Hyundai Tucson N Line

This topic contains 42 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  JS (justsaying) 1 month, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #71298 Reply

Macca

I was reading with interest that Hyundai are planning an N Line version of the Tucson.
    <p style=”text-align: left;”>I guess its a similar principal to the likes of Ford’s ST Line Kuga, or Audi’s S Line Q3 and so on.</p>
    I like the idea of an N inspired trim package without the ‘turbo nutter’ spec engine as we just dont need that. I have to admit i do really like the baby blue that the I30 N comes in, so would be very keen if that made it to the N Line Tucson, and the N Line in turn heads for the scheme.

Any thoughts guys?

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #71299 Reply

Macca

The colour can be seen on this I30 N …

#71300 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

I believe they are talking 300+ bhp which will rule out motability.

#71301 Reply

Macca

From what i’ve read the full on N spec has the crazy engine, but they are talking of releasing an ‘N Line’ i.e. N inspired sports styling but without the crazy power house engine.

Like Ford’s approach of a full on fruity ST, and then the ST Line which is more of a sports styled trim without the beef.

#71302 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

Interesting proposition. Will post a review of the Tucson in a couple of weeks.

#71306 Reply

Macca

#71442 Reply

Macca

Looks like the Tucson is set to get fruity under their N division if this rendering is anything to go by …..

#71446 Reply

JS (justsaying)

Let’s hope they manage to get the 48v mild hybrid on first.  that would be a start. Q2 could well bring changes and I think we are going to see a lot more off hyundai over the next year.

Macca it looks great I just wish they would stop rounding of the back end and upright it a bit more, soon we won’t be able to tell the front from the back.

#71468 Reply

Macca

I hear you JS, and having run a couple of the original boxy xtrails I get the appeal.

I’m watching the market with interest as my wife’s lease is hitting its 3 year point this year. At the minute at least we think we’ll want to seek a lease extension as the car will likely have less than 15000 miles on it and so far its in excellent condition. Plus we’ve loved the auto Santa Fe that we have, and its still very suitable for the needs. That said we can’t have it indefinitely and so the plus point of extending the lease is that the market can develope a little more. Like you i also have an interest in the hybrids coming along.

A Tucson hybrid in Premium SE or N Line trim would certainly catch my interest, and the addition of 4wd would be very welcome as its certainly been a godsend when we’ve needed it on the Santa Fe.

I also have an interest in the Sportage hybrid, Mrs Macca however aint keen on its styling, so given the whole ‘happy wife happy life’ thing the chances of a Sportage could well be slim.

#71484 Reply

JS (justsaying)

I have to side with your wife (sorry) although the new version is the Sportage best styling yet and without doubt a great specced car I guess it’s personal taste but there is something that niggles me and at present I can’t get past it’s looks.

Agree I would of liked the 4×4 at the time we ordered but it was only available on the scheme in the Se NAv. But at £5 under the discretionary Cap there is no reason the Tucson 2.0ltr 48v 4×4 Premium SE couldn’t appear. It seems unfair when the exact same engine is already available in the Sportage, and I’m under the impression on the whole hyundia hold their price better than Kia, and with the private market steering away from diesel i would of thought Hyundai are willing for it to be added.

#71489 Reply

Macca

Yeah, when the Tucson was first launched I think I remember the dealer principal telling me the three year residual was something like 54% … which apparently is good

#71503 Reply

Macca

As for the current Sportage, i don’t disagree that it still has a certain degree of ‘fugly’ or maybe its just brazenly different. I do think it looks quite good in the Lunar Silver though …

#71510 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

As the “owner” of a new Tucson I have to say, in terms of looks and in my opinion, it blows the Sportage away. I was not keen on the latter’s looks, higher AP and thirstier 4WD, so in the end it became an easy choice. I do miss the iDrive from my X1 but that’s about all. I have averaged 35.6mpg today in the 1.6T-GDi so I am hoping for something in the high thirties. I believe 3 year residuals are amongst the best in the compact SUV sector too.

#71511 Reply

Macca

I also think the Tucson is the better styled of the two, so I do applaud your choice. We actually planned to go for a Tucson back in 2016 but because of supply issues Hyundai put the Santa Fe on at sensible money and that was the road we went down. The hybrid Tucson would fill the missing 4wd hole, and one of the attractions of an N Line trim would be a dark headlining which really would appeal to me personally. Apparently more will be revealed at Geneva.

But whatever happens, as JS says theres lots on the way from Hyundai for sure, and having run Hyundai’s for almost 6 years, i’d have no hesitation taking another.

#71512 Reply

Macca

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Thought I would share this, I watched it recently and sets out the 2019 Tucson changes …</p>

#71513 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

I have only had mine for one day, but first impressions are positive. Changing from an awfully unreliable X1 I did have concerns going from a so-called premium badge to a mainstream but these were unfounded. In the main the Tucson is a better car, a higher driving position, far better equipment levels with just about all the safety kit you could ask for and quieter with far less road noise and a smoother ride even on 19″ wheels. The seats are more comfortable with electric adjustment, ventilation for the front as well as heating on front and rear and a heated wheel. Sunroof, premium sound system, keyless entry & smart boot and ACC round off all the pro’s. In fairness to BMW, their iDrive and Nav System is the best on the market and the X1 was a bit quicker and less thirsty and its interior just edges the Tuscon. Nice to have a dealer who kept to their promised delivery date and did not try and register it on a 68 plate.

I did consider a Tucson last year but the fuel economy put me off. Now we have WLTP and after consulting the EQUA website my fears were allayed.

#71514 Reply

Macca

So I take it you opted for the Premium SE then? Indeed an impressive kit list and those alloys are NICE !

#71516 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

I did. A bit of a no brainer. £1699 v £1999. The Adaptive cruise and LED lights with high beam assistant were worth the extra £300 alone in my view. Sunroof, smart tailgate, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats, surround monitor etc was a bonus.

#71521 Reply

Macca

Another rendering of a possible Tucson N Line …

#71791 Reply

fwipperie
    Participant

Had our Tucson a few days now, covered 150 miles and first impressions remain good. Two issues now resolved. An annoying rattling sound which turned out was my sunglasses stored in the holder and secondly the traffic data on the navigation system which works via a mobile hotspot which I have now set up on my mobile and seems to work well without using too much data. A car to consider for anyone looking in the SUV sector.

#72939 Reply

Macca

Well, the cat is outta the bag on the N Line :

https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=web&cd=&ved=2ahUKEwjLrs7MhpThAhUC2xoKHZffBukQzPwBegQIARAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.autoblog.com%2F2019%2F03%2F21%2Fhyundai-tucson-n-line-crossover-suv%2F&psig=AOvVaw3rr3A7oUCoOpzeo3fIRP7Q&ust=1553285784477456

Pro’s and con’s on this one, not a huge fan of red these days so the promo shots aren’t grabbing me. I’ll be curious to see if a slightly stiffer ride will be incompatible with my wife’s chronic pain condition too.

#73012 Reply

Macca

Cue the pimp shots …..

#73017 Reply

Macca

And how about this for a paint job …

#73018 Reply

Macca

#73019 Reply

Macca

#73055 Reply

Macca

Just when you thought it was vinyl …

Viewing 25 replies - 1 through 25 (of 42 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Tucson N Line

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: