Ice creams 😋

• Creator
    Topic
  • #140608 Reply
    Lou

good evening everyone,

Has anyone given the new creme egg ice creams a go? Look really nice but haven’t tried any yet (3 diff choices!) £1 in Iceland at present and £2+ at other big stores.

Hope your all well and have a good weekend 😊

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #140614 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hi Lou… nope. haven’t tried the confection you mention. Have, however, tried more than one of the utterly immoral Grom ice creams. I get our in Waitrose. Must be other supermarkets doing them? Real Italian ice cream and sorbets. The chocolate is more than just brown flavoured. It has little chocolate chips all through it. There is also a Tiramisu flavour! No need to say any more, I think.

#140618 Reply
    Lou

Hi Tharg, I haven’t heard of the grom ice cream before now but it sounds delicious! Especially the tiramisu one, does the sorbet come in many different flavours? Is it quite reasonably priced? I used to love a certain chocolate liquor in my twenties and only Waitrose sell it, the bottle looks like a giant Ferraro rocher.

#140627 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Hi Lou. Sadly, Grom is far from reasonably priced. Well expensive – £6.99 for a pot of 460ml. Sorbet flavours change; at present Waitrose have raspberry and mango  and six gelato types. Grom seems to have its own shops throughout the country and make many more flavours. Google the company to see if there’s one near you. It certainly ain’t cheap but it is SO good that it’s worth splashing out to spoil yourself!

#140633 Reply
    joss

Hi Lou

I find cream eggs sickly, which is a good thing as I am diabetic. As for cream egg ice cream, I will give that one a miss also. However. I do have a craving to eat ice cubes!, It’s called “PICA” to describe craving and chewing substances that have no nutritional value — such as ice, clay, soil or paper. and is to do with my anaemia.

Craving and chewing ice (pagophagia) is often associated with iron deficiency, with or without anemia, although the reason is unclear. At least one study indicates that ice chewing might increase alertness in people with iron deficiency anemia.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140676 Reply
    Lou

I googled “utterly immoral grom ice cream” as I thought that was its name 😂 they sound really yummy! Think I may just give a tub (or 2) a try, they aren’t that much more in cost than a tub of Ben & Jerry’s which Iv only had 2-3 times in my life. Joss my late partner was diabetic quite badly (on needles etc) but he enjoyed a creme egg, hey are far too sweet & sickly for me tho, the ice cream cones are a disappointment and taste nothing like Cadbury let alone a creme egg! I am also severely anemic and need blood transfusions or iron infusions (I went for the infusions) but can’t get that treatment at the moment. I have had ice cube cravings but I’m constantly exhausted 😕

#140677 Reply
    Lou

Sorry was meant to say I have not had ice cube cravings

#140679 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

+Hi, Lou. I do hope I have not led you astray with the Grom stuff. As the saying has it, beauty(full ice cream) is in the eye of the scoffer, or something like that. Suffice to say that when I was a kid in the 1950s, our local grocery shop was run by a family of Italians. In a hot summer they would make their own ice cream for boiling locals. It was the best ice cream, ever. The Grom gelato comes close to that. Don’t know whether it will help with your lack of transfusions, but, if you like it enough, it might bring a smile! 🍨😊

#140682 Reply
    Lou

Tharg thanks I got a little confused, that was really kind of the shop owners..my local shop owners took me & my sister into there home and sat us down to a bowl of home made rice pudding (which we have never liked) it was something relating to their religion. I think the ice cream/gelato/sorbet you have spoken of will certainly put a smile on my face I’m going see where I can purchase it. 🍨😋👍

#140703 Reply
    joss

Joss my late partner was diabetic quite badly (on needles etc) but he enjoyed a creme egg, hey are far too sweet & sickly for me tho, the ice cream cones are a disappointment and taste nothing like Cadbury let alone a creme egg! I am also severely anemic and need blood transfusions or iron infusions (I went for the infusions) but can’t get that treatment at the moment. I have had ice cube cravings but I’m constantly exhausted

Hey Lou I am type 2 but on needles also. Regarding the anemia, I am now on EPO   Ask your renal team about this . Bloody worked wonders for me.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#140715 Reply
    Lou

Will do joss thanks for the info 👍

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Ice creams 😋
Your information: