If Subaru could be tempted back…

• Creator
    Topic
    Macca

Sadly after a recent enquiry to Subaru, they still tell me that they have no plans to rejoin the scheme.

I think thats a great shame personally as the new Forester looks great with big improvements to the interior, and having dropped diesel engines will offer a petrol self charging ‘e-boxer’ hybrid.

So am I alone in being drawn to unique cars, or here’s the question, would you have an interest in a Subaru if Motability could tempt them back to the scheme?

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 105 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      kezo
      Participant

I guess Subaru didn’t want to give them away!

Never say never @Macca 🙂

Macca
        Participant

Its all a money game at the end of the day Kezo. Those 6 stars aint aligning just yet.

Gonna put a lease extension in place at the weekend and chill out for now. Stay in the Volvo and see what develops.

Rubble

I read on a Motability page, a Subaru dealer saying, unfortunately they won’t be joining the scheme in Q3. ☹️

Macca
            Participant

What I posted earlier in the thread is that the dealer was advised its not hapoening this year. But who knows with these things.

All i know is that until it happens, then it aint happening at all

Ah well, its only a car ??‍♂️

Macca

So I heard a touch more abput this yesterday.

Appently talks between Motability and Subaru stalled because they couldn’t reach agreement on residual values.

Its a shame given the marketing push we are currently seeing from Subaru, you would think yhey would see the Motability scheme as a desirable sales route for new registrations.

Macca

So, whilst we are yet to see Subaru and Motability kiss and make up, the japanese crew have previewed the 2025 Forester.

Minimal footage out there still, but this gives a flavour of what’s on the way.

Looks huge but I think we need to remember that the reviewer isn’t the tallest lad ?

Macca

And a glimpse of the Sport trim with bronze accents ….

Gotta love that the reviewer is called Mike Danger ?

Macca

Definitely liking the new Sport trim ….

Macca
                      Participant

So it looks like Subaru have rejoined the Scheme, with one dealer advising that the price list will update on Monday, but thst orders can be placed from now ….

MissingSound7
                        Participant

@Macca – If Subaru actually comes on, well done mate. Kept this thread going for 4 and a half years, asked the right questions, reported back here what you’d learned, impressive. I’m new here but it was nice just reading back through this thread and seeing a (hopefully) positive ending.

Good work.

Macca
                          Participant

Never expected the premium spec of Forester to come on, but looks like it has ?

Nas89
                            Participant

Really would of thought they would of included the solterra as its basically a rebadges bz4x.

Macca
                              Participant

Not that it’s of interest to me, but i’m surprised there’s no mention of the Crosstrek

Elliot
                                Participant

Just seen a couple of reviews of the Forester and they don’t make good reading.

Macca
                                  Participant

We’ll see what we make of it in time, alongside the Mazda CX-5, and hopefully the KGM Torres

Macca
                                    Participant

Well, it was quite a surreal day today guys.

Our Volvo XC40 was ready to be returned. We had it for 45 months and it was a cracking car.

Condition wise the Volvo was just as good today as it was on day one, with the exception of one small scuff on the nearside front wheel (which ironically, I only did at the 44 month stage, yeah I was really pleased about that ….. not 🤬). So we achieved the good condition bonus easily which is very welcome.

So over 5 years after beginning to campaign for Subaru’s return to the scheme, and just 3 weeks after placing our order, we took delivery of a Forester XE Premium in Horizon Blue Pearl today.

We cannot fault the service we received at Burns Garages of Congleton, so if you’re interested in a Subaru and are in their locale then I would certainly recommend them. They are a long standing family run operation who place huge importance on customer service, no matter how you are funding the vehicle.

We dealt with Neil Harrison at Burns and again, no complaints whatsoever, and we can happily recommend him. His email address is should you need it is :

newcarsales@burnsgarages.co.uk

So first impressions of the car, both I and my wife love it much more than the Volvo, and the Volvo had set a high bar , I feel its a nicer drive, I feel the brakes are better, and the considerable visibility in the car is very welcome. It feels a very stable drive given its permanent AWD system.

Picking this vehicle was never about expecting good fuel economy, after all its a fair sized SUV with AWD. That said after picking it up, on day one it was returning 50mpg on the motorway, and 32mpg around town.

For me, on a 2 lire normally aspirated petrol car of that size with the AWD kit engineered in, I’ve no complaints with that. And it will only improve over time.

So I’ll spend some time over the next few days personalising the settings to suit me, and get more familiar with the car. Have to say though, we’re very happy with our choice 😁👌

kezo
                                      Participant

Lovely colour Enjoy 🙂

Macca
                                        Participant

Cheers Kezo, yeah definitely made the right choice on colour.

Spent a good whole getting familiar with the car, pairing my phone,  personalising settings etc.

Mpg is improving too.

It feels a cavernous drive, and very comfortable on 18″ alloys with higher profile tyres, over the Volvo’s  20″ alloys with lower profile tyres.

The volvo was never uncomfortable as such, I just find the Subaru a more cushy ride.

Participant

Well, it was quite a surreal day today guys. Our Volvo XC40 was ready to be returned. We had it for 45 months and it was a cracking car. Condition wise the Volvo was just as good today as it was on day one, with the exception of one small scuff on the nearside front wheel (which ironically, I only did at the 44 month stage, yeah I was really pleased about that ….. not 🤬). So we achieved the good condition bonus easily which is very welcome. So over 5 years after beginning to campaign for Subaru’s return to the scheme, and just 3 weeks after placing our order, we took delivery of a Forester XE Premium in Horizon Blue Pearl today. We cannot fault the service we received at Burns Garages of Congleton, so if you’re interested in a Subaru and are in their locale then I would certainly recommend them. They are a long standing family run operation who place huge importance on customer service, no matter how you are funding the vehicle. We dealt with Neil Harrison at Burns and again, no complaints whatsoever, and we can happily recommend him. His email address is should you need it is : newcarsales@burnsgarages.co.uk So first impressions of the car, both I and my wife love it much more than the Volvo, and the Volvo had set a high bar , I feel its a nicer drive, I feel the brakes are better, and the considerable visibility in the car is very welcome. It feels a very stable drive given its permanent AWD system. Picking this vehicle was never about expecting good fuel economy, after all its a fair sized SUV with AWD. That said after picking it up, on day one it was returning 50mpg on the motorway, and 32mpg around town. For me, on a 2 lire normally aspirated petrol car of that size with the AWD kit engineered in, I’ve no complaints with that. And it will only improve over time. So I’ll spend some time over the next few days personalising the settings to suit me, and get more familiar with the car. Have to say though, we’re very happy with our choice 😁👌

Car looks gorgeous Macca! Really glad you like it so much too.

I have been hanging on to see it the Torres AWD makes an appearance on the scheme to compare it against the Forester but I’m not sure how much longer I can hold out, especially when I read comments like yours above!

I’m deep into my two year lease extension now so a decision needs to be made very, very soon. I can see a Forester appearing on the drive here too soon, especially if I show the wife your car pic as she loved the Suburu on test drive!

Macca
                                            Participant

I had an interest in the Torres too, but it’s not been getting great reviews. Plus they deleted the gearstick for the UK, and call me old fashioned but I do like a gearstick, even in an auto.

Having had the Foz for 6 days now I really can’t see the Torres being a patch on the Japanese machine. For me at least its a superb SUV.

Go with your gut Willis, and remember the Subaru is permanent AWD, not 2WD and then reactive 😉

Macca
                                              Participant

In our case there was no discount to be had from the AP, but the dealer was good to us. He put the floormats in, almost half a tank of fuel, and as I look after our motors, the dealer very generously gave us a complimentary Diamondbrite car care kit.

I asked for the Subaru tailored low cargo mat, and the Subaru front and rear shaped mudflaps. They supplied and fitted all of those for £160. Very happy with that 👌

Participant

I had an interest in the Torres too, but it’s not been getting great reviews. Plus they deleted the gearstick for the UK, and call me old fashioned but I do like a gearstick, even in an auto. Having had the Foz for 6 days now I really can’t see the Torres being a patch on the Japanese machine. For me at least it’s a superb SUV. Go with your gut Willis, and remember the Subaru is permanent AWD, not 2WD and then reactive 😉

I am definitely swinging towards the Forester. It’s got just about everything I want and need in a car. If I had one tiny quibble it was the lack of ground clearance but this is outweighed by its superb off road capability compared to other so called SUVs. To be fair, my off roading nowadays is limited to crossing the occasional field of wet grass and gravel roads so I’m probably being stupid worrying about ground clearance.
                                                  I think I might suggest a return trip to the Suburu dealer to the wife.

Macca
                                                  Participant

If that’s the extent of your cross country Willis it will be fine fella 👍

kezo
                                                    Participant

I had an interest in the Torres too, but it’s not been getting great reviews. Plus they deleted the gearstick for the UK, and call me old fashioned but I do like a gearstick, even in an auto. Having had the Foz for 6 days now I really can’t see the Torres being a patch on the Japanese machine. For me at least it’s a superb SUV. Go with your gut Willis, and remember the Subaru is permanent AWD, not 2WD and then reactive 😉

I am definitely swinging towards the Forester. It’s got just about everything I want and need in a car. If I had one tiny quibble it was the lack of ground clearance but this is outweighed by its superb off road capability compared to other so called SUVs. To be fair, my off roading nowadays is limited to crossing the occasional field of wet grass and gravel roads so I’m probably being stupid worrying about ground clearance. I think I might suggest a return trip to the Suburu dealer to the wife.

Willis only 4 out of 12 cars past all four tests, was the Forester one of them and did it pass with flying colours!

Answers on a postcard please…

Participant

I loved that video Kezo, cheers for posting it!
                                                        Yep, the Forester certainly smashed anything they put in front of it, with flying colours for sure! I can’t see myself tackling anything like those situations nowadays.

Suburu appointment sooner rather than later I think!

Viewing 25 replies - 76 through 100 (of 105 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.