If Subaru could be tempted back…

• Creator
    Topic
    Macca

Sadly after a recent enquiry to Subaru, they still tell me that they have no plans to rejoin the scheme.

I think thats a great shame personally as the new Forester looks great with big improvements to the interior, and having dropped diesel engines will offer a petrol self charging ‘e-boxer’ hybrid.

So am I alone in being drawn to unique cars, or here’s the question, would you have an interest in a Subaru if Motability could tempt them back to the scheme?

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 105 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Macca

A wee tit bit of info from Unity Subaru, that the Forester Sport ‘may’ make an appearance on the scheme from June.

Time will tell if there is any meat on those bones, but its encouraging ….

Macca

So a wee cheeky question was posed to Motability’s Supplier Relations officer live at the first day of the big event at Birmingham today.

Whilst he wasn’t wanting to discuss model specifics, he did comment that discussions with Subaru have gone really well, and he expects to see them return to the scheme in the near future.

The first real positive indication from someone actually in the know.

Yes ?

wmcforum
          Which Mobility Car

If Scooby-do arrive back on the Scheme, they should build a statue of you outside HQ.

Macca

It aint for the want of trying thats for sure

kezo
              Participant

If Scooby-do arrive back on the Scheme, they should build a statue of you outside HQ.

Lets hope @Macca ancestors did nothing wrong or it wouldn’t be up 5 minutes lol.

Macca

To be fair, any such statue would be pretty hard on the eye, and would probably deserve to be pulled down and dumped ?.

No accolades required here guys, i’ll just be very happy to see their very capable Forester SUV join the current raft of offerings.

Its not over the line yet so I won’t get ahead of myself. Keeping eveything crossed though that it comes good?

kezo
                  Participant

What are the chances Macca?

Macca

Well, the Motability officer gave a very clear and positive indication on Subaru rejoining the scheme, following positive duscussions. The question though is if they do rejoin, will they just offer the XV (soon to be called Crosstrek) or will they offer the Forester too.

I recently contacted the importer IM Group to give them feedback on what would likely work for the motability customer base.

The issue with the XV is that its a jacked up Impreza, its compact for anyone of my height, and is a bit tricky to get in and out of. It also has a compact boot.

The Forester however addresses all of those issues.

They offered both the XV and the Forester when they were last on scheme in 2014, so i’m just hoping the ‘powers that be’ come good, and offer a range of models and specs to suit a wants and needs.

RogerWilko

I think there may be a better chance of getting the Solterra EV onto the scheme

Macca

I can definitely see that the Solterra would have been a part of the discussions Roger, and given what we are seeing with the Audi and Volvo offerings, i won’t be at all surprised if it makes it on albeit at a high AP.

Personally, I favour the Forester for our needs, but as the Gas Monkey himself, Richard Rawlins said ….

“there’s an ass for every seat”

?

kezo
                          Participant

Well, the Motability officer gave a very clear and positive indication on Subaru rejoining the scheme, following positive duscussions. The question though is if they do rejoin, will they just offer the XV (soon to be called Crosstrek) or will they offer the Forester too. I recently contacted the importer IM Group to give them feedback on what would likely work for the motability customer base. The issue with the XV is that its a jacked up Impreza, its compact for anyone of my height, and is a bit tricky to get in and out of. It also has a compact boot. The Forester however addresses all of those issues. They offered both the XV and the Forester when they were last on scheme in 2014, so i’m just hoping the ‘powers that be’ come good, and offer a range of models and specs to suit a wants and needs.

I’ll keep my ? for you 🙂

Macca

Fate Kezo, if its meant to happen then it will. If its not then who knows … may end up in a Tiguan R Line, Nissan X Trail, or a Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line ?

kezo
                              Participant

Fate Kezo, if its meant to happen then it will. If its not then who knows … may end up in a Tiguan R Line, Nissan X Trail, or a Mazda CX-5 Exclusive Line ?

I do like the Mada CX-60 but not enough for the AP they want!

Macca

Well, i’m crossing my fingers that the Forester XE Premium makes it onto the scheme, but time will tell …

Macca
                                  Participant

So WMC Forum, I do remember Subaru last joining the scheme in 2014, as documented here :

https://www.whichmobilitycar.co.uk/new-motability-prices-q4-1st-october-2014/

Do you happen to have a record of the vehicles, specs and AP’s that were offered at that time?

Cheers ?

wmcforum
                                    Which Mobility Car

@macca

I’m sure I will have all the info. I’m away from my desk until Friday but will have a look at the documents I have stored on the system and not on my desktop.

Macca
                                      Participant

Nice one WMC?

Macca
                                        Participant

Did you have any joy in your archives WMC ?

wmcforum
                                          Which Mobility Car

Thanks for reminding me. I’m sorry, it slipped my mind.

wmcforum
                                            Which Mobility Car

@Macca

Subaru were last on the Scheme in Q4 2016,  The Forester and the XV, as well as these two listed from the old ‘Guide’ the automatic cars were avaialble at a £500 top up to the Advance Payment.

Macca
                                              Participant

Cheers WMC ?.

Its funny how the memory plays tricks, I thought the Forester had been offered in XE Premium but looks like my mind was playing tricks on me ?.

wmcforum
                                                Which Mobility Car

Cheers WMC ?. Its funny how the memory plays tricks, I thought the Forester had been offered in XE Premium but looks like my mind was playing tricks on me ?.

I’ll check each quarter back from Q4 2016 to see if there are any changes.

wmcforum
                                                  Which Mobility Car

The only change I can see is the removal (for Q4 2016) of the XV Diesel Manual at £1999 that was previously available.

Macca
                                                    Participant

Many thanks for your diligent checking WMC.

Lets hope that if they do rejoin in Q4, then a sensible view has been taken on needs and wants, and that a reasonable choice is presented, and the decision on whether AP’s are affordable are given over to the customer ?

Macca
                                                      Participant

Well, i did say that until it was over the line then its still a waiting game.

Sounds like the waiting will carry on after a clued up Subaru dealer posted this to another group earlier ….

Just had a heads up that unfortunately on this occasion Subaru will not be coming onto the scheme however that does not mean the situation may not change next year ?”

Negotiations eh, they don’t always go well it seems.

Viewing 25 replies - 51 through 75 (of 105 total)
                                                      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.