I don’t care who’s brought in, just fix it!

• Creator
    Topic
  • #165111 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

If i hear the Government may bring in the Army to fix the empty shelves and fuel shortages one more time I’ll lose the rag. We all know BJ is incompetent but surely even he can see something needs done “NOW”. Get the bloody army in and stop messing about, some are getting restless and we dont need the shelves to be emptied as people get in to bunker mentality.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #165112 Reply
    Rene

I’m not sure what that’s supposed to do though.

With those soldiers, they got 80 tankers “in reserve”. That’ll not make a dent, when we’re thousands short.

#165113 Reply
    TheSUVGuy

I feel your anger brydo, it’s a big joke, there’s so many things they could do but instead it’s all talk with no action, things should be back to normal soon hopefully but with the media scaring the public people aren’t only filling up their cars, but cans too, the same people that drive 10 miles a week, don’t know what it is with this country and the love of queues, I personally couldn’t believe the toilet paper situation during covid

#165116 Reply
    kbfern

Stories of folks filling 5 jerry cans, surely that’s illegal. Also some selling fuel on Ebay, this sort of thing has to stop. We have just under 1/2 tank of fuel and apart from local shopping and 2-3 medical appointments and seeing to my 82yr old Mom are not going out anywhere.

We did have to go to my Moms yesterday about 6 miles away and past 3 closed petrol stations (Tesco/Morrisons/BP) and 1 that was open and the roads all round were blocked by loads of idiots queueing all down the roads leading up to it. What seems to make things worse is most petrol stations  are at or near busy junctions where even if you don’t want fuel you have to pass to get to where you want to get too.

#165122 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

Stories of folks filling 5 jerry cans, surely that’s illegal.

If i’m not entirely mistaken, the rule is 30l or 2 cans of petrol are allowed (1x20l metal can and 1x10l plastic can, for example). Five containers would be illegal, yes.

Not that it would stop people who’re panic buying for no reason.

#165123 Reply
    Richardw

Lets not be too harsh, those idiots may of course just be out of fuel. Also not too sure why we can blame Boris, surely the cause is a selfish, inconsiderate general public?

#165124 Reply
    struth
    Participant

the police should be moving waiting cars on . if they refuse then nick them. sometimes you have to just knock heads to get some sense into folk.

#165125 Reply
    Rene
    Participant

We are actually quite low on fuel but i’m trying to stretch it until things calmed down a little. Or maybe, i’ll try driving to a petrol station at 3:30AM, can’t imagine them queuing for miles at that time (might be wrong though). We got 70 miles ish left in the tank, we always fill to the brim – once i drop to 40ish miles, i’ve got to fill up (our shopping trips are around 29 miles due to living rural).

#165126 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Maybe the media is to blame? Scaremongering and exaggerating as usual, like the 7 heatwaves we had, or should have had this year.

#165127 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

It all reminds me of the fuel shortage back in 2020 I think. Like now as soon as the government said no need to panic buy fuel. Almost everyone went out a filled there tank up. Just like now.

Back then the government said things would be done so emergency services and priority workers would be able to get fuel.

From memory during “normal” times UK ice cars drive around with only a third of a tank of fuel. The is therefore sufficient spare capacity for the UK car fleet to drain all the fuel from every fuel station in the country. Once word gets out a that a particular fuel station has had a delivery its drained in a matter of hours.

#165128 Reply
    Mike 700
    Participant

Lots of Golf Clubs in Scotland Brydo, you could ask members to donate their ‘drivers’?

VW Tiguan SEL in Silver White.

#165130 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

as far as the “petrol crisis” is concerned from what i can gather a week or so ago bp submitted a case to govt as it had at that time 8 petrol stations that were going to run out of fuel that week. someone in one of the hgv assocs (a former journalist) is rumoured to have leaked it to a local news outlet.

now remember there are over 5800 petrol stations in the uk and 8 were having an issue with deliveries. within 3 days of a “news” item 2 thirds of petrol stations in the same county were out of petrol. one that sells 8000 litres usually in a week sold 28000 in a day.

how is that the govt’s fault, how is that the fault of brexit, how is that the fault of covid.

thats an irresponsible media and a stupid public.

#165132 Reply
    brydo

Of course its BJ’s fault he’s in charge, (chuckle, chuckle)

#165133 Reply
    vinnym70

Social media has a lot of blame here. Folks posting that forecourts are shut due to lack of fuel or posting that certain forecourts have fuel and aren’t busy. I don’t doubt that those folks are trying to help, but it just leads to an inevitable avalanche of panic buying.

My reaction to the news was to be happy that I have enough fuel to see me through but even then to think of what journeys I could avoid should the whole situation get worse. I appreciate not everyone can do the same but i’m pretty sure that a good percentage of journeys really aren’t necessary if people really thought about it.

#165134 Reply
    struth
    Participant

i fortunately filled up just before it kicked off. i dont do a lot of miles anyway but im doing a lot less now and will hopefully last this thing out. ive probably got 450 miles worth before getting too low

#165135 Reply
    joss

Sometimes, just sometimes the Gov’ should keep it’s mouth shut. Deal with the issue quietly. in order to prevent panic buying.

I have half a tank left of petrol. That will be used wisely, for Hospital appointments and other essential needs. I refuse to queue.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#165137 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Man been up my road stealing car battery’s police got him being charged in the morning !

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

#165178 Reply
    Andy Wood

The fuel problem seems to be entirely down to where you live. Travelled from congleton to Chester today, congleton no fuel anywhere. Chester half were sold out and the other half had loads and pretty much zero queues. Don’t think their is really a problem just the media reporting panic buying, so everyone went out to panic buy, I am sure when they restock everything should be ok as the panic buyers can only fit so much in their tanks.

#165180 Reply
    Tim

My local Tesco superstore happened to be restocking from a tanker as I drove by today. Joined the queue at 5 cars awaiting the forecourt reopening. By the time I left the cars were queued around the entire car park, out of the car park on to the roundabout and about a mile up the road. Mad times! Purposely waited until I was at about 30 miles remaining but won’t be risking that situation again; people are going mad causing others to go mad 😂

#165191 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

The Army have 75 drivers on standby just read on bbc news on iPad

#165207 Reply
    Abercol
    Participant

There were no queues in Dundee last night, I passed 5 petrol stations on my way to the cinema, all open as far as I could tell. The only queues I saw were at McD’s drive thru.

Ahhh, the cinema, wife had booked tickets to Dune, we trooped off on our 70 mile round trip to discover, upon the start of the film, it was the dreaded Din0 De Laurentis/David Lynch murder of a good book. We walked out after 30 minutes or so, I thought she wanted to stay, but she was seething. I got an earful from her about letting a blind lady book the tickets! I didn’t even complain about her booking the wrong film…typical…lol.

In life, it's not who you know that's important, it's how your wife found out.

#165208 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Just been by two bp garages both said no fuel

#165266 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

No fuel worries today, all petrol stations in my area, 3 in number, have all pumps working.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#165285 Reply
    joss

No queues at the 5 local filling station near to me. However 3 are limited to £30.00 of fuel. Diesel is in short supply at all 5 stations.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

Viewing 23 replies - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
Reply To: I don’t care who’s brought in, just fix it!
Your information: