Hyundai Kona Electric Best Charging Sites or Services

• Creator
    Topic
  • #166266 Reply
    Vaun
    Participant

Hi, I apologise for posting about a very specific topic which probably has little interest to most of you on here.

What are the best forecourt or commercial charging stations that Kona EV owners have found with regard to value and speed.

I use a home charger 95% of the time but for long journeys I want to think about best chargers.

Cheers, all the very best

Vaun

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #166267 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Hi Vaun,

In the end it’s an almost impossible question to answer…

For me it’s Ionity, but only because there is a bank of 4 chargers 8 miles from where I live, I pay a subscription charge of £11.25 a month on the Charge MyHyundai card and that brings the cost down to 25p kW, so for me it’s perfect.

After that, it’s a case of doing a bit of research on your journey, there are quite often free chargers on route, if so i’ll use them.

Motorways are much improved lately and are currently great value at 30p kW, I also use BP Pulse as I get the free subscription, the 50kW comes in at 23p kW and are generally OK.

I’ve used Instavolt, Geniepoint and a few others, most seem to be charging around 40-45p kW, so getting expensive, but still cheaper than diesel, I worked out that as long as it’s less than 51p kW, I’m saving money in an EV

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#166270 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Hi, I apologise for posting about a very specific topic which probably has little interest to most of you on here. What are the best forecourt or commercial charging stations that Kona EV owners have found with regard to value and speed. I use a home charger 95% of the time but for long journeys I want to think about best chargers.

many topics are very specific but with many looking to head down the electric route the information provided is very useful.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: Hyundai Kona Electric Best Charging Sites or Services
Your information: