How old is your television ?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #160845 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

My Samsung in the lounge is 10 years old but alas not smart shame as still a lovely picture 

BBC Breakfast expert, Toyota CHR driver.

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #161069 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Sadly, if I want to watch most broadcast TV, Sky is the only option without buying even more stuff/subscriptions to receive/play. Actually have a simple soundbar which I can set up to make dialogue (almost) decipherable. Have considered doing the AV amp thing but Mrs T would object to all the boxes and wires and I would also need to put a graphic equalizer in the system. Could end up very expensive and would probably stop other functions working too.

#161075 Reply
    joss

Regarding the sound on Sky, one thing I have found to to make sure that you use a good quality HDMI 2.0 cable. It really makes a Hugh difference. Below is what I use

4K HDMI cable 2m,HDMI 2.0 Cable Snowkids flat Ultra hdmi to hdmi high speed 18Gbps 4K@60Hz,UHD 2160p,HD 1080p,3D,ARC,Ethernet,Video return,HDCP 2.2,compatible with fire TV/PS4 quality nylon cord grey

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by joss. Reason: added link

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#161083 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

Thanks, Joss. Will give it a try.

#161088 Reply
    joss

Thanks, Joss. Will give it a try.

Let me know how you get on Tharg please

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#161093 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Strictly answering the question. 8 months 2 weeks and 4 days.

#161098 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Well, if you want to go down that road fwippers, 7 years.  And I’ve no inclination to replace it.

#161103 Reply
    Mike Cooper

Back in the day,70’s/80’s the tellys we had were always going wrong and their longevity was generally somewhat short (maybe I just had cheapo ones and others experience are different).Todays Tvs though seem to last forever and I can’t even remember the last time I had to get one fixed!

#161112 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Well, if you want to go down that road fwippers, 7 years. And I’ve no inclination to replace it.

our previous one was 5 years old snd failed ans was replaced under warranty. We normally look to replace every 5 or 6 years and one of our children are happy to have the old one.

#161114 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Well I wish I had OLED tv this morning for bbc breakfast Louise and Carol looked amazing

#161145 Reply
    joss

Well I wish I had OLED tv this morning for bbc breakfast Louise and Carol looked amazing

You think they look amazing on normal TV Mike? On OLED 4K they are nekkid!

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#161159 Reply
    Wigwam
    Participant

Don’t encourage him Joss, he’ll be selling his mother to raise the thousand pounds to buy one.

#161167 Reply
    fwippers
    Participant

Don’t encourage him Joss, he’ll be selling his mother to raise the thousand pounds to buy one.

Too late!

#161182 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Oled tv is closer ! I’ve found a share certificate with 75 WPP shares am I right in thinking they are worth £9.68 each so nearly £750 ? Any help most welcome thankyou

#161183 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Yes saw Louise in pink with glasses stunning imho

#161189 Reply
    joss

Mike you need to set up a go fund me web page.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#161198 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

On OLED 4K they are nekkid” Didn’t need an OLED this morning with Ms Kirkwood’s frock. How is a chap meant to concentrate on weather map with the presenter wearing an optical illusion like that?

#161199 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

And, Joss. New cable arriving today. Will let you know how it works…

#161202 Reply
    joss

Nice one Tharg. Must have missed Ms Kirkwood’s frock.

Joss
    ***🌻🌻🌻 ***
    Builder of Gaming PC's

#161231 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

On OLED 4K they are nekkid” Didn’t need an OLED this morning with Ms Kirkwood’s frock. How is a chap meant to concentrate on weather map with the presenter wearing an optical illusion like that?

totally agree Tharg carol must have her bras specially made her new boyfriend is a very lucky guy indeed as is Louises husband yes my shares are £9.68 each I’m selling them costs £25

#161643 Reply
    Tharg
    Participant

@Joss New lead is certainly an improvement. Can hear the telly trying hard to apply the dialogue selection to Sky. Working well. Aside from US dramas which still drown out the words with intrusive music and ridiculous sound FX. Car door closing is as loud as as a thunderclap. Don’t the producers ever watch their stuff before it goes out?

#163126 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I’ve ordered an amazon fire stick with Alexa hope it’s easy to set up does it just want my WiFi password etc my Reuter is 6 feet from my tv I love you tube so hope to watch on my 40 inch screen

#163128 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

I have an Amazon account will it want my amazon password etc

#163157 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

I have an Amazon account will it want my amazon password etc

Yes you will need to connect and enter your WiFi password, also sign in/register for an amazon account, just follow the on screen instructions. After set up look in the apps store and download any apps you want, all the usual free view iplayers are there and sky news is worth getting. If you have subscriptions there is also BT Sport, Disney+ and Netflix.

#163159 Reply
    Marc
    Participant

Forgot to mention you have to pay for some apps so best to set up your account so you need to enter your password to make a payment, I’ve only ever bothered with the free ones and the subscribed ones.

#163160 Reply
    Menorca Mike
    Participant

Marc Thankyou for the replies I just want bbc i player and you tube both free

Viewing 25 replies - 26 through 50 (of 69 total)
Reply To: How old is your television ?
Your information: