Hyundai Kona Ultimate – At last

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166246 Reply
    Trappy
    Participant

Well after ordering in May and having order pushed back from a promised delivery in July, to August to September, to October to November, to December then today I was told by dealer January 2022!

I emailed Andrew Ashley, MD of Hyundai in UK, and was contacted by his Executive team. To cut a long story shirt dealer phoned me back this morning and a car as specified in Dark Knight will be with me in two weeks and is currently at dock in UK!!

Amazing what complaining can do wish I had done it sooner.

Anyone know if they supply car mats as this is my first mobility car?

• This topic was modified 1 week, 2 days ago by Trappy.
Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166248 Reply
    Mike

No they don’t come with mats they are £65 from Hyundai dealer. I got a tailored set off Amazon for £14 inc delivery.

#166296 Reply
    Mark Holland

Well done unfortunately so many manufacturers now don’t have in house complaints for example PSA stelantis outsource  all complaints , so you have done really well and probably you’ll always look to Hyundai first in future whereas anyone with a PSA vehicle probably won’t if they ever need to complain

#166575 Reply
    palace1000
    Participant

I ordered a Kona Electric late July and was told late October and today got a call, saying they have taken to many orders for the number of cars they have available and the soonest I could get it is now March.

Would it be worth me trying to complain, or just wait it out.

#166578 Reply
    PeterT

No harm in trying, dealer said some stock arrived last week I did say would be flexible on colour but in end should have the car in wanted next week. Will report back when it arrives.

#166602 Reply
    ldc7080

I had heard all these stories of how the Koreans had got things right.  only a few weeks ago id seen people commenting that they were getting their cars within weeks and not months.  guess its caught up with everyone now?

#166633 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

I ordered mine on June 29th and it arrived in August for my pick up in September 28th. Dealer told me if I’d ordered a week later it would be now November/December/January.

I sympathise immensely with those having to wait so long. The only consolation I can offer is that it’s worth the wait. Great little car. Xxx

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

#166637 Reply
    Trappy
    Participant

I ordered mine on June 29th and it arrived in August for my pick up in September 28th. Dealer told me if I’d ordered a week later it would be now November/December/January. I sympathise immensely with those having to wait so long. The only consolation I can offer is that it’s worth the wait. Great little car. Xxx

Vaun was your car Ultimate spec and did you get colour you wanted that quickly?

#166639 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

Hi Trappy,

Yes Ultimate specification and in Cyber Grey.

In fact I gave Ross McCann at SG PETCH in Darlington tow choices f colour and he even said to me don’t worry about the colour we can get you your first choice.

I think the petrol woes regardless of what caused them will certainly make EV a more popular choice than ever before in general.

I note that EV sales were up again in September way above what was expected.

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

#166642 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hi Trappy, Yes Ultimate specification and in Cyber Grey. In fact I gave Ross McCann at SG PETCH in Darlington tow choices f colour and he even said to me don’t worry about the colour we can get you your first choice. I think the petrol woes regardless of what caused them will certainly make EV a more popular choice than ever before in general. I note that EV sales were up again in September way above what was expected.

I agree. A great car. Great spec with enough space and really good to drive too and good AP. Waiting times at present are 12-14 weeks.

Viewing 9 replies - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Kona Ultimate – At last
Your information: