Interesting ‘stuff’

• Creator
    Topic
  • #159722 Reply
    Georgie

I thought it might be a good idea if I bit the bullet and just started a Thread dedicated to (what I hope is) general ‘Interesting Stuff’ that doesn’t fit under other existing Threads, rather than keep hijacking the existing ones (as I am want to do at an appalling rate.  Sorry).

Fulfilling an earlier promise, here is a quick bit of poetry first:

They say the sea is cold, but the sea contains
    the hottest blood of all, and the wildest, the most urgent.

(‘Whales Weep Not’ by D. H. Lawrence)

https://neal.fun/deep-sea/?fbclid=IwAR1RK4skwk7tIXw9XocFTkOWblwAYftXvy2YbXVfngsgF8H-qPqiGzRXOwM

Viewing 20 replies - 226 through 245 (of 245 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #184542 Reply
    ajn

Yeah Thanks kezo for the reply, I’ve ordered a net should’ve here on the next day delivery, going to use that at the moment, however my Son will make a good thick wire type guard..

Have a look on YouTube how crafty Herons are, I know I’ve lost a pond full of fish to them, however see them in action is amazing..

Oh and the old decoy plastic Heron thing don’t seem to work after watch the vids..

#184549 Reply
    ajn

kezo the food banks do quite well from as as if we buy the 3 for 2 items we will throw in the 3rd or even both depending on the item, and our use..

However we will be doing a good extra donation as I’m a man of my word.. 👍

20 years of a pond this is the 2nd for a total wipe out, not to bad really..

#184557 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

@ajn we normally give a neighbour the extra one from 3 for 2 and she takes it to the local church foodbank

Never had a pond I always fear they will attract frogs or toads and I don’t like (petrified of) them and I seem to scream and dance like a woman has seen a mouse. Shhhhh dont tell anyone that 🙂

#184563 Reply
    ajn

Wow what a coincidence kezo, spent the last few hours bringing back a battered frog from a bashing from a magpie, looked out could see a magpie pecking and dragging something, turned out to be a frog..

Took a hell of a beating, however placed it to the side in a net, hour or so it came around, swam back in 😳..

Nesting season everything hunting everything

#184569 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

spent the last few hours bringing back a battered frog from

My mind jumped to conclusions and I thought you were going to say chip shop 🙂

Poor thing, bloody magpies are a nuisance, however as much as I don’t like them I’m glad its OK.

#184582 Reply
    ajn

Found the plant/bush/flower …

dark pink azalea

#184596 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Found the plant/bush/flower … dark pink azalea

You lost me mate 🙂

#184597 Reply
    ajn

Awaiting Moderation, it’s ok not important anyway..

#184570 Reply
    ajn

Might make it kezo, I usually hear them doing that weird noise they do from about 8pm & through the night, nice sometimes knowing it’s not just me wide awake at night 🙂..

Might have another plant identification later if your interested, see if I can find out what it is before rattling your brain though..

#184603 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

Might make it kezo, I usually hear them doing that weird noise they do from about 8pm & through the night, nice sometimes knowing it’s not just me wide awake at night ..

Suppose it gives you something to listen to rather than lying awake in silence. I often struggle to sleep and like to get up and stare into the sky. Ive always said I would get a telescope but never got round to it.

Might have another plant identification later if your interested, see if I can find out what it is before rattling your brain though..

No problem put a picture up and we will see if we can work it out 🙂

#184606 Reply
    ajn

px I was wondering what this plant was, however found it now, it’s a dark pink azalea…

#184613 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

px I was wondering what this plant was, however found it now, it’s a dark pink azalea…

Ah I got you @ajn 🙂

#184616 Reply
    ajn

😂 well done kezo, i can’t make sense of it with the time delay of moderation  posts…(delete where needed)

well did my bit to keep the thread going anyway…

Oh yeah frog was in top voice through the night..

#184620 Reply
    kezo
    Participant

well done kezo, i can’t make sense of it with the time delay of moderation  posts

It certainly threw me. One minute we were talking frogs then all of a sudden azalea’s. I was beginning to think my medication was sending me cuckoo, although I don’t need medication for that to happen 🙂

#184721 Reply
    ajn

Off to Worcestershire, Hoping these will keep the Heron away 🤣😂..

worked so far 

#184722 Reply
    ajn

#184729 Reply
    ajn

#184756 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Interested to hear that your clever fake-bloke keeps the herons away. But the tank? Surely a bit over the top… Reckon a simple 88 anti-aircraft flak gun would do the job…

Easier to get in and out of garden than a tank 🙂

#184859 Reply
    ajn

Oh @Tharg I feel I should mention fake bloke is interesting female underneath

#184865 Reply
    ajn

Viewing 20 replies - 226 through 245 (of 245 total)
Reply To: Interesting ‘stuff’
Your information: