inquiry to begin into dwp’s-treatment-of-ill and disabled people on benifits.

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 4 weeks ago by Ele.
Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Replies
    Phaedra
    Participant

@kezo  Link not working

This one is the article on The Guardian website, unfortunately they use a paywall and want people to register for free to use it.
      If you just click on “I’ll do it later” you should be able to read it.

https://www.theguardian.com/society/article/2024/may/22/inquiry-to-begin-into-dwps-treatment-of-ill-and-disabled-people-on-benefits

Please excuse spelling/typos. Apart from being a clot it turns out I had one on my cerebellum that's now causing various problems!

kezo
      Participant

Thanks @Phaedra your link is without paywall. It was also a Guardian link I posted of msn news feed and there were several other papers covering the same story 🙂

joss

Also this: Disabled claimant gets £50k compensation for work coach bullying.

From Benefits & Work web site

A claimant has received £50,000 in compensation because of “victimising”, “unlawful” and “oppressive” behaviour by a Jobcentre Disability Employment Adviser and work coaches.

The profoundly deaf claimant was in receipt of JSA and spent 6 years trying to get proper support to move into work from his local jobcentre in Leeds.

But staff there:

repeatedly failed to provide the claimant with a BSL interpreter;
          sanctioned him, after providing a poorly qualified interpreter whose lack of skills prevented the claimant from providing evidence that he was looking for work;
          refused to give the claimant access to video conferencing calls during and after the pandemic;
          sent an internal email suggesting that the claimant had already used too many Jobcentre resources and needed ‘firm work coaching’ using directions and sanctions.

Read more

Joss
          Current car: Peugeot 308 GT Premium 1.2 Pure tech Petrol.

Rich44
          Participant

Glad he got a result shame none of this will change a damn thing though. I just don’t get why the people act like it’s their money when as a employer they treat their staff so badly too

Ele
            Participant

I predict the inquiry will suggest that medical experts are allowed to add more weight to correct entitlement

Merry-go-round

In other words back to how it was before

Viewing 5 replies - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
            • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.