Hyundai Kona Ultimate – At last

• Creator
    Topic
    Trappy
    Participant

Well after ordering in May and having order pushed back from a promised delivery in July, to August to September, to October to November, to December then today I was told by dealer January 2022!

I emailed Andrew Ashley, MD of Hyundai in UK, and was contacted by his Executive team. To cut a long story shirt dealer phoned me back this morning and a car as specified in Dark Knight will be with me in two weeks and is currently at dock in UK!!

Amazing what complaining can do wish I had done it sooner.

Anyone know if they supply car mats as this is my first mobility car?

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Mike

No they don’t come with mats they are £65 from Hyundai dealer. I got a tailored set off Amazon for £14 inc delivery.

Well done unfortunately so many manufacturers now don’t have in house complaints for example PSA stelantis outsource  all complaints , so you have done really well and probably you’ll always look to Hyundai first in future whereas anyone with a PSA vehicle probably won’t if they ever need to complain

palace1000
          Participant

I ordered a Kona Electric late July and was told late October and today got a call, saying they have taken to many orders for the number of cars they have available and the soonest I could get it is now March.

Would it be worth me trying to complain, or just wait it out.

PeterT

No harm in trying, dealer said some stock arrived last week I did say would be flexible on colour but in end should have the car in wanted next week. Will report back when it arrives.

ldc7080

I had heard all these stories of how the Koreans had got things right.  only a few weeks ago id seen people commenting that they were getting their cars within weeks and not months.  guess its caught up with everyone now?

Participant

I ordered mine on June 29th and it arrived in August for my pick up in September 28th. Dealer told me if I’d ordered a week later it would be now November/December/January.

I sympathise immensely with those having to wait so long. The only consolation I can offer is that it’s worth the wait. Great little car. Xxx

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

Trappy
                  Participant

I ordered mine on June 29th and it arrived in August for my pick up in September 28th. Dealer told me if I’d ordered a week later it would be now November/December/January. I sympathise immensely with those having to wait so long. The only consolation I can offer is that it’s worth the wait. Great little car. Xxx

Vaun was your car Ultimate spec and did you get colour you wanted that quickly?

Participant

Hi Trappy,

Yes Ultimate specification and in Cyber Grey.

In fact I gave Ross McCann at SG PETCH in Darlington tow choices f colour and he even said to me don’t worry about the colour we can get you your first choice.

I think the petrol woes regardless of what caused them will certainly make EV a more popular choice than ever before in general.

I note that EV sales were up again in September way above what was expected.

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

fwippers
                      Participant

Hi Trappy, Yes Ultimate specification and in Cyber Grey. In fact I gave Ross McCann at SG PETCH in Darlington tow choices f colour and he even said to me don’t worry about the colour we can get you your first choice. I think the petrol woes regardless of what caused them will certainly make EV a more popular choice than ever before in general. I note that EV sales were up again in September way above what was expected.

I agree. A great car. Great spec with enough space and really good to drive too and good AP. Waiting times at present are 12-14 weeks.

PeterT

I spoke too soon!, 😢

Dealer called me today and car they had allocated me last week has disappeared from system and my delivery date to dealer is now showing as 27 December, with delivery to me first week of January.

As you can imagine went mad, saying how can a car that had been allocated to me last week and which had landed just disappear! To be honest dealer has been useless from day one and if allowed will say, five different sales people since May handling my order and not one really seeming interested in sorting issue out. Has anyone else had Kona Ultimate EV on delivery since May and still waiting for car?

Participant

i spoke with hyundai dealer and there are supposedly no free ultimates until march. dealers are going around trying to get them off other dealers’ orders etc. plenty premiums on way apparently.

Current Car: Hyundai Kona Premium EV...2 way 40kg hoist
                            Last Car: Toyota C-HR Excel Hybrid...4 way 80kg hoist

fwippers
                            Participant

i spoke with hyundai dealer and there are supposedly no free ultimates until march. dealers are going around trying to get them off other dealers’ orders etc. plenty premiums on way apparently.

That´s interesting. As far as private buyers are concerned, they are going for the Premium as it qualifies for the Government grant. Was also told order an Ultimate now and we´ll have it by December. That was last week, however!

Participant

guy checked as i wanted the ultimate and said i could have one but it would be march. they had a few premiums on boat and im hopefully getting one of them; depends on getting the nissan cancelled tho.

every dealer could be different tho if they have some on order

Participant

just heard that motability have cancelled the nissan, so i can go ahead with the kona premium. its easier to drive for me with the bad leg and as a bonus, its cheaper too

Viewing 14 replies - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
                                • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.