How old is your television ?

• This topic has 87 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 3 weeks, 1 day ago by Thomas H Carson.
  • Creator
    Topic
  • #160845 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My Samsung in the lounge is 10 years old but alas not smart shame as still a lovely picture 

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 12 replies - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #164919 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Marc can you cancel Netflix after a month ? There doesn’t seem to be many films on iPlayer ?

#164921 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Yes with Netflix there is no contract and you can cancel anytime, you do have to set up an account and authorise ongoing monthly payments but these can be cancelled at anytime., there is also no adverts.

#164923 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

There’s currently 143 films on BBC iPlayer to suit quite a wide range of tastes, are you looking under the film tab?

#164925 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Captain Phillips and 3 ‘carry on’ films are on iTV Hub, Captain Phillips, Tom Hanks, is a very good film and worth a watch if you’ve not seen it expires in 3 days though. Quite a few on my5 as well.

• This reply was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by Marc.
    #164960 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Thankyou for the info mark I was looking at wrong page on iPlayer found a lot more films now cheers

#165082 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Marc what is a good action film to watch tonight ? A free one

#165083 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Marc what is a good action film to watch tonight ? A free one

I don’t really know, we have Sky Movies, Netflix and Disney+ so tend not to watch free ones, Captain Phillips on ITV Hub is good though, it expires today so last chance.

#165193 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Watching Sicario 2 day of the Soldado film tonight on Film 4 app John wick 3 on film 4 next Wednesday evening 6th October

#165195 Reply
    kbfern

You don’t need to worry so much these days with OLED regarding screen burn as the newer tv’s have more resilience than sets built before 2018.

I have a Panasonic 2019 model 65″ GZ950 OLED since June last year and just clocked over 6000 hrs and no sign of any screenburn. The panasonic does a minor 10 minute screenwash every time it’s on for more than 1-1/2 hrs and every 1000hrs does a major 80 min wash. I watch plenty of BBC24hr news which has static images on and no problem so far. The tv is on from 8am-11pm most days but it has never been used for gaming which is bad for OLEDs.

#165278 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

E4 was off air yesterday and a lady 2 doors away missed married at first sight can I get it on my all 4 app so she can watch it ?

#165281 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

E4 was off air yesterday and a lady 2 doors away missed married at first sight can I get it on my all 4 app so she can watch it ?

Yes just type it in the search box.

#165289 Reply
    Thomas H Carson

Good morning Mike…

I have a not-smart/dumb TV in an upstairs bedroom.

It has a HDMI port/socket.

I bought a Roku Express dongle.

Now that Dumb TV has: iPlayer, all4, Netflix, Amazon prime, Now TV, ITV hub, Sky news, and a choice of hundreds of other free ( ana few pay) channels.

For live TV it has iPlayer, sky news and all slightly delayed catch up services.

All for the cost of the Roku stick. (£29.99)

Apologies to you Mike if this is irrelevant or unwanted.

My apologies to everyone else for ‘ grandma/suck eggs syndrome’.

That’s all folks.

Viewing 12 replies - 76 through 87 (of 87 total)
Reply To: How old is your television ?
Your information: