Intermittent electronic beeping Tiguan Allspace

• Creator
    Topic
    tiggy
    Participant

Hi I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem. I picked up my new Tiguan Allspace at the end of April and within the first mile a low level intermittent electronic beeping started. I can only liken it to the sound a dishwasher makes to alert one to the end of the cycle, but quieter. Sometimes the beeps last several minutes with a few seconds in between, but more often than not its every ten seconds or so. VW have had it for a fortnight and denied that there is any problem, even though their ‘master mechanic’ heard it when my husband took him on a test run.. When I have phoned I am told either, yes we’ve heard it or no-one in the workshop can hear it. They rang today to tell us to collect it. Motability have been fantastic throughout and have requested a second opinion. Before I arrange that I would love to hear from anyone else who has experienced the same problem. It’s making my tinnitus much worse!

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      cw
      Participant

Hi, I’ve had a Tiguan for 3.6 years off the scheme, and yeah they ping happy ain’t they.

Tbf they diagnosed the issue with us and turned out to be the steering wheel. It was probably replaced 6 months ago and it’s been fine since thank god. We actually got so used to it we kind of ignored it. But I know a few people that own relatively new VW’s and they all complain about warning sounds!!!

A thing we did was record the pinging when driving let’s say up the motorway. So my partner would get her phone put and video it, so I could show the dealer what was going on.

It was actually the outer skin on the steering wheel that was causing the issues, but they replaced the whole wheel.

Good luck

Ps IF  it keeps playing up and VW won’t help you, I’d suggest asking motability about a possible termination on the car, as apparently the Brand New version is coming on the scheme in July. And possibly order one of those. (But wait to see if it comes on first) they don’t make the all space in the new car though. They’re bringing out a new concept to replace the all space

tiggy
        Participant

Thank you I really appreciate your reply. Was the sound you experienced intermittent (approx 10 times per minute) electronic in origin and quite a high frequency. It only happens when the car is moving.

cw
          Participant

Yeah so some days it wouldn’t ping, but 9 times 9ut of ten it would poxy ping. Some times repeatedly. We’d notice it more on the motorway though. The blimming thing was relentless.

tiggy
            Participant

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, I’ll use this information when I take it for a second opinion.

cw
              Participant

Yeah. But definitely record it on the phone, it’s hard for them to say otherwise. (Passenger to record the speedo, as the warning cones up on the information in between the speedo and rev counter)

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.