Ioniq 5 delivery times?

• Creator
    Topic
    paddy1001
    Participant

Hi all,

We ordered an Ioniq 5 through the scheme in the middle of April, our dealer was unable to find a vehicle with the spec we wanted in stock so advised it would likely be a factory build. As of Friday past they have been unable to give a date that we might expect to get the car as they apparently haven’t been given a date from Hyundai. Does this seem right?
      To be honest I would rather wait to get the updated version but I am somewhat confused that the dealer hasn’t received a date yet and wondering are they hoping there will be one appear from stock with the spec I want? When questioned they denied all knowledge of an updated model coming out later this year.

What sort of lead times are others been given for the factory build Ioniq 5 and will it be an updated model or current model?

Many thanks,

K

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Participant

Pretty sure it will be the same wait times as the i6, i had to wait almost 6 months for my factory order and was only given a guesstimate delivery date so yes it is normal. They will give you a better idea once the car is built.

----------------------------
        Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate
        Scale modeller in my spare time

Genesos
        Participant

I was told 4 months for factory order, but if Hyundai find a same spec car within their system before then they would supply that, so no guarantee of the new model if ordering now.

We like the Namsan version, which is not being continued with the new model so managed to source a teal green with light grey interior and collecting tomorrow.(£500 off AP and free mats as well!)

Take a look on Autotrader, filtering your search to new Ionig 5 in the spec you would like and see if any are available immediately, although due to the current superb motability offers stock is low.

Dark grey Ultimate, and Cyber Grey Ultimate available from stock as of yesterday in my local dealers

Abercol
          Participant

Could you please share your local dealers name…

Arnold Clark quoted me 6-9 months for an Ultimate AWD Tech pack, same for Namsan (strangely, as they are to be discontinued).

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

Genesos
            Participant

Ultimate in dark grey – Berkeley Vale Hyundai North Bristol 01454803844 – sales chap Darren

Ultimate in Cyber grey – Pebley Beach Hyundai Swindon 01793816800 – sales chap justin

kezo
              Participant

@Genesos which dealer did you get yours from, as not all dealers are offering the discount.

KamKam
                Participant

Ordered an i6 start of Jan ETA is currently July for me.

Genesos
                  Participant

@Genesos which dealer did you get yours from, as not all dealers are offering the discount.

Can I let you know tomorrow, after I have collected the car, don’t want to step on any dealer toes until deal complete for me

kezo
                    Participant

Can I let you know tomorrow, after I have collected the car, don’t want to step on any dealer toes until deal complete for me

👍

lee6613
                      Participant

I was told different things by 2 local dealerships a few weeks back. One said upto 9 months wait and the other said they are not allowed to place an order as the ioniq 5 facelift is due this year, it wouldn’t let them order on the system.

Adrian
                        Participant

Popped in to look inside one today, dealer quoted 6 months “maybe more” in that weird way that they do. As if there’s some kind of magic involved.

But there are plenty new in showrooms if you’re not fussed

"Come on BYD Seal!"
                          paddy1001
                          Participant

Thanks for the replies folks, I ordered a white ultimate AWD with tech pack, I was given a choice of 3 alternative colours that are available from stock, green, gold and the Matt grey colour, really really liked the grey but put off by the paint being difficult to keep, so settled on white. Dealer searched available stock and apparently none to that spec available, so factory order it is.

Looks like I have a bit of a wait ahead of me….

Genesos
                            Participant

Hi Kezo, the dealer who supplied me is Marshall Hyundai Gloucester

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
                            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.