscape mode and use 2 fingers to make it bigger.

MickC
                Participant

Dealer sent me a video of the car they want to supply me,i think its an old model,what do you think ?

In this screenshot the side body trim around the door windows looks like chrome/shiney,this was available on the early Ultimate models ,and on the later models the window surrounds are black.

Jim
                  Participant

It’s black round the windows, that is the protective stickers you can see.

MickC
                    Participant

It’s black round the windows, that is the protective stickers you can see.

I feel much better now you have said that @Jim thanks for telling me.

In the morning do you think i should ask for the MY of the car and pics or a video of all aspects of the car ?

I have to travel 130 miles to see the car in the flesh.

Ioniq
                      Participant

@mickc,
                        Motability would never allow a dealership to push old models, or old MY as it would cost them money when they sell it on.

Like yourself, I phoned Hyundai and asked if they had stock Ultimates, they did at another garage, but the manager said he would have to make sure the MY was the latest as MB would not approve it.

Yes the car is still wrapped in protective film. Its not even been used as a showroom car.

MickC
                        Participant

@mickc, Motability would never allow a dealership to push old models, or old MY as it would cost them money when they sell it on. Like yourself, I phoned Hyundai and asked if they had stock Ultimates, they did at another garage, but the manager said he would have to make sure the MY was the latest as MB would not approve it. Yes the car is still wrapped in protective film. Its not even been used as a showroom car.

Cheers @Ioniq for that info.

Will the supplying dealer know the build date (exactly) of the car i am getting.

I’m just worried in case they try and pull  fast one,i looked online and found that the old 305ps AWD version was still in production in 2022,and the 325ps AWD began production in Dec 2021.

I think i need to know what the car’s KWh is,its either 72.6   or 77.4.

kezo
                          Participant

The car will be MY23> which came with some changes inc 77.4kW battery, increased range and battery preheating.

MY24/25 will be the facelift.

MickC
                            Participant

@Kezo you were right about the year of manufacture,it was built late May 2023,showed me an official document in a personalised video.

He said that all the current applicable TSB will be sorted,if there are any during the PDi.

He has ordered new mats (i bet the originals were nicked).

The charging cable is in the boot,and the V2L is on the rear seat.

I got £250 knocked off as i asked them to match an offer that is currently on Motaclarity.

Not going to pick car up yet,i am going to try and eek it out to the end of the month,when the new Q3 prices might be out early….wink wink.

Rico
                              Participant

@Kezo you were right about the year of manufacture,it was built late May 2023,showed me an official document in a personalised video. He said that all the current applicable TSB will be sorted,if there are any during the PDi. He has ordered new mats (i bet the originals were nicked). The charging cable is in the boot,and the V2L is on the rear seat. I got £250 knocked off as i asked them to match an offer that is currently on Motaclarity. Not going to pick car up yet,i am going to try and eek it out to the end of the month,when the new Q3 prices might be out early….wink wink.

V2l adaptor should be in the boot too (plugs into charge port).  any way here are the 2023 ioniq 5 recalls that need doing.

MickC
                                Participant

Ive cancelled the order something been bugging me about what/where that car has been stood for a long time.

I’m back sniffing at Ford again.

Ele
                                  Participant

New 2025 feature arriving I see

Allowing the user to automatically and now also at will manually activate battery pre-conditioning

The user will also have an idicator showing the levels of achieved pre-conditioning

The new Kona already has this and imo I suspect all other manafactures will soon follow

kezo
                                    Participant

Allowing the user to automatically and now also at will manually activate battery pre-conditioning

I’m sure that was a feature of the 2023 i5.

Rico
                                      Participant

Ive cancelled the order something been bugging me about what/where that car has been stood for a long time. I’m back sniffing at Ford again.

why just because its been sitting at dealers for a while, does not mean its bad, it happens a lot (especially with tech pack and heatpump models etc).. most people dont pop for extras such as relaxation seats, auto parking etc, basically tech pack ones stopped selling well when the ultimate included 360 camera and blind spot cameras in dash from my23, they basically shot them selves in the foot, also a my23 can be up to march as it could of been built in dec 23 lol.

I picked up my my23 on sunday and loving it, espcially the relaxation seats as they have caused comical moments, why my wife was shopping I used them fell asleep and she had to bang on the window to wake me up he he, but it was fun watching on (tech pack) as people in shopping car park yesterday stood there mouths open as it pulled out of the bay on its own with no one in the seat 😛

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Rico.
                                        • This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Rico.
                                        Ele
                                        Participant

It makes mention of the Ioniq 5 features in the link vid as being new

I picked this info up on a l/hand drive video so may differ from the UK spec

May pay to watch and see for yourselves

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 4 days ago by Ele.
                                          Rico
                                          Participant

Ohhh talking of which I had quite a shock, I new the buttons on the tech pack version allowed you to pull the car in and out of super market car spots, but I thought I would try the autopark feature out!…. it said do you want to do this remotely :O so I got out followed the instructions that appeard on screen and held down the button on the keyfob, the person walking past and me stood there jaw dropped as car parked with no one in it from me just holding a button… amazing.

paddy1001
                                            Participant

Just a wee update, which isnt actually an update, car ordered on 17th of April, AWD ultimate with tech pack, ordered white, which isn’t my preferred choice but definitely did not want green, baby blue, black, or matt!
                                              Anyway, dealer couldn’t turn up a stock car so placed a factory order.

Still no idea when the car will be built or delivered.

Ohme installed the charger a week after the order was placed, no idea if it works or not.

if I cancel the order do I need to pay for the charger install?

How do I push motability / Hyundai for a date? Is there any benefit to making noise?

cheers folks,

paddy1001
                                              Participant

Also, if the spec / colours /options change with the new model, do I get a chance to review the options/spec?

Viewing 21 replies - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.