Hyundai i800 2.5CRDi SE Nav & VW transporter

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Avatar Philjb 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #75111 Reply
    Finch

Has anyone owned or looked at the Hyundai i800 2.5CRDi SE Nav ?

It looks great value for the money but I was wondering if all the seats on the latest 2019 model went down as some say the middle seats don’t and some say they do.

Also would the the VW transporter be a better option and does this come with electronic handbrake, cruise control and parking sensors or is all that extra on the VW.

Appreciate any info you can give on these vehicles.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 months ago by Avatar JS.
Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #75115 Reply
    Philjb

I’ve had the i800 for a hire car once and the mpg is shocking, I know it’s a big car probably slightly bigger then a transporter, but there’s such a big difference in quality and the 102  ps transporter is slow to 60 and only a bit better on fuel.

I had to return the i 800 early because it was so massive to park and the grey interior plastics were cheap and just horrible.

#75122 Reply
    Finch

Thanks for the info Phil I will bear that in mind. The Hyundai i800 2.5CRDi SE Nav AP is £999 and there is a big jump in price to the Peugeot Traveller 1.5 BlueHDi Active with an AP of £2,499 and then the  Toyota PROACE Verso 1.5D Combi with an AP of £2,695.

I suppose the next best thing  size wise (the bigger the better) is a SEAT Alhambra 2.0TDI SE L or Ford Grand Tourneo Connect 1.5TDCi Titanium or Volkswagen Sharan 2.0TDI SE.

#75123 Reply
    Philjb

The Alhambra and the sharan are getting on a bit but are much nicer to drive and both offer plenty of space.

Id only go for the i800 if you really needs lots of seats, I found although large it want very practical use of space.

The transporter is just like a big golf but the lower powered versions are only 5 speed and and noises at motorway speed too.

#75131 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

According to Hyundai’s website both rows of seats in the i800 have 60/40 splits so they must all fold.

#75160 Reply
    JS

At very reasonable OTR prices I’m very surprised hyundai doesn’t spec the i800 up a bit, I believe they have changed the seats recently but according to a neighbor who has one (private) loves it and as Wardy says above both 2nd and 3rd split 60/40 plus also recline however the neighbors biggest issue or wish is the 2nd row seats are also sliding but the 3rd row are fixed so would be nice for lots of needs if these where to slide too. I think it one of those that you really do need to go and see and spend some time moving seats about etc as the money saved on AP goes a long way towards the petrol. Neighbors wish list or would of  added as optional extras is that was an option. (Electric front seat/heated 2nd row seats/sliding 3rd row seats/electric tailgate/) oh and on theirs there is no 12v socket in the back anywhere (may have changed now).

ive been in it and must admit would be very suitable for many users and is a very versatile bit of kit, I love the privacy glass the things that spring to mind I would like to see added or changed apart from the points Above are the 16 inch wheels look wise seem they should be bigger and a sunroof for the back would give a more luxurious feel.

#75178 Reply
    Philb

The seats on the model I had the seats folded the middle but were bolted to the floor?

So unbolting and lifting them out when you need more space.

#75226 Reply
    Finch

Thanks for the info Phil, Wardy and to you JS for giving me the details on your neighbours i800. It has given me a lot to think about as the date for change gets nearer and the need for ‘the bigger the better’ affordable vehicle for around £1,000 – £1,300 I can find on the scheme.

Cheers

#75934 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Hyundai i800 is being removed from range with no replacement.

Last production is June 2019 and last order date is 7th May 2019.

#81155 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Hyundai are now continuing with the i800, it was being removed due to WLTP issues, presumably they will be changing the engines. Expect the AP to increase for Q3.

#81170 Reply
    Philjb

Horrible cars from an interior build quality point off view in my opinion.

They need to make the seat laying more disabled friendly.

Autos are horrible to drive/ manual are better.

But I couldn’t live with the vast cheep grey plastic interior on the one I had on loan for a few days.

I swapped it for a Vauxhall zaffira! That’s how bad it was.

Mind you the latest zaffira was nice to drive.  With plenty of nice touches.

Viewing 10 replies - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
Reply To: Hyundai i800 2.5CRDi SE Nav & VW transporter

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: