If Carlsberg did test drives……..

• Creator
    Topic
  • #145566 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I know some of us are having a tough time getting decent test drives at the moment so I just thought I would try and reassure people that it’s not all bad news and we certainly are not treated any differently to any other customers just because we are getting ours through Motability.

Big shout out to Vertu BMW Malton (Leon the motability guy especially).Took our 2 series Gran tourer for MOT, oil change etc today. When I arrived he had arranged for the courtesy car  to be a 2 series Gran Coupe Msport as he knew this was on my shortlist. Told to bring it back before 6 (9 hours) so I could pick girls up from school etc. Can’t fault the service and that GTD I have on order subject to test drive is looking decidedly dodgy!

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #145581 Reply
    trevor7979

Big shout out as well to Stratstone BMW harrogate. When my X1 2.0d sport went in  for service a couple of weeks ago they gave me for the day an X4 40i Motorsport! 10 miles on the clock. Oh I wish I could afford such a beast.

#145585 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Had a call to say our 220d xdrive needs a new gearbox! Not good for 43000 miles. Glad I’m not paying for that one!

#145586 Reply
    Michael

Doesn’t reflect good on you Richardw must be the way the car has been driven to need a new gearbox already.

#145592 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Doesn’t reflect good on you Richardw must be the way the car has been driven to need a new gearbox already.

impossible to say what the cause was. I had an X1 and the auto box developed a  fault after just 3 month’s.  Terminated contract after 6 months.

#145594 Reply
    Richard

@Michael I really don’t think that called for at all. No need to insult people, gearboxes are complex beasts & can go wrong.

I’ve had dozens of vehicles company cars and the like & I’ve seen all kinds of breakdowns it’s not “me” as I look after my cars, don’t drive like a loony & they were full maintenance leases so everything was done on time as necessary

1998 Vauxhall combo van gearbox fault needed replacement box

2000 Ford focus new battery & wiring after factory defect shorted it & blew it up. After that car went in for whistling turbo under 15,000 miles, 50-60 times for aircon faults eventually they replaced the compressor & fixed it.

79,000 miles shell bearing collapsed on piston 3 & blew engine up, new short engine rwqd that Ford paid for

85,000 head gasket went blew coolant bottle up, just as handed car back to chap who has to drive it from Norwich to Liverpool starting at 9pm lol

Anyway they’re complex parts & things go wrong doesn’t mean bad owner sane as 1 case doesn’t mean bad manufacturer.

Unlike say vauxhall with their 1.4 16v engines that self destructed.

#145595 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

As a qualified driving instructor I’m going to disagree with you on that one. Pretty steady life I would say. It had a fault  6 months or so ago when it had to be reprogrammed as apparently it had forgotten how to change gear!

#145596 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

Thanks for your comments Richard and twippers. Just for the record I think having a go at me was completely uncalled for. Be careful what you say, keyboard warriors everywhere!

#145601 Reply
    Elliot
    Participant

A car can go wrong at anytime. Could be a simple case of component failure. Very difficult to mistreat an auto box anyway.

#145602 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Had a call to say our 220d xdrive needs a new gearbox! Not good for 43000 miles. Glad I’m not paying for that one!

The ZF gearbox  is a known common fault

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

#145604 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Thanks for your comments Richard and twippers. Just for the record I think having a go at me was completely uncalled for. Be careful what you say, keyboard warriors everywhere!

I don’t believe I did “have a go”, quite the opposite.  I was trying to point out to another poster it was  impossible to know the reason for the fault.

#145606 Reply
    Richardw
    Participant

I think you’ve read that wrong twippers, I was referring to the earlier comment from Michael and was actually thanking you for your support.

#145608 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

I must have had one too many!!. Many thanks.

Viewing 12 replies - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
Reply To: If Carlsberg did test drives……..
Your information: