Interesting news from Jaguar.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #126124 Reply
    Mossfinn
    Participant

https://apple.news/A4LQScAqqQ-SrT-AyKySoYg

Hopefully link works but it is an article that Jaguar have announced information about their new XE arriving in 2021.
    They are slimming down the range and introducing new engines including a hybrid. What is interesting for us is a new entry level petrol model, 2l which will cost £29,635. This is down from the current starting point of  £34,255 and undercuts the current entry level 3 series BMW which is available to us starting at £31,110.

Interesting to see if this will appear

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #126126 Reply
    Brad

Won’t happen. Jaguar E pace starts at 29k has been around for a few years. Never came on

#126128 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Didn’t JLR say they want to be on the scheme it’s motability that don’t want them ? Correct me if I’m wrong

#126131 Reply
    Lord Muc

You are right, it’s too political to have JLR on the scheme, they were all set to go 5 years ago, and jlr placed adverts in the press and the dealers had the training. Then, boom motobility pulled the plug..

#126133 Reply
    simplman

201 BHP  ?  Thats if i read it right.

#126134 Reply
    Stav

I say if its made in UK and protects jobs plus is under the cap, then it has to come on , unless daily mail readers have shares in foreign car manufacturers.

#126137 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Honestly they lost so many jobs last year, just makes sense to branch into the motability market for any brand imo, I know for a fact some brands use us as marketing eg Audi with their a4, put it on for a limited time, then non motability customers would see them more on the road and look into getting them

#126172 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Motability probably don’t want Land Rover on the scheme because their dreadful cars spend more time getting fixed at the dealer’s than they do on the road!

#126174 Reply
    Mossfinn

We are talking about Jaguar, not Landrover.
    My daughters have had 2 XEs without any problems and loved them.

#126178 Reply
    BionicRusty
    Participant

I while heartedly agree with @solent60

I have had Jagaura when they were owned by both Ford and Tata.
    The most unreliable cars ever.
    Worst being a top spec XF that had nearly £10K’s worth of repairs by the time it was three and then, just out of warranty, the engine, which had been lovingly serviced by jaguar since day one, literally ate itself. The lovelies at JLR wanted £10K for an engine plus a few more £K’s for turbos and extras.

No. Jaguar do not belong here.

🏎 I will be remembered for nothing but had great fun doing it 🏎

#126193 Reply
    Ian

Makes me laugh that people are battering Jag for reliability, Alfa Romeo are on the list!

I had one, with 3 gearboxes!

As for annoying the daily fail readers, we have Mercedes-Benz on the list, a luxury hi end manufacturer.

Having said that, I’d be the first to order an F-type RS if they fancy putting it on.

#126197 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

All cars suffer problems in one way or another. I have had nightmares with French cars yet some swear by them, i for one would welcome any make or marque on the scheme in fact the more choice the better and lets face it it`s not like we have to pay to fix them is it ?

----------------------------
    Tiguan SEL Auto in Tungsten Silver
    Metal Detectorist & scale modeller
    in my spare time

#126232 Reply
    RICHARD WAITES

Yes, I hope it appears. With so many models disappearing anything to improve choice would be welcomed by me.

#126239 Reply
    Georgie

Over the years the engine seized solid on our Rover 200 coupe (197bhp – electric blue and awesome for the time) and had to be replaced; the Renault Laguna (slow and very under-powered for its weight, but we had less than a week to choose a new car before DH went to Australia for 3 months) had a recurring oil leak, and was not entirely waterproof either; and the Alfa (one of those 3 digit models, black and curvy) broke down and left us stranded 3 times in 4 years (or was it 4 times in 3 years) – all electrical faults, all different, all needed to go to the garage for repair.

Conversely, the second Rover (a red saloon, don’t remember what) and the Renault Clio (black and fast, but hard on the spine) were both fine.

Never had any trouble with any of the 3 Audi TT’s either.

My 2 Vauxhall GTC’s were fine.  My current VW Golf GT keeps getting ‘sticky brakes’ – they don’t release smoothly when they’re hot.  Fixed once at the garage  after 6 months, and now starting to recur after another 12 months.

#126247 Reply
    Tharg

Suspect that Motability won’t let Jags on scheme because the Mail would notice that cripps are once again being allowed free super-luxury limousines. They will then come down on us again to remove all of the interesting cars which have not already been censored (like the Giulia, almost all Audis particularly Quattros, Merc 4×4 saloons, VW T-Roc 4X4 etc. – these were all on list late last year, and on my shortlist, now they and anything like them are gone.)

#126251 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Yes, all car makes can (and do) have problems whether small or something more major. But in the here & now, Land/Range Rover cars are consistently bottom of any survey you care to choose when it comes to reliability & owner dissatisfaction.

#126257 Reply
    Mossfinn
    Participant

I think some people confuse the reliability of Landrovers with Jaguars. The former have issues but Jaguar have a pretty good reputation for reliability.
    Many marques have reputations which are at odds with real life. Many call for the introduction of Tesla but a recent Which Survey has Tesla and Rangerover as the two most unreliable vehicles.

#126313 Reply
    Harry

My dad in the last 5 years has had 2 XEs one facelift and the og one and both have been 100% reliable. The XE is such a nice car to drive i love them.

#126393 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Suspect that Motability won’t let Jags on scheme because the Mail would notice that cripps are once again being allowed free super-luxury limousines. They will then come down on us again to remove all of the interesting cars which have not already been censored (like the Giulia, almost all Audis particularly Quattros, Merc 4×4 saloons, VW T-Roc 4X4 etc. – these were all on list late last year, and on my shortlist, now they and anything like them are gone.)

Tharg, the T-Roc 4Motion is still available with a £999 AP.

I also believe the whole issue of Jaguars and Land Rovers on Motability will be political.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#126396 Reply
    Dave G
    Participant

I’m always told any diesel vehicle is reliable, end of the day, the driver is part to blame in how rough they handle the vehicle etc. Part of me says 90% is down to factory builds. The amount of cheap work I could show you what has been done on my factory built VW Golf GT would shock you.

Georgie, I agree with the “sticky brakes” situation as I am experiencing high levels of it. Especially the auto-hold function goodness me, dangerous of them all! End of the day what does the dealer do? Deny it until major problems happen as usual.

There are pros and cons. A vehicle could be built with 100% reliability but the driver can ruin it in a instance vice versa.

#126408 Reply
    alan1302
    Participant

Jaguars and Land Rovers on Motability will be political.

What is political about it?  There are already premium makes Audi/BMW/Mercedes on the scheme – what makes JLR any different?

#126416 Reply
    Aygo1991
    Participant

Jaguars and Land Rovers on Motability will be political.

What is political about it? There are already premium makes Audi/BMW/Mercedes on the scheme – what makes JLR any different?

Just re-read the post I responded to and realised I posted my response in haste. Not political but would definitely be picked up and further scrutinised by the media. Sorry for any miscommunication.

Motability cars:

2015 RR Evoque AWD 2.0 TD4 SE Tech - written off
    2017 Toyota CH-R 1.2T Dynamic CVT AWD - written off
    2019 BMW X2 2.0L Sport

#126422 Reply
    Harry

Mercedes, BMW and Audi are far more desirable than Jaguar these days and they are on the sceme.

#126444 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

Surely as political statements go, putting JLR on the scheme would be positive news. Protecting British jobs should be number one on anyones agenda at this moment in time. If anything, the Government should be lobying Motability to get British made cars on the scheme asap.

#126449 Reply
    Tharg

@Aygo1991 You are, of course, absolutely right. T-Roc 4×4 still there. Was misled by Motability Car Search screen display saying “remove from comparison“. I thought this was an instruction, not an option! Thanks for putting me right.

Viewing 24 replies - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
Reply To: Interesting news from Jaguar.
Your information: