Hyundai Ioniq 6 delays ?

• Creator
    Topic
    Participant

So i ordered my car on the 8th of November 23 and was told to expect delivery in February 24. Contacted the dealer yesterday for an update only to be told to expect delivery now early May, has anyone else been told to expect delays ?

Apparently the car has been built but as of yet not allocated a slot for shipping, not sure if its just me or what but i smell bovine.

----------------------------
      Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate
      Scale modeller in my spare time

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
    • Author
      Replies
      Badwolfe
      Participant

If your car is already built 4 months seems an awful long time to ship it.

kezo
        Participant

Are the ships getting caught up in the red sea antics and going the long way round!

Participant

He never said why, hoped it would be sooner but did not want to promise and then go back on it. My thoughts were if it`s already built and sat in a lot somewhere then 3 months to ship it from South Korea seems excessive even with the middle east issues.

Guess its just me been impatient i suppose.

Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate

Tgreen
            Spectator

Are the ships getting caught up in the red sea antics and going the long way round!

the long way round is only 12 days extra.

kezo
              Participant

the long way round is only 12 days extra.

Yes but, we don’t know where Stuarts car is in relation to being transported and actually get on a ship. Them 12(24 return) days can soon mount up. Added to that andy delays from Gdansk to Tilbury docks and transporter delays from Tibury to dealer.

@Stuart do you know how to track Eukar and K Line ships?

Rhodgie
                Participant

@Stuart I’m the same.

I ordered at the start of November for a 5th Feb change over date. Got a call to say it’ll likely be June now.

The dealer said he was checking other dealers stock but there’s nothing available in the spec I wanted (model, colour, interior, mirrors) and I don’t want to change anything. Plenty of AWD available but nothing in RWD.

I’m hoping that in April the price will take a huge drop ?

As for delivery times. They can’t really ship them out in dribs and drabs, I guess they have to build up enough stock to make it worthwhile putting them all on one ship?

Participant

@Rhodgie

Good to hear its not just me then, out of interest which dealer did you use ? i went through EH.

Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate

Rhodgie
                    Participant

@Stuart  Evans Halshaw at Gateshead, I’m from Scotland but they were the closest doing the extra £750 contribution

Participant

Ahh i got mine from Evens Halshaw Leeds, but they were only doing the £750 off on stock cars at the time so i didn`t get it which is a shame, still a good price for a lot of car though.

Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate

Markymate
                        Participant

@Stuart. Eukor’s ship, Morning Peace left Ulsan on the 19th of December and is due in at Tilbury on 30th of January.  Fingers crossed it might be on there.

https://www.eukor.com/schedule-search

Participant

That would be brilliant if it where, can`t wait to drive it now.

Hyundai Ioniq 6 Ultimate

KamKam
                            Participant

Sorry for bringing an old post back from the dead, but any idea how long it takes getting a car from Tilbury (port) to the dealership (Scotland)? Current lease company breathing down my neck for a return! New car reached port today although I’m not sure if it docked.

kezo
                              Participant

Sorry for bringing an old post back from the dead, but any idea how long it takes getting a car from Tilbury (port) to the dealership (Scotland)? Current lease company breathing down my neck for a return! New car reached port today although I’m not sure if it docked.

Depends on what transporters are allocated to your and the number of vehicles being delivered  to hyundai dealers along your route.

At a guess 2 to 3 weeks but could be longer.

Rhodgie
                                Participant

@KamKam  not sure how much help this’ll be to you but I’d tweeted Hyundai direct so I recommend trying that.

I think the boat carrying mines docked at Tilbury on the 13th (Grand Uranus) but another boat (Morning Cornelia) docked today, the 21st. Not sure what boat yours would have been on?

According to Hyundai my car should be at Gateshead in 5 working days, I got that reply yesterday so that’d be Thurs. So about 2 or 3 weeks from port arrival to the dealer depending on how many cars need to be delivered to dealers… 🤷‍♂️

I’m also in Scotland but ordered from Gateshead as I was getting a better deal, hopefully we’ll start seeing more on the roads soon with these boats arriving… 🤞 I’ve already decided I won’t collect mines until July in the vain hope the AP drops 😂😂😂

KamKam
                                  Participant

Depends on what transporters are allocated to your and the number of vehicles being delivered to hyundai dealers along your route. At a guess 2 to 3 weeks but could be longer.

Squeaky bum time if it’s 3 weeks!!!

KamKam
                                    Participant

@KamKam not sure how much help this’ll be to you but I’d tweeted Hyundai direct so I recommend trying that. I think the boat carrying mines docked at Tilbury on the 13th (Grand Uranus) but another boat (Morning Cornelia) docked today, the 21st. Not sure what boat yours would have been on? According to Hyundai my car should be at Gateshead in 5 working days, I got that reply yesterday so that’d be Thurs. So about 2 or 3 weeks from port arrival to the dealer depending on how many cars need to be delivered to dealers… 🤷‍♂️ I’m also in Scotland but ordered from Gateshead as I was getting a better deal, hopefully we’ll start seeing more on the roads soon with these boats arriving… 🤞 I’ve already decided I won’t collect mines until July in the vain hope the AP drops 😂😂😂

Mines was the Cornelia. If anything changes next Q and it’s in stock I’d be tempted to travel for it!!

Rico
                                      Participant

@KamKam not sure how much help this’ll be to you but I’d tweeted Hyundai direct so I recommend trying that. I think the boat carrying mines docked at Tilbury on the 13th (Grand Uranus) but another boat (Morning Cornelia) docked today, the 21st. Not sure what boat yours would have been on? According to Hyundai my car should be at Gateshead in 5 working days, I got that reply yesterday so that’d be Thurs. So about 2 or 3 weeks from port arrival to the dealer depending on how many cars need to be delivered to dealers… 🤷‍♂️ I’m also in Scotland but ordered from Gateshead as I was getting a better deal, hopefully we’ll start seeing more on the roads soon with these boats arriving… 🤞 I’ve already decided I won’t collect mines until July in the vain hope the AP drops 😂😂😂

Mines was the Cornelia. If anything changes next Q and it’s in stock I’d be tempted to travel for it!!

give hyundai ashford a call, they will check their system to see if any of the main dealers have one and if they can steal it, or even better if the awd version of 6 comes on I saw a list of about 12 of them sitting in a dealers.

my last 4 cars have been a week from choosing to collecting, because i search for model and spec on autotrader, then contact the dealer to see if they will let it go to a motab customer, then pop in show licence and collect 5 days later .

KamKam
                                        Participant

I’ve been round the houses up here in Scotland.  That would be ideal if the AWD came on I’d be all over that. I’ve got a relatively fast car just now but that was just bonkers 😆

Rhodgie
                                          Participant

@KamKam I do lots of miles so I prefer range to speed but if the AWD became available I’d be tempted 🤔  I’ll let you know when mines is delivered and ready for collection.

@Rico
                                            I could have had one in days if I’d taken a stock car but because of the colours & spec I wanted it was a factory order, plus I need hand controls so that’s another delay.

Rhodgie
                                            Participant

@KamKam my dealer called today to say my car has arrived with them  🥳

Hopefully yours won’t be too far behind 🤞

KamKam
                                              Participant

Great news, pal. How longs that been 2 weeks? Need to do a wee review when you get it!

Viewing 21 replies - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
                                              • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.