Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate …. Opinions.

• Creator
    Topic

Surprisingly for an old guy like me the Ioniq 6 is now top of my shortlist.

My new vehicle order date is in just one month (Dec 12th) so I’m now coming close to ‘ make your mind up time’ lol.

I’ve researched a number of cars including the Mazda CX60, Kia EV6, Ionic 5, Renault Austral e, Enyaq (humph!!!!) and also considered  extending my lease on my Peugeot 3008 hybrid.

I’m interested in changing to full EV and feel that now may be my last opportunity to do so due to advancing age. The Ioniq 6 Ultimate comes complete with all the items on my ‘need and wish list’ including a heat pump, opening sunroof, full electric relaxation front seats, and an essential quality audio (Bose) etc, etc. So no expensive optional extras would be required.

I haven’t previously considered the Ioniq 6 because when I’ve seen them around they looked to low for me to get in and out of, so when I was in the Hyundai dealership for an Ioniq 5 test drive I sat in a ‘6’ just to rule it out, but to my surprise I was able to get in and out with no difficulty at all (due to the raised floor over the batteries) …. that started me thinking.

I’ve almost convinced myself that I should order this car but I thought I would ask you guys for your opinions if you have any.

Cheers.

Viewing 11 replies - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Carmad
      Participant

Great to hear that you’ve finally put pen to paper so to speak.  We are only here once as the saying goes so why not indulge yourself?  Picking up my Ioniq 6 on Thursday; 2 sleeps to go!

kezo
        Participant

Nice @POPS 🙂

The digital mirrors, like the window switches will no doubt become second nature after a few days. Come your next lease, you will probably have to relearn everything again. All swings and roundabouts at the end of day but you soon get use to them.

Did you not try to do a deal on the camera setup?

As for Autoglym lifeshine, are you sure – your local valeter will do it much cheaper, if you really think you need it or Autoglym products are available for not alot of money, if you have time to do it yourself!

Thanks keso, I’m not physically able to do it myself and I won’t feel comfortable without the full protection. I got a good discount but out of fairness to the manager I won’t mention figures here. I did enquire with a couple of valeting businesses with decent reviews (within a 10/20 mile radius) a few days ago and the price was a bit less but with a shorter guarantee, plus I would have to leave the car with them for a couple of days which would be awkward to arrange.

My car is parked under enormous Mexican and Montana pines (sometimes for three or four days without moving) and the twig like seed pods and needles cover it this time of year, so the paint protection is essential. The very light grey interior will also need good protection.

Disability and old age make physically shopping around a bit too much of a chore, so I’m happy to pay a bit of a premium to have it all sorted without another thought. I can fully relax now and you can’t put a price on that, lol.

Great to hear that you’ve finally put pen to paper so to speak. We are only here once as the saying goes so why not indulge yourself? Picking up my Ioniq 6 on Thursday; 2 sleeps to go!

Having driven one today ‘Carmad’ I’m excited for you. It’s a brilliant early Christmas present! Enjoy.

MFillingham
              Participant

I did my own ceramic protection on the ZS I’ve got now but there’s not a chance I’d do it again.  It took me 2 days to prepare and treat the car and that’s likely to be twice as long now, assuming I can actually get it done.  I understand the wish to get the dealer to do the job, hopefully they’ll do a good job for you.

You’ve gone for the combination that’s sitting high in my thoughts, although waiting for May might change my mind.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.
                I'll try to give my honest opinion but am always open to learning.

Mark

kezo
                Participant

I did my own ceramic protection on the ZS I’ve got now but there’s not a chance I’d do it again. It took me 2 days to prepare and treat the car and that’s likely to be twice as long now, assuming I can actually get it done. I understand the wish to get the dealer to do the job, hopefully they’ll do a good job for you. You’ve gone for the combination that’s sitting high in my thoughts, although waiting for May might change my mind.

Top tip, do it as soon as you collect car and get home, before any polution enters the paint. Hats off to you though trying to do ceramic yourself. Lifeshine is like a polish much easier to use 🙂

Never done a Motability car’s paintwork tbh. The interior maybe depending on materials of seats.

MFillingham
                  Participant

Yes definitely a do it before you get it dirty type job.  I washed, clayed and treated each panel, a thankless task that resulted in a car that stayed easy to clean for 18 months, not bad for a 3 month treatment.

Silly question, has anyone heard whispers about Hyundai’s intent for Q1?  I suspect that with Christmas getting in the way it could be January before I have everything I need to get the car.

I'm Autistic, if I say something you find offensive, please let me know, I can guarantee it was unintentional.

Mark

kezo
                    Participant

Yes definitely a do it before you get it dirty type job. I washed, clayed and treated each panel, a thankless task that resulted in a car that stayed easy to clean for 18 months, not bad for a 3 month treatment. Silly question, has anyone heard whispers about Hyundai’s intent for Q1? I suspect that with Christmas getting in the way it could be January before I have everything I need to get the car.

Why not order it, to be on the safe side of any increases. You can always cancel if need be.

I shall visit my friendly dealer in the run up to the new year and see if there is going to be any movement and whether the awd will grace the scheme.

MFillingham
                      Participant

Why not order it, to be on the safe side of any increases. You can always cancel if need be. I shall visit my friendly dealer in the run up to the new year and see if there is going to be any movement and whether the awd will grace the scheme.

Simply, I’m waiting for confirmation from DWP that I’ve been awarded the higher rate mobility element that the assessor stipulated.  Until I get that letter, I can’t create an account or order anything.  It’s close (their given processing time ends Christmas Day) but then there’s the farce of getting a second class letter delivered around all the bank holidays.

It feels within touching distance but timing being what it is means I could be subjected to next quarter’s pricing.

Mark

kezo
                        Participant

Simply, I’m waiting for confirmation from DWP that I’ve been awarded the higher rate mobility element that the assessor stipulated.  Until I get that letter, I can’t create an account or order anything.  It’s close (their given processing time ends Christmas Day) but then there’s the farce of getting a second class letter delivered around all the bank holidays.

Bummer!

Callmejohn
                          Participant

That’s great Pops, they never asked me about getting the car treated inside and out with Autoglym, but I would have been interested and may ask the dealer about it, as I am not physically capable of  taking care of the car beyond a car wash.

Carmad, I hope you love your new car and and I/we all look forward to getting feedback from you on how you like find it. I am expecting to get my Ioniq 66 in time for Christmas, as I have ordered my hand controls which should be in the start of next week and have registered my personalised number plate, just waiting on DVLA sending out the paperwork.

Viewing 11 replies - 126 through 136 (of 136 total)
                          • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.