HYUNDAI KONA ELECTRIC 150KW ULTIMATE 64KWh auto AP £499

• Creator
    Topic
  • #146470 Reply
    MR Mark Winter

Both the Premium and Ultimate list AP as £499.

Hope this is not a typo.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #146767 Reply
    Bandit
    Participant

Thanks @Intranicity. I figured it might be something along those lines. I’m not due to change until Oct next year but definitely looking to go EV and heartening to see this kind of deal cropping up Let’s hope they continue and others join in!!

#146768 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

this could easily work for me if its around in 18 months, the rest may have caught up by then lol.

but where i am now i doubt i could have a home charger as the road (no offroad parking) is 10m at least from the house. but its range i could live with and charge out and about.

the only gripe i have having looked at the configorator is… why 4 shades of grey 2 blues that are too in yer face and 2 weird reds. all thats left is black. what is the fascination with grey??? whats wrong with a decent green brg or a dark blue, or even something liveley like yellow or orange.

#146771 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Colours, I think that goes with many manufactures, mine is Galactic Grey and really suits the car, but as ever, colours are very personal. I like the Blues and the Darker Red, but as I got the old model, colours were even more basic, and it was what was available.

Previous Motability Cars
    2006 - 2009 Skoda Superb VR6 2.0tdi
    2009 - 2012 Citroen C5 2.0tdi VTR Nav
    2012 - 2015 Nissan Qashqai 1.5dci tekna
    2015 - 2018 Ford Kuga 2.0tdi Titanium X
    2018 - 2021 BMW 220d X drive 2 Series Active Luxury
    2021- Hyundai Kona Electric Premium SE

#146772 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

that looks a lot better in the flesh so to speak intranicity than the swatch on the config.

but yes its a personal thing and not just hyundai its all manufacturers seem to be obsessed with grey.

i quite like the yellows and oranges by jeep and i think skoda did an orangy colour.

of course my favourite is minis brg.

#146774 Reply
    Tim

Test drive one today, previous premium se model and was disappointed by the lack of always on auto hold. Looks like it’s set at each startup. Otherwise it seemed quite agile and capable.

#146775 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Test drive one today, previous premium se model and was disappointed by the lack of always on auto hold. Looks like it’s set at each startup. Otherwise it seemed quite agile and capable.

Yes, it’s one of the things I mentioned in my review.  Now though, it’s just part of the start up routine, Seat belt on, foot on the brake, press start, press auto hold, turn off lane keeping assist, and then select the drive mode and off you go, but it would be better if it just remembered!

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Intranicity.

Previous Motability Cars

#146859 Reply
    Dante2
    Participant

I think it’s fantastic value considering the spec  and revues – my issue is although I’ve off road parking up to the front door – I rent privately & my landlord not keen to have a hime charger installed etc…  and my local infrastructure in south Essex not great.
    mum awaiting a test drive with local dealer but not greats at communicating thus far – either way I’ll be ordering through Lings Hyundai , even though over 100 miles away, partly due to the experiences of ‘intracity’ but also as I contacted them yesterday too – they’ve been proactive & professional.
    if I do decide to go for the Kona, it’ll be in the galactic grey – as looks great in the photo earlier in the thread

thanks for all the great info and input on the thread – really helps in making the wider informed choice and decisions.

it’s all down to the test drive experience & the local public charge infrastructure 🤞🤞🤞

#146861 Reply
    Richard

Have you tried explaining to your landlord it’d be professionally installed, warrantied etc & in the future as EV become even more widespread could be a huge asset to his property if you ever move out, not like you can take them with you lol.

I think if you explain it like that yo them they’ll be happy enough, it’s FREE for them & in future a letting point.

#146871 Reply
    Mike Charles

Also the refreshed Kona now rapid charges at 100kwh and not 77kwh.

#146881 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

Also the refreshed Kona now rapid charges at 100kwh and not 77kwh.

Not sure that’s correct, everything I can see suggests it’s still 77kWh, Hyundai website is confusing and does quote a time at 100kW, but that time is the same time as quoted on the EV database for a 150 and 350kW charger, to the best of my knowledge, 100kW chargers don’t exist?

Both the old and new 64kW Konas charge 10-80% on a 50kW charger in 63mins, on a 150kW or bigger in 44mins according to the EV database, Hyundai website claims 64mins and 47mins respectively.

Certainly, on the Kona EV forums, there has been no mention of an increase in charging speeds?

• This reply was modified 1 month, 3 weeks ago by Intranicity.

Previous Motability Cars

#146917 Reply
    sif

While I was out today I remembered that I had moaned about the kona  e niro and said motability should penalise Kia. That was plainly wrong. Realising it while out driving, it made me laugh and remember something a friend told me years ago at the height of the Falklands war. He was working and staying with some elderly rich landowner who held court at breakfast.’ Harrumphing and snorting at the terrible behaviour of the ‘Argies’ he announced that we should ‘drop an atomic bomb on Rio de Janiero’ . That would surprise them he concluded. Everyone around the table looked at each other, but no one said a word.

#146931 Reply
    Dante2
    Participant

Yes I made a very clear, pragmatic and cub use argument for the pros of having the hime charger & the added value etc….. but to no avail alas

#146934 Reply
    garry
    Participant

Great pic that @Intranicity love that colour looks really nice that 👍

#146959 Reply
    Richard

I wonder how long before landlords cannot legally refuse such things, if indeed they have legal ground now.

Seriously the letting laws in this country need radical overhaul & bringing into line with say Germany.

#146963 Reply
    mitch
    Participant

unfortunately no offroad parking so would need a 10m cable to reach the house at least, then some numpty would probably trip over it. but with 18 months to go i dare say ranges will increase and with my low mileage i could probably manage without.

#146967 Reply
    sif

Try the landlord  forums, there are several. The only issues I can think of may be around liability, and risk to tenants or others since access would be relatively open, because otherwise its an asset which puts value on a place. I would be very happy if one of my tenants wanted to install a charger. Provided it could be somewhere for their sole use. They are going to have to put them in around communal car parks and the cost of that, even shared out would be much higher. Another issue would be others using it if you were away or at work, in that case you would have to pay and a landlord might get involved in disputes between tenants. You are right, the law will have to address the issue.

#146969 Reply
    sif

PS landlords cant stop anyone having a smart meter fitted, or changing suppliers. Try telling your landlord that you will leave it if you go and it would make the place more attractive to future tenants. Maybe, at your own cost you could have it installed in a lockable cabinet so only you have access. Of course if its an older property the electrics might not be up to it, and you would have to be sure the consumer unit did not need an upgrade.

#146972 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

sif, I suspect you are wrong. Surely modifying the electrics of a property you don’t own would be in breach of any tenancy agreement. You would surely need the landlord to agree, and I’m not aware of any law compelling him to.

#147037 Reply
    Dante2
    Participant

I’ve been a tenant at the house I rent for almost 11 years and the landlord has been good but tech not their thing & tbh I’m not sure the house electrics / RCD are up to the capacity of a home charge point. I’ve still to test drive the Kona but this forum & my research has been very encouraging – all feeding into me making an informed choice in time 🤞

#147038 Reply
    sif

You would need the landlords permission for a charger since you would be modifying the exterior and rewiring, or adding a circuit to a CU, you don’t need permission for a smart meter. Since that is an agreement between tenant and supplier, landlord has no input.

#148127 Reply
    PeterT

Does anyone know of a dealer offering free metalic on the ultimate?

#148133 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Its available as a no cost option from all dealers under Motability.

#148138 Reply
    Johntheleg

Yes like fwippers said it is a no cost option.

I ordered one today in red after a good test drive and also reading Intranicity’s super reviews and knowledge gained on the car. The dealer couldn’t believe the AP, she also said they were also being snapped up very quickly.

#148139 Reply
    Intranicity
    Participant

I ordered one today in red after a good test drive and also reading Intranicity’s super reviews and knowledge gained on the car. The dealer couldn’t believe the AP, she also said they were also being snapped up very quickly.

Welcome to the club 🙂  Looking forward to hearing what you think of the car when you get it.

I did a 317 mile round trip today to fix an aircraft, averaged 4.3miles/kW, just coming up to 4000 miles now and fuel bill is just over £75, love the car!

Previous Motability Cars

#148142 Reply
    Johntheleg

Cheers @Intranicity, it certainly is a good club to join.  I should get the car on the 12th June when I’m due to change. Just sorting the Wall charger out wondering whether or not to go private or with BP Pulse.

That average is great, I’ll be doing a lot of 300 mile round trips in the coming months driving down to Cambridge.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 72 total)
Reply To: HYUNDAI KONA ELECTRIC 150KW ULTIMATE 64KWh auto AP £499
Your information: