How old is your television ?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160845 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My Samsung in the lounge is 10 years old but alas not smart shame as still a lovely picture 

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #163471 Reply
    Mike11

Fire stick is fantastic all set up next Tuesday evening at 9pm on film 4 is fab film called Anna will this be on the All4 app the next day ?

#163473 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

If you type Anna in to the All4 search box it says coming soon available from Tuesday.

#163480 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Nothing but praise from the All4 service. Great choice, particularly for foreign drama. More programmes on All4 online than the telly version. Moreover, it does not freeze and drop out like the Amazon thing. Particularly bad on sports broadcasts – uncannily always does it just as the game, usually tennis, is hitting a vital moment!

#163485 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

If you type Anna in to the All4 search box it says coming soon available from Tuesday.

. That’s great Marc Thankyou it looks a good film will watch it at a better time

#163496 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Wigwam Marc if I buy same fire stick for bedroom tv for bedroom tv will I have to put in my password etc for all apps or will they know as it will work off same broadband ?

#163501 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Wigwam Marc if I buy same fire stick for bedroom tv for bedroom tv will I have to put in my password etc for all apps or will they know as it will work off same broadband ?

No problem having more than one stick you will need to connect and enter password for WiFi and log into your Amazon account, set up is the same as your first stick but all the apps you have downloaded to your first stick will be in your ‘cloud’  and will need to be downloaded to your new stick, then you will have the apps on both sticks.

#163502 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I can’t thank you enough I’ve thrown my old humax recording box in the bin no need for it now

#163700 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

Reading this thread I thought I’d look to see how old my new LG OLED 55” TV is and I’d be blown over by a feather it’s one year and one week old today with just four years and fifty one weeks guarantee left from RicherSounds.

It still seems like its still brand new to me and still smitten by the picture quality more so with Prime 4K what there is of it but looking forward to binging “Vigil” on the BBC iPlayer in 4K when the series finishes.

Although the TV was expensive it was off set by money normally reserved for going away last year when we were imprisoned in our homes and our old Pani 42” LED while still working fine was demoted to the other half’s arts studio / bedroom.

#163777 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I love my amazon fire stick I’ve noticed while watching a programme on all 4 my 5 etc that I cannot fast forward adverts ? I don’t mind as lovely picture

#163782 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

They don’t want you skipping the ads, Mike. It’s by design.

#163787 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Both All4 and ITV Hub offer a subscription service that is advertising  free, £3.99 a month each. Not anything I would pay for though.

#163788 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Both All4 and ITV Hub offer a subscription service that is advertising free, £3.99 a month each. Not anything I would pay for though.

me too Marc I don’t mind the adverts

#163806 Reply
    ChrisK
    Participant

I love my amazon fire stick I’ve noticed while watching a programme on all 4 my 5 etc that I cannot fast forward adverts ? I don’t mind as lovely picture

That’s why I would recommend not throwing your old Humax recorder away.

#163832 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

That’s why I would recommend not throwing your old Humax recorder away.

. Chris my old humax box was freezing etc I had many years out of it I’m glad you had your OLED from richer sounds I have one 5 miles away in Leicestershire the 5 year warranty is a bonus as it seems OLED suffer from screen burn going by the many on eBay ! Have you got freeview play on your OLED I wonder with that you can skip the adverts ? I’m not sure whether to buy another fire stick for the lounge or have new tv for the lounge but I wonder for normal viewing I would see much improvement in picture from my old 10 year old Samsung ? I always watch in HD freeview never SD except on fire stick in bedroom

#163917 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Just watched Anna on film 4 on fire stick fantastic film

#163927 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Anyone else watched Anna ?

#163929 Reply
    wmcforum
    Which Mobility Car

Mike, do you have adverts in the films when watching on ALL4 or is it just at the beginning?

#163931 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

It was one advert at beginning and then just one advert in break so can’t complain I’m thinking about new 50 inch nanocell LG tv or fire stick for lounge?

#163932 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Anna was so good I really enjoyed it

Viewing 19 replies - 51 through 69 (of 69 total)
Reply To: How old is your television ?
Your information: