How to order a hoist

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ChrisK 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Creator
    Topic
  • #108793 Reply

Oscarmax
    Participant

I have ordered my next car, our Motability dealer is not really that helpful, we did mention about having a steering wheel knob, he informed us Mitsubishi ones are very expensive, I would be better off getting one fitted free through Motability, here’s my question we are not sure about a hoist for my mobility scooter, I am trying to use my walker and crutches more, we have asked the dealer about a hoist he tell us contact Motability they will sort it out.

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #108795 Reply

Smallcar
    Participant

If you think you may need a hoist in the future get it through Motability with your new car. If ordered after you have received car it’ll set you back about £1200 for you to arrange to have it done.

#108806 Reply

ChrisK
    Participant

If it’s a Motability car then the hoist is ordered from the same dealer/salesperson your getting the car from. What the dealer has said about sorting with Motability is wrong as its them, the dealer, that should sort it. Not sure where you stand if you never ordered the hoist the same day you ordered the car but I think its still down to the dealer if the car has not been delivered and they can’t fit the hoist until the car is at the dealers anyway.

The dealer should be in contact with Motability recognised adaption installers who should sort thing like steering balls or what ever other adaption you may need.

I don’t know what it is but some dealers seem as if they can’t be bothered with anything else but the car as if adding the adaptions and hoist is someone else problem. I think it maybe it’s because there in an area where they know little but generally more experienced sales person know the installers of the adaption as they have their favourites.

Viewing 2 replies - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
Reply To: How to order a hoist

You can use BBCodes to format your content.
Your account can't use Advanced BBCodes, they will be stripped before saving.

Your information: