How much fuel do you put in a week?

• Creator
    Topic
  • #190157 Reply
    Jake

<p style=”text-align: left;”>Hi guys,</p>
    I just wanted to know how much fuel you guys put in, in a week. Also how much miles do you do weekly. It’d be interesting to know considering the fuel prices

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Replies
  • #190162 Reply
    DaveH

Currently a full tank (50 ish litres) petrol, 250 or so miles.  Clock says 22.7mpg avg, haven’t actually sat and done the maths.  That mpg was only obtained by doing a 60 mile distance run twice weekly for uni, before it was 21mpg. Ford kuga awd 1.5l auto 68 plate.  Its a thirsty engine ~£90 pw.

#190165 Reply
    WardyGTC
    Participant

Fill up every other week, currently about £70. Getting about 37mpg on a 1.3 turbo engine with mostly short journeys.

If I seem a little strange, that's because I am.

Mercedes Benz B180 Premium Plus.

#190167 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Average of £36.00 per month over the last 25 months

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#190168 Reply
    rox
    Participant

I tend not to fill the car up unless I’m doing a long journey as it’s just extra weight I’m pulling around when just in town with lots of stop /start and doing mainly short journey’s and the school run everyday, where the car don’t really get hot either, burns the most fuel.

On average i’d say maybe £20 a week. had the new car almost a month is a vitara 1.4 turbo mild hybrid only done 265 miles so far. Off to the beach tomorrow as daughter has inset day and my brothers this weekend a 380 mile round trip so guess I’ll know more then on the true mpg right now is around 30mpg.

#190172 Reply
    Rugbyleague
    Participant

Average 320 miles a week costs about a fiver in electricity if I charge at home.

#190174 Reply
    Brydo
    Participant

Volvo XC40 PHEV, currently getting 470.8 mpg. previously, before the price increases, i was putting in between £100 – £150 per month. Since getting the car on the 1st March i have put in £50 of fuel, best choice ever.

The only person who got all his work done by Friday was Robinson Crusoe.
    Anything i post over three lines long please assume it is an article lol.

#190166 Reply
    Russ

i know this is slightly off topic but I drove from North Yorkshire to Kent and back again.  I decided to see what mpg average I could get from my Tiguan Allspace and I was well chuffed to get 65mpg.

i drove between 60/65 mph.

#190185 Reply
    joss

I fill the tank (55 Ltrs) about once a month with on average 37.7 litres. Average 32.9 MPG mainly short runs and around town.

Joss
    Current car BMW X2 2.0i Sport sDrive Auto 2019 with Sport pack
    Last car Ford Focus Titanium 1.5 TDCI

"Men fight for liberty & win it with hard knocks. Their children brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves" - D.H. Lawrence

#190186 Reply
    Oscarmax
    Participant

Again slightly off topic:

We tow our 1500 kg caravan down to the New Forest with our Outlander PHEV a 180 mile each way, with E5 petrol we achieved  32 mpg towing with this new E10 rubbish we are only achieving 29/30 mpg towing

In 2005 I suffered a brain injury which has left me with mental and physical disabilities.
    Unfortunately I do get confused and get things wrong, so I apologise in advance.

Mitsubishi Outlander 2.4 PHEV

#190189 Reply
    James

We do around 1500 miles a month, cost us less £15 between home charger and free work charging but would be £350 a month in our petrol car

#190194 Reply
    Jason

i have a Toyota Yaris hybrid around 50 mpg and put in around £25 a week

#190244 Reply
    Rich
    Participant

Currently a full tank (50 ish litres) petrol, 250 or so miles. Clock says 22.7mpg avg, haven’t actually sat and done the maths. That mpg was only obtained by doing a 60 mile distance run twice weekly for uni, before it was 21mpg. Ford kuga awd 1.5l auto 68 plate. Its a thirsty engine ~£90 pw.

Really, that bad? My 19 year old Honda 2.4L auto tourer does 21mpg. I’d expect the 1.5L to be much better on fuel. We were looking at one or the Puma to replace our X1. Might have to rethink that!

#190266 Reply
    Stuart
    Participant

Currently doing around 150 miles per week. I charge twice per month so around £15 per month cost.

----------------------------
    KIA Soul EV First Edition
    Scale modeller in my spare time

#190422 Reply
    Jamie Trangmar

I do a full tank every 4-6days which costs roughly £90 at the moment, and do around 1,600 miles per month. To say my bank balance is being hit hard with current fuel prices is an understatement 😭🤣

#190424 Reply
    JamieT
    Participant

I fill up every 4-6days at roughly £90 a tank and do about 1600miles a month to say my bank balance is taking a hit is an understatement😭🤣

Viewing 15 replies - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
Reply To: How much fuel do you put in a week?
Your information: