Hyundai Tucson N Line

This topic contains 42 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JS (justsaying) 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #71298 Reply

Macca

I was reading with interest that Hyundai are planning an N Line version of the Tucson.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I guess its a similar principal to the likes of Ford’s ST Line Kuga, or Audi’s S Line Q3 and so on.</p>
    I like the idea of an N inspired trim package without the ‘turbo nutter’ spec engine as we just dont need that. I have to admit i do really like the baby blue that the I30 N comes in, so would be very keen if that made it to the N Line Tucson, and the N Line in turn heads for the scheme.

Any thoughts guys?

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75944 Reply

Donna Sloan

Hi there I was just wondering if the Tucson 4×4 will be available on the mobility scheme come July 2019?

#75948 Reply

JS (justsaying)

The 4×4 is only available in premium and above and is over the Cap however it does full in to motability discretionary cap which does not seem to of been removed. Kia version is on and hopefully hyundai one will make an appearance, it took a while for the premium SE to show and that was under the cap so I’m sorry to say it is wait and hope.

#75959 Reply

Macca

N Line starting to appear in other colours ….

#75970 Reply

Macca

Not liking the black ….

#75971 Reply

Macca

I do like the silver though …

#76804 Reply

JS (justsaying)
    #76807 Reply

Macca

A nice departure from the usual specs, but i think the chances of me wanting one are probably slim, simply because i really dislike black wheels, and alcantara seat coverings in equal measure. It will be interesting to see if it makes it to the scheme and if so at what AP’s though.

#76808 Reply

JS (justsaying)

I can’t see it appearing on the scheme for a while although a 1.6 hybrid sounds interesting. I like they are cramming in tech but prices are not raising out of reach. Hyundai are definitely going for the Europe Market.

#76809 Reply

Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>The funny thing is, whilst there are some cars out there that are certainly tempting us to change this year, every time I wash and polish the big ole Santa Fe, we still love it. Its only covered less than 13000 miles and is in superb condition so far. We love the size, and the auto box is peachy for me. So even though cars like the Rav4, CR-V, Tucson, and Tiguan have caught our eye as possible replacements, when I let the common sense side of my brain kick in, i keep leaning towards a lease extension, and enjoying the big ‘un for a while longer yet.</p>

#76812 Reply

JS (justsaying)

I know what you mean, you were so lucky the timing was right. I can understand the santa fe and xc90 owners wanting to keep hold of them.

#76813 Reply

Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Its hard though JS, theres a guy at the end of our street got a Tiguan R Line, and now i’ve discovered what the car has to offer and its stirred my interest, imagine coming home from work tonight and having to walk past it gleaming in the afternoon sun.</p>
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>Talk about temptation, i’m gonna have to dig deep and resist.</p>

#76816 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

Article

Hyundai has expanded the Tucson range with a new N Line trim, costing from £25,995.

The introduction coincides with the launch of Hyundai’s new mild-hybrid diesel engine, which replaces its conventional diesel.

The new N Line model is inspired by Hyundai’s N Performance vehicles and features 19-inch alloy wheels, sportier styling and black details.

Inside, the Tucson N Line includes N-branded leather-suede sport seats with red accent stitching, which is also carried over to the N branded leather steering wheel.

Dynamic modifications over regular Tucson models include revised power steering, to give a more direct feel, and firmer suspension.

Prices will start from £25,995 for the Tucson N Line 1.6 T-GDi 177PS manual, which in addition to the N Line specific equipment, also offers heated and height adjustable front seats, with an lumbar support, keyless entry, black cloth headlining, climate control, automatic dimming rear view mirror, front and rear parking sensors, electric parking brake and privacy glass.

It has CO2 emissions from 151g/km.

The all-new 1.6 CRDi 48-Volt Hybrid will be available with the SE Nav trim level and above.

Under acceleration, the system supports the engine with up to 12kW of power, reducing fuel consumption and emissions. During in-gear deceleration and braking, energy is recuperated to recharge the battery.

It emits from 113g/km of CO2 and can achieve 48.7mpg on the WLTP cycle.

Prices for the mild-hybrid start at £26,450, rising to £33,035. The N Line mild-hybrid costs from £27,760.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#76823 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Great info as usual Brydo, Macca a change is good, I would of never of thought of hyundai if it wasn’t for knowing Johnsons have been based on that site for many years and had a couple of franchises, the end result was (on that site) volvo didn’t really have too much to offer and Mazda at the time just wasn’t suitable for the needs of the scheme member, but as we were there looked at the Hyundai, a visit to a local motor park and a few visits later to both sites having narrowed it down to 3 resulted in giving Hyundai ago, personally at that time the RAV4  was not a great spec and at that time the xtrail (my first choice as Kodiaq wasn’t on scheme then) was then discontinued, Tucson has been a great choice, the Santa Fe was not available but would of ticked more boxes although strangely I found it more cramped cotpit wise, but hey the fun is in the looking around and test driving, the R-line is hard to ignore but and it maybe me but I find them uninspiring/bland if I park next to a vehicle in a car park I don’t notice them, yet I notice some I’ve not looked at like the kuga and lately the Sportage, I think i may end up doing as you do and start looking around although a change is not due. But it’s FUN and should be enjoyed not a chore. Happy hunting buddy. But please out of interest reasons please ask when the time comes for a price for the Santa Fe.

#76825 Reply

Brydo
    Participant

JS IMO the Tucson does not get the attention it deserves. It is a great looking car and is overlooked as a top choice SUV. I agree that the Tiguan, and most VW, are a bit bland but very good cars.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe

#76827 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Definitely Brydo  vw great cars my late father loved his passats, it’s all in the timing the volvo or Santa Fe wasn’t available when we ordered and we did extend at the time hoping the kodiaq would appear but never did until 2 weeks before delivery date of the Tucson and the AP at that time really could not be justified, it is really hard to decide on a vehicle for 3 years especially as lots of scheme members needs may change week to week, the Tucson was the best choice of cars available at the time of order, I as you yourself and many of our regular members do now advise to take an extension and take time to make a decision it makes sense. There will always be times of regret or one that got away and those moments of grrrr I can’t believe it now I’ve got the car that one now comes on the scheme. Luckily we are all different or we would all be driving the same car, I enjoy suggesting cars and giving alternatives and looking into cars I’ve never considered before, 3 years is a long time with a unsuitable car so it’s great that members like yourself and others give suggestions and the support that it really should be about Enjoying the experience of test driving and trying different vehicles. I really can’t say it anough to people do your homework and enjoy! it should be fun and engaging.

ps might be one for your EV thread :

https://www.evo.co.uk/hyundai/22644/hyundai-announces-695m-partnership-with-rimac-to-develop-new-mid-engined-electric

#76830 Reply

Macca

Interesting that you found the Santa Fe’s cockpit cramped JS, at 6’2″ it was just the opposite for me, it was one of the few cars at the time where i felt that I could spread out and relaxe whilst driving. Even the XC60 didn’t give me that feeling. The shaped centre console in the Santa Fe is ideal in that respect.

#76849 Reply

JS (justsaying)

To be honest as it wasn’t on the scheme I just sat in it at the showroom and I didnt move the seats to suit,

Viewing 17 replies - 26 through 42 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Tucson N Line

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: