If the ID4 came on the scheme

• This topic has 23 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 1 month ago by marcus.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #137472 Reply
    Brydo

If the ID 4 came on the scheme, depending on the AP, I would be approaching motability to see about returning our xc40.

We have only had it four weeks, so not sure what their response would be 😂.

Of course if they say no then we will just move on and see what the next three years bring.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #137474 Reply
    martinod

brydo  to return the car so soon i think you would need to give them a good reason , somethings like its costing to much to run , or your in pain driving it or seat cause you pain . something like that i dont thing you would get away with saying you prefer the id4

i watch reviews on it , you can get it in 4×4 as well great or me .

theres always newer cars coming on after you pick your car , thats what happens to me

#137476 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Had to return Vauxhall Antara early a few years back. My lack of mobility worsened and couldn’t do the climb up into the thing. Access problems seems to work as a sound reason for Motability.

Would be tempted to think about swapping (early) the Mini for an ID3 IF it ever came on scheme. Mini access OK but the brick-sprung suspension is getting a bit wearing.

#137477 Reply
    vinalspin
    Participant

Thinking about returning mine because of the terrible ACC, I’ve put up with it for almost a year now but now it’s raining more it just stops working all the time, gonna see what I need to do to return.

#137496 Reply
    martinod

vinalspin iv never used AC i was told years ago it uses fuel so iv never used it

#137500 Reply
    Brydo

ACC, Adaptive Cruise Control, I think martinod.

#137501 Reply
    martinod

ok

#137503 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

Brydo as long as they think the excuse is fine they’ll just charge you up to £250 for the cancellation fee and return your whatever’s left of your AP, which in your case would be most of it, process just takes 15min to get done and you’ll be able to order straight away

#137504 Reply
    Brydo

All we need now is it to appear on the scheme with a decent AP.

#137505 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

With the appalling MPG that the XC40 has – I’m surprised that anyone chooses it on the Motability scheme… unless you’re not bothered about the cost to your wallet of course.

Does anyone do their homework before ordering a car?

#137507 Reply
    Brydo

Solent as you can see from the many xc40 posts there is a wide range of mpg quoted. I have had low 20’s to high 30’s recorded on journey’s, and it is a very cold winter. So the jury is out on my personal mpg. My reason for changing is the ID4 is the first BEV my good lady likes and, as you know, I’m a big fan of EV’s.

Getting back on topic do you think motability would allow me to change so soon after the start of our contract?

#137508 Reply
    Carl

I would imagine you would have to have a good reason to change after a few weeks or months of having a vehicle (issues with the car, the vehicle not being fit for the disability etc), I doubt that mobility would allow you to change just because a better car came onto the scheme.

#137509 Reply
    solent60
    Participant

Solent as you can see from the many xc40 posts there is a wide range of mpg quoted. I have had low 20’s to high 30’s recorded on journey’s, and it is a very cold winter. So the jury is out on my personal mpg. My reason for changing is the ID4 is the first BEV my good lady likes and, as you know, I’m a big fan of EV’s. Getting back on topic do you think motability would allow me to change so soon after the start of our contract?

I’ve never changed cars during a 3-year lease Brydo (apart from when my MINI Cooper was written off), so I have no idea if they would be happy to terminate a lease early due to low MPG. At a guess, I’d say the first question Motability would ask is did you research the MPG of the Volvo before ordering it? You might have to go down another route… like tell a little porky that it’s really uncomfortable or something similar.

I know a number of customers terminate their cars early for varying reasons. No doubt someone will be along soon to offer more advice than I could ever hope to!

#137512 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

I’m really surprised that anyone thought they could get good mpg from the XC40 as it’s a widely known trait of the vehicle and has been extensively covered on here with some of the posts being at least a year ago.

#137513 Reply
    Brydo

So “I prefer EVs” is unlikely to wash lol.

Now you mention it I get a really bad pain in the kneck when driving it, but only when the wife’s with me lol..

#137523 Reply
    72 dudes

@Elliot and @Solent 60.

I agree. We’ve had our XC40 for over 10 months now.

I did my sums based on it achieving 29 MPG (T4 turbo petrol 2.0) having previously had a Q3 1.4 TFSi S tronic, which managed 36.1 over the 3 years we had it. I’m not heavy footed and have been an advanced driver since 1985, so clearly the Q3 was not great to start with!

The fact that the XC40 is returning 32.4 average to date is therefore quite pleasing. 😀

The thing is, out of the 5 cars we test drove, the XC40 was head and shoulders above the rest (3008, X1, DS7 Crossback, CX5).

People get far too hung up on MPG. For many people, the difference between getting 35 and 40 MPG is a few hundred pounds a year. That is unless you’re doing fairly high mileage for work etc, in which case I understand that the XC40 petrol would disappoint and cost more than expected.

#137524 Reply
    72 dudes

#137525 Reply
    Brydo

72 Dudes 👍👍👍👍👍

#137526 Reply
    JS

one Factor to consider when giving a reason for change is that it may effect your future choice of Vehicle. Any and Every reason given is recorded and kept on file by Motability. Caution on the wording and reasoning for rejecting a vehicle is needed as you may well be narrowing your future type of vehicle approved by Motability.

#137527 Reply
    martinod

js i see your reasoning but i disagree because regardless of someones reason to return now their situation can change health finance ect

#137528 Reply
    JS

hence the caution in wording and reasoning

#137538 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

There’s two types of cancelling, one is wanting to change due to chairs not being comfy anymore etc, you’re allowed two of those (you pay £250 for this)

The other type of cancellation is if there’s something actually wrong with the car and it’s not fixable eg my 3008 screen stopped working (screen controls the heat/AC/nav, tried 5 times to fix it, was assigned a case manager from motability to deal with it, once it was deemed it’s not fixable they returned my full AP and no cancellation fee, I asked if this counts as a “cancellation” the case manager told me no as it’s not actually coming from me

#137629 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

I cancelled my 3008 9 months in due to the seats been awful and uncomfortable, this however would never have been apparent on a test drive choose how long it was. Still not sure to this day if it was a manufacturing fault or not but there is no way on this earth i could have continued to drive it. Motability were brilliant and they allowed me to chose another car, they wavered the £250 cancellation fee and even refunded half of my AP.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#137714 Reply
    marcus

motability are brilliant and understanding, my dad found out he had non hodgkins blood cancer 2 years ago stage 4 and told he had probably 8 months at best, motability let me change early from my measly 34 mpg if i was lucky to a diesel as i wanted to make more than 1 trip a week to see him (148 mile round trip).

So they can be excellent

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: If the ID4 came on the scheme
Your information: